Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Mooney

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]completely agree with you on that but Len, your posts regularly dig out our fans and it just dont cut it with me. Mooney was not an acceptable player for the standard of our club and no matter what stick he received, he should never have played for us imo.

You are entitled to your opinion of David Mooney and you can say what you like here. But maybe you might want to think that the player might read it, and maybe you might want to ask whether you'd say what you write to his face. Or to his Uncle's face.... Booing our own players is another matter. What the hell good does it do? I can tell you what bad it does. It demoralises players and the rest of the fans. I'm not saying you are a booer, please don take it that way. But I am sure that Mooney's performance was affected by the treatment he got, and I am not surprised he's doing well at Colchester. To see why, you only have to look at the first posts in this thread. He's an intelligent player and a lot of his work doesnt easily get noticed.
  • jesus, its all too easy just to go with 'lets just support him no matter how shite he is'. Ive said it from day one that there are players of the same standard playing in the Kent League as David Mooney.
    Prague - wtf are you goin on about?. id tell mooney that he isnt good enough. its nothing against him personally, i just dont think he should be nicking a living as a pro footballer. Id tell his mum that too, as well as his uncle.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Prague - wtf are you goin on about?. id tell mooney that he isnt good enough. its nothing against him personally, i just dont think he should be nicking a living as a pro footballer. Id tell his mum that too, as well as his uncle.

I was referring to JonJo Shelvey's uncle being on here. He took on a few people who were slagging the kid off, and people became more careful what they said.

I dont know about you, but I was a pretty bad footballer. So I'm a bit careful about writing players off, and I listen to mates and people here who obviously read the game better than I do. And I try to take into account things like injuries, and listen out for other behind the scenes stuff which might affect a player. (Andy Gray was an example of that) .Take a look at the first page of this thread. Started before Christmas. Virtually everybody except Large singing his praises. I didnt think much of his performances in the second half of the season. But I could see what he brings to a team. And now he is banging in the goals at Colchester. So, you're entitled to your opinion, but a lot of people disagree with you including the professionals who pay his wages and play alongside him. They obviously dont think he's shite.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ChrisWhytesBaldhead[/cite]I wonder if it is playing a style of football (?) with Colchester which suites him or there isn't as much pressure on him or maybe something the management team are doing?

Maybe the fans there are more supportive of their players.

Lisbie was a perennial scapegoat at Charlton yet thrived at Colchester. Mooney was shamefully treated by our fans too and is perhaps responding to a more positive environment.

Alternatively the Colchester midfield might actually give him some sort of service unlike ours did much of the time.

That should read he was shamefully treated by SOME of our fans.

He has some qualities, but I suspect that Colchester are reaping the benefits of the extended run that we gave him last season. There's enough about his game that I like, he needed a bit more muscle and more experience of playing in English football. We certainly gave him the latter, and it's no surprise to me that he's doing ok at Colchester.
  • Last year after one of the games I got a few of the lIfers on here passes for the Lounge post match. Myself & Gumbo took the time to speak to a few of the players who bothered to show their Faces. Mooney was one of them, not only did he answer pretty much every question we asked him without ducking it unlike a certain Mr Bailey, he even was even interested in what we as fans thought about how the team were playing, the system, team selection etc and was asking us questions. Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Compare his so called non performances last season to that of what we have upfront so far this.
  • I think some of the fans frustations with Mooney were due to his lightweight physique.As to getting effected from reading negative posts that is absolute rubbish.As a pro he must have the mental toughness to fight criticism.If you perform than your distractors shut up.
    As a player he scored a couple of quality goals so there must be something there but in some other matches he looked lost and outmuscled.I also look out for his progress and
    pleases me when he scores.He did try his best for us.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]One of the things Parky said at Bromley last week was about message boards ( he can't stand them and never reads them). He said that Mooney had read one or more message boards while with us and it had got to him.[/quote]

Yeah but Large doesn;t masquerade himself as a footballer every Saturday!

ah diddums.[/quote]

seem to remember you getting annoyed with some of the comments made about you on here recently and you a lot older and the comments were far less abusive than DM got.[/quote]
  • Glad Mooney's doing well, always gave his all for us i thought he was a good player ok not stand out in our side but i'd prefer to have him then akpo
  • 3 in 8 games...isn't that the same as Wagstaff has got for us (but Wagstaff has played less games). Not a bad start to his Colchester career but doesn't really prove he will be good or bad by the end of the season.

Always was too light weight, will score goals but will also miss. Wasn't the worst player at Charlton, certainly wasn't the best. Fortune will put him in his pocket when we play Colchester.

Good luck to him, didn't deserve abuse as he always tried but attracted it because he looked like he was a bit of a pretty boy when he fell over so easily (don't honestly think it was his fault-just too light weight).
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Last year after one of the games I got a few of the lIfers on here passes for the Lounge post match. Myself & Gumbo took the time to speak to a few of the players who bothered to show their Faces. Mooney was one of them, not only did he answer pretty much every question we asked him without ducking it unlike a certain Mr Bailey, he even was even interested in what we as fans thought about how the team were playing, the system, team selection etc and was asking us questions. Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Compare his so called non performances last season to that of what we have upfront so far this.
    Bang on I liked his effort (infinately better than Abbott or Benson from what i saw of him)