Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockport A

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
I didn't realise that they now groundshare Edgeley Park with Sale Sharks and their last 2 games have been called off due to the state of the pitch.

Apparently it's been that bad that Sale have refused to egg chase on it !

Comments

• Options
    The state of the pitch was mentioned on a thread yesterday. What you say about it adds a doubt that it might work in favour of the poorer team but I have no doubt our current attitude won`t mind mixing it a bit.
  • Options
    Evidently there is no grass...
  • Options
    Stamford Bridge Revisited ?
  • Options
    The last 2 Stockport games and a Rugby Union game have all beeen called off. Will be interesting to see if their rearranged cup tie goes ahead on Tuesday.
  • Options
    With rain forecast for the next 2 days up here I doubt it. Due to clear up for the weekend.
  • Options
    Pitch inspection at 10am tomorrow for the Fa Cup game at Stockport.
  • Options
    Yea hopefully it will be ok i diddnt realised they share with Sale sharks til today either.
  • Options
    Didn't realise Jim Melrose wanted to buy the club either
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    I have tickets to Man U vs Villa if this gets called off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I have tickets to Man U vs Everton if this gets called off.

good back up plan ...prawn sandwich eating whatever game you go to!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is a pitch inspection at 10am today for the Cup match, saw the pitch on local news last night, the middle strip looks green with the the rest completely brown and muddy.Rain forecast today then dry and cold for the rest of the week.
  • Options
    Who has tickets for this game? I've booked a hotel in Manchester so defiantly going, even if its just for the night out. If our game gets called off I guess I could see Macclesfield v Hereford. Anyone else got a better Plan B?
  • Options
    Stockports cup game off apparently.....doesn't bode well for saturday
  • Options
    Not looking great to be honest, the forecast may be dry for now until the game, but a) the pitch is obviously a mare at the mo, b) forecasts can and do go wrong c) considering how cold it is up here, one freezing night and all that sludge becomes slushy ice and the pitch is even more buggered
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stewart[/cite]Who has tickets for this game? I've booked a hotel in Manchester so defiantly going, even if its just for the night out. If our game gets called off I guess I could see Macclesfield v Hereford. Anyone else got a better Plan B?

Man U vs Villa for me. :-)
  • Options
    Call it off...................

What happened the last time we played "beach" football?.
  • Options
    Rain tonight up here in Lancaster supposedly and Friday
    Mrs keeps harking on bout tropical south, told her we'll go on a beach holiday to Blackheath when London's under water in a couple of years. Apparently south sinking as the north rises from under the weight of the ice age, add that to rising sea levels and all the water that's going to run down hill from up here could be bit damp round SE7.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: theeenorth[/cite] Apparently south sinking as the north rises from under the weight of the ice age, add that to rising sea levels and all the water that's going to run down hill from up here could be bit damp round SE7.

It's not running down to SE London, all your sodding Northern water has already turned up in sodden Cornwall.
    Thanks mate, splish splash.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps they could make a ground swop with Torquay permanent ; )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]A change of venue?
    Let's go back to Northwich!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]A change of venue?
    Let's go back to Northwich!

oh joy of joys
  • Options
    It's looking grim for Saturday . I've got my match ticket but not train due to the uncertainty because I have a family rail card and could buy on the day if necessary.

I just hope its called off well before Saturday and we're not on route. Macclesfield V Hereford dosn't appeal that much
  • Options
    Spoke to a nice lady at Stckport FC yesterday and she said if they get no rain between now and Saturday the game should be ok. The main problem is that the pitch could freeze over the next few nights as they are expecting a cold snap in the NW. I asked about pitch inspection and she said that it would be Saturday morning, normally around 11:00. I said that may be a bit late as most people would have left before that as its a 4.5 hour journey. She said that sometimes in a case like this eg pitch already suspect and distant fans travel the FA allow a pitch inspection on the Friday before. She did say try and ring the club on Friday afternoon for more info.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: gazzaddick[/cite]Spoke to a nice lady at Stckport FC yesterday and she said if they get no rain between now and Saturday the game should be ok. The main problem is that the pitch could freeze over the next few nights as they are expecting a cold snap in the NW. I asked about pitch inspection and she said that it would be Saturday morning, normally around 11:00. I said that may be a bit late as most people would have left before that as its a 4.5 hour journey. She said that sometimes in a case like this eg pitch already suspect and distant fans travel the FA allow a pitch inspection on the Friday before. She did say try and ring the club on Friday afternoon for more info.
    Cheers Gaz.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Charlton will be pushing for a Friday inspection
  • Options
    they would be absolutely mental not to do a prior inspection on Friday - mad I tell you!
  • Options
    "Northwich Victoria have confirmed that County have been in touch over a possible venue switch from Edgeley Park to the Victoria Stadium."

Our lucky ground !
  • Options
    There is no rain forecast now before the game, so I can't believe the pitch will be waterlogged.

Friday night the temperature is forecast to be zero, but even so it will have thawed by mid morning & surely would be ok by kick off as the max temp for Saturday is 6C.

I'm sure the game will go ahead.