Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's the thickest/most intelligent player?

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Out of the current squad.

I reckon Christian Dailly is probably quite intelligent.

And I reckon that Izale McLeod is probably a bit of a dumb ass

Comments

• Options
    Youga is ment to be a bit clever i think?
    I reckon sam could be a bit of a plank!
  • Options
    id say baily least. although on the pitch he has aplenty
    most i wud say dailey aswell
  • Options
    never sam,reckon hes quite bright.
  • Options
    Dailly and burton most football intelligent.

Mcleod doesn't strike me as having a great deal going on between his ears
  • Options
    Mcleod is 100% the thickest...except when Dikso comes back from his loan. then they are equally as stupid is my guess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]id say baily least. although on the pitch he has aplenty

I really hope this is an ironic post.
  • Options
    That one made me laugh. I suspect it wasn't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lordromford[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]id say baily least. although on the pitch he has aplenty

Though I suspect his ability to string together a sentence with correct spelling and punctuation would leave johhnybev standing.
  • Options
    These sort of threads always make me laugh. We all know that many footballers aren't the brightest tickets - Sean Newton asking where Ancona was in Spain when we played them in the Anglo-Italian cup springs to mind, but most assumptions on these things are based on how a player comes across in a TV interview - not the best time to judge someone. Most players are well out of their comfort zone in those situations and nerves can do funny things to the brain. Having said all of that, my current number 1 thicko' would be Gabriel Agbonlahor - and yes that is based soley on how he comesacross in interviews!!!!
  • Options
    How are you measuring intelligence and what type?

Are you confusing education or maturity with intelligence.

Is it surprising that a 36 year ol like Dailly comes over better in interviews than a 21 year old.

Beckham and Rooney have both been labelled "thick" (well they have regional accents so they must be) but I'd have both in the Charlton team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How are you measuring intelligence and what type?

Are you confusing education or maturity with intelligence.

Is it surprising that a 36 year ol like Dailly comes over better in interviews than a 21 year old.

Beckham and Rooney have both been labelled "thick" (well they have regional accents so they must be) but I'd have both in the Charlton team.

Funnily enough, although clearly not rocket scientists, I actuall think Beckham and Rooney come across reasonably well in interviews.
  • Options
    Dowie was a rocket scientist, still a crap manager though...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: lordromford[/cite]

Though I suspect his ability to string together a sentence with correct spelling and punctuation would leave johhnybev standing.

i fink u could be right ;)
  • Options
    Youga reads books that's pretty impressive for a footballer. Even more impresssive is a lot are in french!!!! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Youga reads books that's pretty impressive for a footballer. Even more impresssive is a lot are in french!!!! :-)

Does reading books or speaking more than one language make you intelligent then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Youga reads books that's pretty impressive for a footballer. Even more impresssive is a lot are in french!!!! :-)

According to sources withinthe club he knows how to use a mobile phone and can text in 3 languages - English, French & RU1986........the man is a genius.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Does reading books or speaking more than one language make you intelligent then?

Sim.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]

Sim.

Molto bene mi amici
  • Options

For a footballer being able to tie yr own shoe laces is an indication of their level in the hierachy of intelligence
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wasn't Lisbie who said something like he had was looking forward to the match in spain when we were in the Anglo/Italian cup? I'm sure someone on here could dig out the actual quote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Wasn't Lisbie who said something like he had was looking forward to the match in spain when we were in the Anglo/Italian cup? I'm sure someone on here could dig out the actual quote.

I refer you to post 10 in this thread............
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Clem beat me to it, so post deleted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Wasn't Lisbie who said something like he had was looking forward to the match in spain when we were in the Anglo/Italian cup? I'm sure someone can dig the actual quote out.

See if a footballer said that they would be "thick". Says up the page that it was Newton. : - )

I think that some people get a bit jealous of these young, fit, skillful, well paid guys and feel that they need to be "better" than them in some way so label them "thick" or should that be "thicker then me".

They are employed for their footballing skills and for their ability to play and react to situations instantly during a game.That is a key form of intelligence and maybe more useful than saying which of four squiggles is the odd one out. Certainly it is for their profession.
  • Options
    Have any of you ever herd Bailey speak hes sounds like a girl but i dont think hes particually clever or stupid quiet funny to listen too though.
  • Options

"I read a book once"..................
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Have any of you ever herd Bailey speak hes sounds like a girl but i dont think hes particually clever or stupid quiet funny to listen too though.

People who live in glass houses....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

was it green? : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

was it green? : - )

It was green! .........Have you read it?
  • Options
    The thickest/most intelligent also who has no taste. Footballers are known for their lack of taste in all things material or is it that they have more money than the bitter jealous journalist?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Wasn't Lisbie who said something like he had was looking forward to the match in spain when we were in the Anglo/Italian cup? I'm sure someone can dig the actual quote out.

See if a footballer said that they would be "thick". Says up the page that it was Newton. : - )

I think that some people get a bit jealous of these young, fit, skillful, well paid guys and feel that they need to be "better" than them in some way so label them "thick" or should that be "thicker then me".

They are employed for their footballing skills and for their ability to play and react to situations instantly during a game.That is a key form of intelligence and maybe more useful than saying which of four squiggles is the odd one out. Certainly it is for their profession.

Amen. This thread stinks of people trying to big up themselves by putting others down.