Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Year Resolutions

Serious or not, everyone makes them !

What are they, and have you broken any already ?

I'm determined to:

Cutt out bread (struggling already)
Learn to juggle
Visit Cornwall
Go to a live cricket match

Comments

• Options
    Give up smoking, but that means staying out of a pub till June, tbh don't think i can make it
  • Options
    give up swearing ..fat chance of that happening watching f***ing charlton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carey_Valley[/cite]Give up smoking

what idiot would attempt something like that !! :-)

Arsenal away on 2nd Jan did not fall kind for the smokers....
  • Options
    Drink a bit less.....if thats possible...

Cornwall is magical....
  • Options
    I've never been Cornwall, something i want to do as well.

Mine include:

giving up smoking to get us a holiday we can't afford
    losing 1 1/2 stone
    getting fit, as much as my knee will allow, and doing some form of event for charity
    coming back from 4 overseas stag do's unscathed
    reading more
    expanding the features on here
    seeing more bands live
    improving my cooking skills
  • Options
    Getting fit, brought a new Mountain bike yesterday, and full intend on getting some serious mileage out of it
  • Options
    AFKA - Even worse if you are a smoker going to the game tonight - the whole stadium is No Smoking.

There goes my finger nails and better get down the shop for a few packets of chewing gum!!

Mx
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carey_Valley[/cite]Give up smoking

what idiot would attempt something like that !! :-)

Arsenal away on 2nd Jan did not fall kind for the smokers....

ahh, too true ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]AFKA - Even worse if you are a smoker going to the game tonight - the whole stadium is No Smoking.

There goes my finger nails and better get down the shop for a few packets of chewing gum!!

Mx

No such thing as a no smoking stadium. Reading was no smoking and the concourse was like a fog. At Chelsea away last year i felt like a naughty schoolboy hiding in the toilets.

I'll be on the concourse tonight giving out patches. Giving up smoking is easy anyway, i don't know why more people don't do it....

:-)
  • Options
    Ok - Well I look out for you!

Give up ...... Me......... don't be silly - I'm bad enough now when I get stressed let alone not having a cig!

Mx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mine are the usual: give up smoking, lose weight etc, not a chance after todays game after a few beers.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    stop mid week drinking
    lose 1.5 stones
    stop biting my nails (already 5 weeks into that and succeeding)
    save money for new house
    watch more classic films on dvd
    read a paper once a week that isn't a tabloid.
  • Options
    To stop being such a lightweight with women, gonna be much braver this year..!
  • Options
    Lose a couple of stone.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]To stop being such a lightweight with women, gonna be much braver this year..![/quote]

And you need to brave with sittingbourne women!
  • Options
    I'm not that bothered about losing the weight as I've been fitter but heavier then I am now, so getting the fitness back first, and then the weight will look after itself
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]To stop being such a lightweight with women, gonna be much braver this year..!

And you need to brave with sittingbourne women!

Or stupid
  • Options
    1. Fight for a PS3 when they finally come out
    2. Lose weight
    3. Survive own stag do
    4. Get married
    5. Give up smoking after taking it up shortly after resolution 4 above
    6. Cut down on drinking after resolution 4 above
  • Options
    To ensure that I enjoy every precious day of 2007.

(Its already been broken due to returning to work today but at least thats only 1 day out of 365)
  • Options
    Yes I'm with the majority and need to lose at least stone. (no pun intended)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    give up magners :-( to lose a stone.
  • Options
    give up magners :-( to lose a stone.

Apples are good for you!
  • Options
    smokers / dieters etc. how is everyone getting on ?

Day 4 now. Like to to tell a tale of woe regarding the fags but the truth of the matter is its been ridiculously easy so far, unlike any of my previous 78 attempts. Occassional pang, a mouth full of sores and a bit of a sore throat is the only flip side i've had so far. Been drinking beer and going to football as well, so haven't avoided any events that might trigger a fag. Nottingham may prove a bit more tricky. Tried the patch for one day but found it uncomfortable, like having a needle in my arm, so haven't used again.

Diet went a bit out the window last night though with a McDonalds. My dirty felt dirty and used after....
  • Options
    dude, try the patch on your upper back, near ya shoulder blade (scapula), you'll find it less irritating man
  • Options
    Smudge, if you want to see Cornwall why don't you do LEJOG this year..

I am back on my regime. Cycle to work every day which is about 14 mile round trip, then skip two evening meals in the week, lose about 2lbs a week.
  • Options
    doing fine without them at the mo, i'll hold off until i feel i need them.

what a rip off they are anyway....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Smudge, if you want to see Cornwall why don't you do LEJOG this year..

I really would love to, was inspired reading about it. But don't think my knee could take it.

Plus i don't have a bike....
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Its not actually that much strain on the knees believe me - depending on what you've done to it of course? Get a cheap bike and do some riding, and see if your knee has problems.
  • Options
    Did someone actually post the words 'Skip two evening meals a week' ? I missed a meal last night and went out for a few beers with no food after & this is the worst I have felt all over Christmas & New year today.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    yeah, but have breakfast and a decent lunch.. and don't do two nights in a row. Oh and don't booze on those nights either.