Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockport v Charlton (12/12/09) - Polls, Teams, Views (GAME DEFINATELY ON !)

WSSWSS
edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Will it or won’t it? This thread could sink quicker that the referee’s shoes when walking across the Edgeley Park pitch completing his pitch inspection but, for the time being, let’s us assume the game goes ahead.

The past few results have been great, we have stayed in touch with Leeds and pretty much pulled away from everyone else other than Norwich. We have broken our away day hoodoo at Brighton and the next step is to go on a run of wins on the road that will truly cement us in the top 2.

The pitch is going to be terrible, it’s not conducive to any of the ground passing, free flowing football - but does that matter? We have shown that we can battle when we need to, and most importantly grind out positive results. If we have any true aspirations of automatic promotion we need to be going to Stockport on a cold December afternoon with a crap pitch – and win.

I can’t forsee too many changes to the team although Waggy may make way for one of Racon/Shelvey. JVS will come back into the fold in the centre of the park – hopefully freeing up Bailey to maraud forward and grab a goal or two.

Very little news at the time of writing this on Kelly and Frazer’s injuries as well but I expect Parky not to take any risks with Millwall on the horizon.

Can Akpo play on Saturday?

It’s not going to be pleasant but I am confident of a 2-0 win, we have a certain steel about us this season that has been missing for the past couple of years.

Dailly, Llera, Youga and McLeod are all one misdemeanour away from missing the game against Millwall so will have to tread carefully (in more than one respect on that pitch!).

Games Of Relevance

Brentford v Leeds United
Bristol Rovers v Swindon
Huddersfield v Gillingham
Leyton Orient v MK Dons
Millwall v Walsall
Yeovil v Norwich

I’ll be up at Stockport as well as a few other couple of lifers who I’m sure will keep you updated in their own reverent way on Twitter, follow them here:

www.twitter.com/glennsoutham
www.twitter.com/sachazarb
www.twitter.com/cockney_john
www.twitter.com/CAFCofficial

Comments

• Options
    I think we should play Llera instead of Dailly. If it goes ahead there is going to be a lot of air play (with the ball not on cafctv) his height will be a big advantage plus his ''sweet'' left foot cross field balls.

Plus the fact i'd rather have Dailly for Millwall.
  • Options
    If the pitch is really that bad.

Elliot.
    Omo Dailly Sodje Youga
    Semedo Spring
    Tuna A Sodje Burton Mooney
  • Options
    it will get called off late , while i'm halfway up the M1, the mrs will have gone out with the kids and i will get carnted off for having wasted part of the day that i should have been spending with the family driving to nowhere...
    an exciting draw if the game takes place 0-0
  • Options
    not sure about 424! But would consider saving Youga and playing Basey (pace not likely to be an issue on those conditions).
    Elliot
    Omo Dailly Sodje Basey
    Sam Semedo Bailey Spring
    Burton Mooney
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]not sure about 424!

Disagree. All this namby pamby continental football has become too predictable. Lets get rid of the ball playing midfielders and hoof it to the 4 strikers up front. I reckon this is the game to try it.
  • Options
    Elliot
    Omo Llera Sodje Basey
    Sam Semedo Bailey Wagstaff
    Burton Mooney

Hard fought draw 1-1 on a difficult surface.
  • Options
    agree with JT, I'd be tempted to leave out Daily for Llera - would rather have Daily for the Millwall game and you just know he's gonna get booked....
  • Options
    that way you're doubling his suspension
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]having wasted part of the day that i should have been spending with the family driving to nowhere...

I'm sure your family will be relieved! ;-)
  • Options
    Here's a pic of the problem part of the pitch

http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard/msg/1260404652.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If its cancelled OohAah will spend his time on the M1 counting Charlton cars and shouting 'Team Coach!!!' all the way home. . . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]shouting 'Team Coach!!!' all the way home. . . .

that reminds me of the old days and the bluffing on the way home .... charlton used a two toned blue coach i think it also used to be used by england as well
  • Options
    Richardson, Youga and McLeod are doubtful according to the O/S.
  • Options
    The pitch will be a great leveller so we could even lose.

Even so we need to pick our strongest available team as 3 points are at stake just as with the Millwall game.
  • Options
    Semedo back and McKenzie coming in on the left.

3 - 0 but goals not coming till late on.

Omo from 30 yards, A. Sodje and S. Sodje on the score sheet

One Charlton player will get his 5th book so miss Millwall and Parky will be blamed for this
  • Options
    Charlton win.

-Elliot
    -Omozusi-Daiily-Sodje-Basey
    -Semedo-
    -Sam-Shelvey-Racon
    Burton/Mooney
  • Options
    really want the game to be on as only my second this season, apologies to the die-hards! im really looking forward to it but im thinking a score draw and very close game throughout.
  • Options
    Black Forest - where is Bailey may i ask?
  • Options
    Both guys who have named a team have left out Bailey :S
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    expect

Elliott
    Omozusi--Dailly--Sodje--Basey
    Sam--Semedo--Bailey--Waggstaff
    Burton--Mooney

Subs
    Randolph
    Llera
    Shelvey
    Racon
    Akpo
    McKenzie
    an.other

Won't IMO be Richardson or youga as they are both doubts this week though Big Kelly is due back for the Wall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot, Omozusi, Dailly, Sodje, Basey, Sam, Semedo, Bailey, Wagstaff, Burton, A.Sodje
    subs: Randolph, Llera, Youga, Shelvey, Racon, Mooney, Perkins
  • Options
    Very much doubt Youga... Trust me though I'll be happy to be proved wrong !
  • Options
    big win here for us........3-0 Charlton
  • Options
    Will go ahead and we will win 3-0nil, hopefully get a bit closer to leeds, or pull abit more clear of the chasing pack. im not fussed but we will win as long as it goes ahead :-)
  • Options
    Game will be called off. Panel Result away win.
  • Options
    Do you have "inside" info, Ketman or is this just your opinion ?

Out babysitting tonight & need to pack my bag for the morning if the match is likely to go ahead ...

Flask, blanket etc etc
  • Options
    Ketman knows nothing.

The game will be on...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ketman knows nothing.

The game will be on...

West Side is corret I have no insider info on this, it was just my own 'Prediction' for tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Black Forest - where is Bailey may i ask?

I'm resting him...

But you can expect him to play.
  • Options
    Precautionary pitch inspection at 9.30 in the morning.