Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton Disgrace - Sort It Out !!

2»

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Lots and lots of Charlton at the Goldstone for the Fans United game when they beat Hartlepool 5 - 0 as Gritty kept them.

Me, MOG, Alex Wright were there. Anyone else?

Nice feature on Steve Gritt in the programme last night.

Poyet also said that Charlton are a special club for him as one of his sons plays for the U16s.[/quote]

I was there Henry. Charlton had no game that day, having beaten Tranmere 3-1 on the previous Friday night.

A really good day with the Brighton fans making us feel especially welcome. Ashamedly, I got in for nothing as the stewards had opened an exit gate in response to congestion at the turnstiles.
  • You can't blame Brighton Council for most of this mess, though like Greenwich they could have done more to help in the early days when the goldstone was flattened for the retail park. The delays over Falmer were caused by Lewes Council and a lot of Nimbys in the Falmer area.

Brighton would have been in their new ground by now and away from the awful Withdean.
  • I make you right, BDL.

My best mate is a Seagull (not literally) and I have even been on one of their marches (in my CAFC shirt - which got a very positive response) when the Labour party conference was on (to get Prescott to hurry the f**k up and make a decision) in solidarity. There is a good relationship between the fans of both clubs due to the similar circumstances we have both found ourselves in. Plus, we both hate Palace!

I hope that BHA will rise again - hopefully way above the Surrey stripey ones; now that would be funny....
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoWhat[/cite]I was at the 7-0 and couldn't believe the shite I was seeing (after a pretty good start that season if I remember correctly). Hales walking around like a prize c*nt most of the 2nd half!
    The brother of the FADS guy (Stanley?) who sponsored us in the early 80's but didn't pay, got involved with them at board level in the late 80's and probably that was the beginning of their exit from the Goldstone. Without the Withdean they would have been well and truly f**ked - at least they retain their identity playing there!! Can't knock them for that. Good luck to 'em in the future.

I agree. You have to bear in mind that they shared with Gillingham for a couple of seasons! Withdean has always been seen as a bit of a haven by Brighton fans; at least their team are playing back in the city.