Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's the thickest/most intelligent player?

13»

Comments

• Options
    i do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]like to see you say that to frank brunos face!! thats a joke henry

Yeah, but Frank knows it's true.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]like to see you say that to frank brunos face!! thats a joke henry

Really? Why not? It's all a bit of fun isn't it so I'm sure if I told him he see the funny side of it, why shouldn't he? Telling people you've never met before that they are "thick" is OK isn't it?
  • Options
    you no what henry your right,he would see the funny side.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Of course it is Henry. Glad we're all agreed.

Now then. Having met most of the team, who would you say has got the lowest wattage in his bulb?

Edit: Clearly taking into account upbringing, education, financial stability, socio-economic grouping, the newspaper they read, etc and not discriminating on the grounds of race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, favourite colour or whether they are right or left handed - although I find that that last one does normally make all of the difference.
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella is the thickest, no doubt about it. Thick as three short planks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Mark Kinsella is the thickest, no doubt about it. Thick as three short planks.

That's the ticket Henry - although I notice there was no smiley on that post so you clearly MEAN it!
    :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Mark Kinsella is the thickest, no doubt about it. Thick as three short planks.

That's the ticket Henry - although I notice there was no smiley on that post so you clearly MEAN it!
    :o)

totally. I know he's meant to be a Charlton hero and this might shock some people but he really is stupid. He makes Nolly look bright he's so dim.

Good footballer though
  • Options
    nice one henry!
  • Options
    I am sometimes embarrassed by the contrast between the articulacy, depth and range of vocabulary shown by some foreign players compared to the monosyllabic, cliche ridden tripe spoken in their home tongue by some English players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Garry Nelson - could barely string a sentence together. I bet he never, ever a read a book. Not even a green one.

"winky thing"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]I am sometimes embarrassed by the contrast between the articulacy, depth and range of vocabulary shown by some foreign players compared to the monosyllabic, cliche ridden tripe spoken in their home tongue by some English players.

Indeed.

Footballer in book reading shock.

BTW I have met Frank Bruno, and he's as thick as you like....but still a bloody nice bloke ;-)
  • Options
    I know he doesn't play for us but I read that someone once asked jason macateer if he'd like his pizza cut into four or eight slices.

I think that quote was originally attributed to Yoggi Berra - catcher for the Yankess in the late 50s/early 60s and the inspiration for the cartoon character Yogi Bear.

As for the most intelligent/thickest. I'll nominate Burton and McLeod. Burton because of the passes he makes, the lines he runs when attacking and ability to pass the ball well, McLeod for several reasons but the first that springs to mind is his getting booked four times this season and on every occasion for taking his shirt off to celebrate a goal.
  • Options
    Someone's spoiling for a fight today. I wonder what the real reason is ?
  • Options
    CommentAuthorthai malaysia addickCommentTime3 hours ago quote# 38
    I wonder if the Charlton players had a vote for who is the most intelligent Charlton Life contributor and who is the thickest.

They do
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]CommentAuthorthai malaysia addickCommentTime3 hours ago quote# 38
    I wonder if the Charlton players had a vote for who is the most intelligent Charlton Life contributor and who is the thickest.

They do

Ive seen the voting slips, cant believe your own nephew put you down for that.....

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]CommentAuthorthai malaysia addickCommentTime3 hours ago quote# 38

They do

Ive seen the voting slips, cant believe your own nephew put you down for that.....

;-)

I know i gave him a slap today for it ;-)
  • Options
    Darren Pitcher for comparing Charlton to his Mickey Mouse tie one year. Good work fella.

I actually have a Kinsellaactuallyisthick story but unfortunately could never be told to this HIGHLY SENSITIVE family audience :o)))
  • Options
    I have heard McLeod interviewed on the OS and he sounds quite bright, I certainly would not describe him as being "thick".

I know this is a bit of fun but it is quite hard to tell if people are bright or thick unless you actually know them.

God knows I bloody hated Dubya but I know two people through work who actually know him personally (and whose opinions I trust) and they say he is nothing like his public image and is reasonalby bright and in their words "a really nice guy."
  • Options
    had Ready Steady Teddy as our guest at a sports lunch on Friday and to say he was a bit thick is an understatement - was a total embarrassment...

even more so compared to his fellow guests - the eloquent Martin Brundle and Barry McGuigan, who spent most of his career getting whacked on the head!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick [/cite]God knows I bloody hated Dubya but I know two people through work who actually know him personally (and whose opinions I trust) and they say he is nothing like his public image and is reasonalby bright and in their words "a really nice guy."

I agree with you there Ormiston. I don't suppose I ever agreed with a thing he did as president, but that doesn't make him stupid. It used to make me laugh when people had a pop at him for being thick and I'd be sitting there thinking "but you're not as bright as you'd like to think fella". The classic one they used to use was that film of him reading to the kids on being told the twin towers had been knocked down. But who on this Earth would have done exactly the right thing in those circumstances? It was a shame really because there was lots of stuff that was legitamately up for grabs, but people would rather laugh at the fact he sometimes chose the wrong word or got a bit tongue tied. I hate that cheapening of politics.