Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

rubbish footballers who have been around for years

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Ade Akinbiyi maybe the worst striker to grace the prem ever.

Years ago, a good amateur footballer mate of mine had a trial at Bristol City - and the successsful triallists on the day were invited back to take part in the first team squad training.

I know someone that had a trial at Bristol City. Might be the same person. Kenny Pavey?

I know Kenny. Doing really well for himself out in Sweden with AIK. Just won the Swedish double.

Yeah i saw that, they play at Swedens national stadium too. I saw someone say he is the best midfielder in the swedish league!
    His mum and dad still live down my road. Really nice bloke.
  • Options
    Has to be Ashely Ward, Marcus Bent, Luke Varney, Anderson and that brazilian that Sir Alex sold to Villa who was proper pony, Djimi Traore, and that complete waste of time Omar Pouso
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]Surprised no-one has mentioned the other Neville, Gary. Alex Ferguson's perennial 'blindspot', years and years of aimless, hopeless long balls, not forgetting some hurrendous defending and being singularly at fault for truck loads of goals. How he has lasted so long in one of the best team's in the world is astonishing. Would never had played for England had he not been at Man Utd.

Gary Neville.

So instantly forgettable, I forgot all about him.

Where is he these days........ surely not still at Old Trafford?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Has to be Ashely Ward, Marcus Bent, Luke Varney, Anderson and that brazilian that Sir Alex sold to Villa who was proper pony, Djimi Traore, and that complete waste of time Omar Pouso

Djembe .......named after a drum?

Soon drummed out of OT.
  • Options
    Eric Djemba-Djemba...so shite they named him twice.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]Surprised no-one has mentioned the other Neville, Gary. Alex Ferguson's perennial 'blindspot', years and years of aimless, hopeless long balls, not forgetting some hurrendous defending and being singularly at fault for truck loads of goals. How he has lasted so long in one of the best team's in the world is astonishing. Would never had played for England had he not been at Man Utd.[/quote]

Gary Neville.

So instantly forgettable, I forgot all about him.

Where is he these days........ surely not still at Old Trafford?[/quote]

Yep, I think he was out for a while with a bad knee injury but has been playing understudy to one of those Brazilian twins that can play at RB for Utd. I hadn't watched more than 30 seconds of their game with Besiktas on Wednesday and in that time Neville had given away a clumsy freekick. It was a kind of fitting tribute to how rubbish he can be! I think for earnings against uselessness he would surely score quite highly?
  • Options
    Des Hamilton. Played for Newcastle. I remember seeing him get hauled off 15 mins after coming on to replace another player. That, in my books, is f***ing atrocious!
  • Options
    haha i remember Des Hamilton! what a blast from the past. He was dog s**t!!

What about that black fella that played up front for west spam??...something like Summasi Abu (pretty sure that his last name was Abu)
  • Options
    I always wondered how Alan Stubbs lasted as long as he managed to at the top level.
  • Options
    Do you honestly believe Gary Neville is rubbish? Can you name many right backs in the world who have been consistently better than him for the last 10 years?

Some of the suggestions in this thread are unbelievable
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    I am shocked that nobody has mentioned the one, the only, the unstoppable force that is....

Titus Bramble

Shit. End of.
  • Options
    I agree with you on this one Dabos. G Nev is/was a quality right back. One of the best crossers of the ball i've seen too.
  • Options
    dont know how terry hurlock and neil ruddock ever made a living out of the game, con artists
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Do you honestly believe Gary Neville is rubbish? Can you name many right backs in the world who have been consistently better than him for the last 10 years?

Some of the suggestions in this thread are unbelievable

Yep, Ferguson and multiple England managers have got that one so wrong. Not like he has won 7-8 titles,champions leagues, or got 80 odd caps.
  • Options
    Before he started playing for us, I would have put Christian Dailly in this list. Just remember him being shocking for the Spammers in a couple of games.....
  • Options
    I've never thought Mario Melchiot was much cop, especially as I remember seeing him put in one of the worst performances I have seen at The Valley when playing for Chelsea. I know that he's played for Holland and now Wigan's captain so can't be toooooooooo bad. Maybe it's just when I've seen him.
  • Options
    Andy O 'Brien at Bolton - always struck me as being pants.
  • Options
    Wayne Bridge? He's spent forever on the bench at various clubs and never actually done anything of note that I can remember.
  • Options
    He's such rubbish though, despite injury, he's invariably part of the England set up.
    Brilliant as a young player with Southampton in the Prem.

Wayne Bridge's problem has always been injury and Ashley Coles, in no particular order.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]paolo dicanio.
    LOL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Melchiott, Bramble and Ashley Ward are all good shouts above, and obviously there's Marcus Bent, Traore and Faye.

For me, I could never work out how Franz Carr used to get a game. Or Darren Moore.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Melchiott, Bramble and Ashley Ward are all good shouts above

Don't agree with Bramble. He was shocking for Newcastle but then what defender hasn't been? Free from the curse of Tyneside he's shown his ability at Wigan, and in fact won both of their player of the year awards last year.

Harewood who was mentioned is a good one; he's been treading water for a while simply off the back of that one season.
    Almost like a certain manager...
  • Options
    That West Ham season has also reminded me of a good one: Roy Carroll! How did he ever get almost 50 games for United?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Has anyone mentioned Robbie Savage and Steve Claridge and now they are both on the Football league show, forcing people to actually listen to their views about a game they were both rubbish at. Especially Savage the fact that he still plays at Derby is beyond shocking for me. Claridge i dont think was too bad a player but god he knows very little.
  • Options
    Im also wondering if some of these are a joke or not - Carrick, Ferdinand, Neville, Barry - 'rubbish'?!Oh dear...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Se12Addick[/cite]Im also wondering if some of these are a joke or not - Carrick, Ferdinand, Neville, Barry - 'rubbish'?!Oh dear...

I think allot of people were confusing rubbish at football with rubbish personalities and you just liseted some of the worse :-)
  • Options
    Anyone who named Giggs on this thread is mad, at 36 today he is still one of the top 10 or so players in the PL.

He was MOM yesterday and his ball through to Rooney's gall was top draw.
  • Options
    Im not sure anyone has but i agree Giggs is one of the greatest to ever grace the english league in my time anyway.
  • Options
    Roque Junior, Massimo Taibi, Stephane Guiv'arch, Jody Morris, John Jensen, Ramon Vega, Winston Bogarde, Frank Sinclair, Vinnie Jones, Gus Caesar, Tomas Brolin, Ali Dia.
  • Options
    Yep they're all crap. Just shows what we know and people employed in football know.