Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Southend (5/12/09) - Poll, Teams, Views

Comments

• Options
    Happily agree with everything BFR said.

2 - 0 Mooney and Bailey

I'm slightly hoping it will be really windy again and we can recreate the MK Dons match. Although I've a soft spot for Southend being quite local to me.
  • Options
    Didn't read the whole thread. Not so much the Llera in the holding Midfield role post later on. He tends to make me very nervous after the Colchester match even though he's put in some good performances since.
  • Options
    Think we will miss Semedo greatly but would rather see Spring play over Racon as Spring is naturally more defensive and would give the midfield more balance imo. Keep Wagstaff on the left, he fully deserves his chance and judging by his Brighton performance, could be a key player in the next few.

Ideally Youga or Richardson will be fit, but Omuzusi did look better the other night so not overly worried there.

I would like to see more of A Sodje as feel he needs a start if we are going to keep him longer, although Mooney does not deserve to be dropped.
  • Options
    Like others have said I think we might see Spring come in for Semedo. He's different to Semedo but happy to sit back and just do the job, more than Racon, Bailey or Shelvey.
  • Options
    Sorry to be pesimistic, but as a native Southender I've heard their tales of woe all week. This one could we'll blow up to be one of those horrible Monday morning embarrassments for me. Hope I'm wrong but I'm going 1-2.
  • Options
    I've got a bad feeling about this:-(

Semedo is a big loss.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I've got a bad feeling about this:-(

you keep them bad feelings up lenny!!
  • Options
    The fact they have drawn against Leeds when they should have won (missed a pen) and drawn with Huddersfield and beaten MK Dons so they are no pushovers.

Also on the negative side, if we do not win I reckon all the teams around us will, except obviously in Leeds Huddersfield game. 4 points is a nice lead over Norwich, 1 point is very precarious!
  • Options
    Come on guys, have a bit of faith.

One of my mates down here in Oggyland, brought up on a diet of "stop the other team playing at all costs" at Plymouth Argyle, saw us play Brizzle Rovers while he was working in London.

He said it was the most exciting match he'd seen live during the past couple of years, was really impressed with Charlton's quick passing and pacy wing play, saying everytime we attacked we looked likely to score.

He didn't say anything about our defending (!).

Even without Semedo, we've got a good passing, balanced, hard working side together that's on a run of good results. Belief will be high. Leave the side unchanged tomorrow with Waggy, except for Spring as the understudy proven in the role as the logical replacement for Semedo.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • Options
    Would be quite happy to see Daily booked tomorrow....he has to play against Millwall !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Would be quite happy to see Daily booked tomorrow....he has to play against Millwall

Yeah that's my concern as well .. we need him for that match.
  • Options
    We seem to like winning 2-0 so I'm going for that with Burton and Mooney scoring.
  • Options
    If we can win without semedo then it proves we are definitely in the promotion chase for the long run! Spring in for semedo 3-1 charlton....Burton hat-trick so he catches up with all the top goalscorers!
  • Options
    I'm so confident that we will win this that we are bound to lose!!
  • Options
    Think we will concede 2-1 to us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Think we will concede 2-1 to us

Uncle, out of interest, what's the relationship like between Southend and Hamsters fans? Total indifference or support as a 2nd team?
  • Options
    Great quote from Southend board.

Shrimper

Home win and Bailey to score at any time is probably the easiest money anyone will win in the history of football.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Think we will concede 2-1 to us

Uncle, out of interest, what's the relationship like between Southend and Hamsters fans? Total indifference or support as a 2nd team?
    Some go to southend if west ham aint playing and some go orient, I was never really one for southend but went orient a few times if they had a good match
  • Options
    A good number Southend's fans are Hammers in disguise. I think there are a lot that see SU on Fridays and WH on Sat. The other half really don't like them. A few years ago West Ham opened a shop in Southend - this gives an idea of the level of support they have in these parts. I know many Shrimpers who were disgusted at this "invasion" though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When southend played orient on a friday night in september it was like a west ham home game
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    3-1
    To score:
    Mooney
    Bailey
    Sam

Barnard

Spring in for Semedo
  • Options
    Last night I asked AQA (Any Qustions Answered text service) whether we'll win today and got the reply:

'Charlton will enjoy a comfortable win over Southend tomorrow. They'll win 2-0 and close the gap on Leeds, who will struggle to a draw with Huddersfield.'

The thorough nature of the response has filled me with confidence that AQA may well know everything and so this is my prediction for today. COYR.
  • Options
    I'm still getting over it being 17 years since that day. By no stretch of the imgination am I a sentimental sort but just thinking about it makes me well up (just a little bit though).

For some reason I feel supremely confident we're going to win comfortably today, Jose or no Jose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Would be quite happy to see Daily booked tomorrow....he has to play against Millwall !

Could do what Beckham did a few years ago and get a 'rash' booking :)

3-1 Charlton
  • Options
    If anyone could find a stream it would be much appreciated!I have a really good feeling about today,I think Huddersfield are going to turn over Leeds which in my eyes is a good result as i see Norwich, who are right up our backsides now, as more of a threat than Leeds.

Come On You Reds!
  • Options
    Can anyone remember the last time we had a pre-match poll with such a high % of us predicting a win? Blimey, we must have been on the advocaat early this year...