Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which band would you like to have been in?

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
Assuming you could play an instrument, or even sing, which group, band, pop combo, orchestra etc, past or present would you like to have been in, and why? Personally I think the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band would have been fun and I could have got away with playing the kitchen sink or the Hoover and of course the Thermos flask!

Comments

• Iron Maiden - It's how I learnt how to play the bass guitar.
  • Zoot Money and his Big Roll Band. Best live band I ever saw. An absolute riot.
  • The Clash.
    Or the Ramones except that would most likely mean an early grave.
  • No contest - in the E Street Band backing The Boss.
  • The Nolans.

I am, after all, in the mood for dancing.
  • The Beatles. Of course.
  • edited December 2009
    The Stone Roses might have been fun in the 88-90 period.
    So, I'd have finished with the Clash and then pitched up in Manchester to get 'on one' with the Roses.
    It's all too easy.
  • The Band or The Faces
  • Most of the supergroups of the 60's and 70's would have been a blast and probably an early death.

Stones, The Who, Led Zep would all have meant to much drink, drugs and women!

Later on The Clash - purely for the energy

Happy Mondays - would you remember any of it!
  • take that or east 17
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2009
    The Stones, after 5 decades Ronnie still gets young blondes.
  • The Jam or The Stone Roses
  • The Who, Bad Company,Steeleye Span ( Cause for some reason I have always fancied Maddy Prior), Blondie (same reason)!
  • Girls Aloud, puely for research purposes you understand. ;)
  • Metallica, always wanted to be James Hetfield...
  • Spinal Tap.... "As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the rock & roll"
  • [cite]Posted By: cambs_addick[/cite]Spinal Tap.... "As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the rock & roll"

LOL - just as long as you weren't the drummer!
  • hope this thread keeps light hearted!!
  • I'd like to have been in the Beach Boys in '66 just to make sure Brian was able to finish and release Smile when he meant to.
  • Early Pink Floyd...and I would have looked after Syd.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]hope this thread keeps light hearted!!

Never heard of them. Any good?
  • when there allowed to play.
  • [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Early Pink Floyd...and I would have looked after Syd.

That's a lovely thought Wolfboy, but I think maybe a lost cause.

"Inside I feel alone and unreal"
    RIP Syd
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Girls Aloud, puely for research purposes you understand. ;)
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]hope this thread keeps light hearted!!

Sorry Nolly, I'm Bloody serious ;)
  • The drummer supporting Chas and Dave.
  • Given that The Beatles is just a pipe dream totally beyond this universe....I would have to say Pink Floyd....or maybe Steely Dan.....and Roxy Music would have been a blast too.
  • One of the SKA groups of the 80's. ideally the Specials.
  • Jimi Hendrix experience: Supporting the greatest musician of the 20th century, and the woman and drugs would have been alright.

Led Zep: Woman,Money,Drugs..... and not a bad bunch of musicians. and if only 10 percent of the stories are true about them quite a ride.

Rory Gallagher: To support one of the greatest blues players of recent times, and to play with one of my schoolmates.

Anybody who say's that I am living in the past...... is correct
  • The Crickets
  • The Stone Roses.