Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ballon D'Or

Won by Messi ... makes sense to me, he's the best I've seen.

Messi won 473 votes out of 480 to win the coveted award from France Football.

Comments

• Options
    defo deserved there! wat a class player
  • Options
    Xavi & Iniesta should have relegated that bucktoothed prick into fourth place as well. In fact, I would have given it to Iniesta - based on the fact that I saw every minute of every Barca game last season, and the only time they struggled even remotely was when Iniesta wasn't on the pitch.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Izale was not in the top 3.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I'm surprised Izale was not in the top 3.

he was injured a lot which may have gone against him
  • Options
    Was Xavi Alonso anywhere on the list?
  • Options
    So was it 1)Messi 2)Ronaldo3)Iniesta4)Xavi ?

If so 3 of the top four players in the world came through the Baraca youth set up (and 7 of their starting 11 on Sunday).

Amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So thats two years in a row that Alonso hasnt been on the list!...most under-rated player in European football?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]So was it 1)Messi 2)Ronaldo3)Iniesta4)Xavi ?

If so 3 of the top four players in the world came through the Baraca youth set up (and 7 of their starting 11 on Sunday).

Amazing.

Not as good as Palaces though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]So thats two years in a row that Alonso hasnt been on the list!...most under-rated player in European football?
    Not even as good as Gareth Barry - just ask Benitez.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that the same Benitez that signed Voronin?
  • Options
    In Rafa they trust !!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Won by Messi ... makes sense to me, he's the best I've seen.

Messi won 473 votes out of 480 to win the coveted award from France Football.

What i'd like to know is which 7 blind people didn't vote for him?
  • Options
    Do you think Sky Sports will stop claiming the Premier League is the "best league in the world" now that it's obvious they can't back it up ?
  • Options
    Depends what you mean by best. IMO Its the best for excitement, Spanish football bores me.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Do you think Sky Sports will stop claiming the Premier League is the "best league in the world" now that it's obvious they can't back it up ?

3 Premier league teams once again made the last 4 in the champions league though so that's how they back it up. Yes Barcelona have an outstanding team (Eto'o was 5th so Barca had 4 of the top 5 players) but that doesn't mean that all round the premier league isn't a better league, because it is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]So thats two years in a row that Alonso hasnt been on the list!...most under-rated player in European football?

Alonso is a brilliant footballer, but I don't think he did that much in the year to warrant being on a list of footballers of the year. That's not to say I think all the players on the list should be there.

I'm not sure I really understand the award - is it supposed to go to the best player playing in a European league, or the player who contributed most to their team's success in that year? I know those two will normally go hand in hand, but not always.

Edin Džeko should be higher.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

Alonso is a brilliant footballer, but I don't think he did that much in the year to warrant being on a list of footballers of the year. That's not to say I think all the players on the list should be there.

I'm not sure I really understand the award - is it supposed to go to the best player playing in a European league, or the player who contributed most to their team's success in that year? I know those two will normally go hand in hand, but not always.

Edin Džeko should be higher.

Agree with that. Brilliant striker who won't be at Wolfsburg much longer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

Thats why i think he is so under-rated. He should have been on there in 2008. Played an integral part in Spains Euro 2008 team, aswell as helping Liverpool in the CL. He didnt get nominated but Emmanual Adebayor did??!!! This award loses all respect to me when you see things like that.