Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite and worst closed pubs

2»

Comments

• Options
    For me the D&G. not a great pub but where I hanged out with me mates between the ages of 18 until it started to go (can't remember what year as we changed pubs). Me mate said that he has seen the old landlady a dew times and she is a bus driver now.. I got see Stan only twice out of all the years I had been there.. Lovely barmaids of the years. Shame it's gone
  • Options
    Another one bites the dust.
    The Royal George, Greenwich, to be converted into flats.
  • Options
    Is that in Royal Hill?
  • Options
    on the corner of greenwich south street and ???? street. near the fire station.
  • Options
    It is past Royal Hill going towards Greenwich South Street. The pub is next to the firestation at the junction with Greenwich South Street.
  • Options
    Helen (the Landlady) said that the pub was "turning the corner" but the Brewery called Time on it anyway.
    Another little Local Pub bites the dust.....
  • Options
    Don't miss the pub just the memories of The Apple and Pears off the Old Kent Road in the 60's. A great scene for a few years, anyone else remember it.
  • Options
    Re The Royal George

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/5043902.GREENWICH__Royal_George_joins_long_list_of_pub_closures/
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]The Farmers in Sevenoaks.

Six coaches left from there for the play off final - the landlord bought the family sunday lunches for a month because of the trade he did.

Knocked down three years ago - the site is still derilict. A tragic waste.[/quote]

Bit late but just spotted this post, My son and I were passengers on one of those six coaches.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Rose and Crown in Plumstead High Street, definitely a local place for local people.....

yep used to love it in there even if the last lanlord was palace.
    What era did you drink in there...?

Fat Cliff was the manager when I was there last, he was definitely a Charlton supporter, in fact he was best mates with Keith Peacock and used to get quite a few comp tickets...

That was a while ago...Cliff is my cousin and Charlton through and through. He's still alive and kicking living in Charlton Village. The sad thing is that he became so disillusioned with the football being played he hasn't been for about four years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Crystal Palace Tavern - absolute nut house. Oakster and Razil will concur, some legendary nights in there. Tanners Hill, Deptford if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    the dew drop inn in new cross and the goldsmiths tavern just up the road from there were ok for a late drink, think theyve shut down now though
  • Options
    Will the decline of the great british boozer ever stop ?
  • Options
    Best pubs to shut

Gatehouse Woolwich dockyard

Crown and Cushion next door to waterfront leisure
  • Options
    I still miss the Dive Bar- below the Kings Head in Chinatown.
    We used to do the 'dive bar shuffle' most weekends when I was back from uni in the late 80's.
    It was fantastic.
    Always filled with foreign young women too.

The Griffin next to Charing Cross station was another favourite to meet friends in. Then they had a refit and it became just another chrome and pine blandhole.

The Polly Cleanstairs in Bexleyheath surely can't be allowed to die.
    Anyone know if it's coming back?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Has anyone on here ever been in/or have any knowledge about...

The Thames in Norway Street
  • Options
    Not much bothered about the pub demise. Much prefer the continental cafe / bar culture.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Not much bothered about the pub demise. Much prefer the continental cafe / bar culture.

Hippy !
    ;-)