Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockport A

2»

Comments

• Options
    not sure what forecast you've seen - bbc had a band of rain this evening covering all of manchester.
  • Options
    From the Stockport website:
    County are confident that Saturdays fixture against promotion-chasing Charlton Athletic go ahead as normal. However, as the only opportunity to re-turf the pitch will be between December 12 and 20, we have agreed to relocate our FA Cup tie against Torquay United to Macclesfield Town.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I have tickets to Man U vs Villa if this gets called off.

That sounds like torture prawn sandwich eating with the corprates and being told to sit down every 5 mins. God i luv prem football
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cholland[/cite]From the Stockport website:
    County are confident that Saturdays fixture against promotion-chasing Charlton Athletic go ahead as normal. However, as the only opportunity to re-turf the pitch will be between December 12 and 20, we have agreed to relocate our FA Cup tie against Torquay United to Macclesfield Town.

Is Macclesfield not the club in middlle of nowere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cholland[/cite]From the Stockport website:
    County are confident that Saturdays fixture against promotion-chasing Charlton Athletic go ahead as normal.

They forgot a 'will'
  • Options
    I'm hoping it gets called off as the pitch is in a dreadful state and needs returfing. Hopefully it'll be postponed till the new year as the last thing we need is a few players getting injured while playing on a bog, that would no doubt suit the opposition more.
  • Options
    yea true mart especially as they would be used to it.
  • Options
    don't fancy being 1 point ahead of Norwich going into Millwall at home though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]don't fancy being 1 point ahead of Norwich going into Millwall at home though.

I would never actually want a CAFC game to be called off home or away and your point is true it would just heap the pressure on us going into the biggest game of the season. As we all know Charlton are not great at dealing with pressure.
  • Options
    It could easily be 4 points with a game in hand though Mike. We need to worry about what we do and not about the fact that Norwich are having a decent run (that's all it is, a decent run).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rupert said "yea true mart especially as they would be used to it."

How will they be used to it, they haven't had a home game for weeks because of it.
  • Options
    They are on a terrible run, they have had fixtures cancelled so may well be rusty or lack match fitness so now is a great time to play them. Rather this an a midweek in Feb when they may have picked up and we're in a dodgy patch.

If it's not played then we have a game in hand and no one suspended for the Millwall game.

And 19th December is not the biggest game of the season for me. The one were we get promoted will be the big one. Leeds and Norwich both bigger. Big derby oh, yes but you still only get three points for beating them.
  • Options
    yes and no henry,this game is massive.