Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sat -4c is forecast.

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
According to Metcheck and snow on Friday.
Sat will feel like -9c in the wind!!

Comments

• Options
    Spanners fans will get rather cold hanging around outside without tickets ... oh, I forgot, they are hard so no problem.
  • Options
    surely they'd stick out like sore thumbs dressed in t shirts anyway
  • Options
    NOT as hard as the ones who have been boring anyone unfortunate enough to be within earshot that they have blagged themselves a ticket in the home stand !
  • Options
    Time to crack out the big coat for this then. Bbbrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    Bring out the snow, orange ball and Kim Grant!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Bring out the snow, orange ball and Kim Grant!

Charlton v Millwall.

In the Snow.

All sounding good to me.
  • Options
    Can we protect the pitch from frost in our impoverished state or is there a danger of postponement?
  • Options
    any chance of it being called off for a frozan pitch?
  • Options
    "Brrr! ...... is that 0-4 now? This is hopeless ... fancy a gazelle?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big pussies!
  • Options
    LOL!

Edmonton has established a record it would probably rather forget.

The Alberta capital recorded the lowest temperature in North America overnight Saturday — and set a record as the lowest temperature on a Dec. 13 in the city's history — as the current deep freeze established records across the province.

"Edmonton International Airport was the coldest place in Canada," Peter Spyker, a meteorologist with Environment Canada, said Sunday. "It was -46.1 [Celsius] without the wind chill. I believe at one point it got to -58 with the wind chill."
  • Options
    bloody hell !! and we moan once our snow drifts reach two inches.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]LOL!

The Alberta capital recorded the lowest temperature in North America overnight Saturday — and set a record as the lowest temperature on a Dec. 13 in the city's history — as the current deep freeze established records across the province.

"Edmonton International Airport was the coldest place in Canada," Peter Spyker, a meteorologist with Environment Canada, said Sunday. "It was -46.1 [Celsius] without the wind chill. I believe at one point it got to -58 with the wind chill."

Must be the effect of man made global warming.

Sorry :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]"It was -46.1 [Celsius] without the wind chill. I believe at one point it got to -58 with the wind chill."

I've played in worse.
  • Options

F*cking hell and i thought it was cold here this morning and it's about 50-60 degrees hotter!! And don't tell me, i bet the country still carried on as normal, roads were ok and trains ran on time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]any chance of it being called off for a frozan pitch?

Lots of chance of this i would say might be another Cardiff affair. That would really dissapoint me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]any chance of it being called off for a frozan pitch?

Lots of chance of this i would say might be another Cardiff affair. That would really dissapoint me.

Me too as like this Millwall match it was one of the few I came home to see.
  • Options

That's a bit parky Oakster, hope you remembered your mum's advice about wearing a vest and not putting your coar on 'till your just about to go outside - "you won't feel the benefit otherwise..."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]"It was -46.1 [Celsius] without the wind chill. I believe at one point it got to -58 with the wind chill."

I've played in worse.

I've skied in worse. Check out my account picture. That was in Breckenridge in January 1997 where the wind chill on the mountain was -60. I only did one run that day before my dick froze solid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I only did one run that day before my dick froze solid

Is that what you call ....... frozen stiff?

COAT!
  • Options
    So should I leave my thongs, shorts and T shirt behind then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]So should I leave my thongs, shorts and T shirt behind then?
    no you'd be cold without them
  • Options
    as long as you wear them over your thermals you'd be alright
  • Options
    It won't be called off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It won't be called off.

I believe you, because your Dad knows he'd have me to deal with otherwise ;-)
  • Options

it might be if the referee inspects the pitch on Saturday morning and decides it's frozen!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]

it might be if the referee inspects the pitch on Saturday morning and decides it's frozen!!

Was probably covered straight after last nights game, so won't be frozen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Does anyone know if this is the case. Must say that I'm getting a bit worried. I flew home once last season only for the match to be called off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Does anyone know if this is the case. Must say that I'm getting a bit worried. I flew home once last season only for the match to be called off.

Here's Proof.....Well Today Anyway