Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sat -4c is forecast.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aaaaaaah, a big black plastic bin liner - that should do the trick
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Aaaaaaah, a big black plastic bin liner - that should do the trick
    They work when you put them on your windscreen. You'll be fine Jimmy
  • Options
    Addicks staff were busy on Tuesday afternoon ensuring that the Valley pitch was protected from this week's predicted freezing temperatures.

Charlton groundstaff - and a number of willing helpers - toiled to lay frost covers over the surface as a precautionary measure.

Temperatures below freezing were forecast on Tuesday night and later this week, but Saturday's match against Millwall is not in danger.

"This is purely precautionary,” said Charlton operations director Ketman's Dad, Rick, who can be seen directing staff alongside Valley groundsman in the footage now available on CAFC Player.

"It seems the temperatures are going to plummet this week, with the forecast going as low as minus two or three at some stages, so it's better safe than sorry.

"The key thing is to prevent frost getting into the pitch, because it's not going to warm up too much during the daytime, either, so that's why we've laid the frost covers."
  • Options
    Im sure the pitch will be perfect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    "This is purely precautionary,” said Charlton operations director Ketman's Dad, Rick, who can be seen directing staff alongside Valley groundsman in the footage now available on CAFC Player.

You'll be in trouble here, Westy ......Ketman's Dad is Mick, not Mr Airman Brown, lol

;o)
  • Options
    Whooosh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]LOL!

Edmonton has established a record it would probably rather forget.

The Alberta capital recorded the lowest temperature in North America overnight Saturday — and set a record as the lowest temperature on a Dec. 13 in the city's history — as the current deep freeze established records across the province.

"Edmonton International Airport was the coldest place in Canada," Peter Spyker, a meteorologist with Environment Canada, said Sunday. "It was -46.1 [Celsius] without the wind chill. I believe at one point it got to -58 with the wind chill."

I lived in edmonton a couple of years back and experienced their winter, the coldest i remember was -36, everyone still carries on the same, trains still run as do the buses and you drive in the snow with no chains on. So when we grind to a halt with a couple of inches of snow it does make me laugh
  • Options
    how we aren't geared up for the 2 days of the years that it might snow is beyond me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]how we aren't geared up for the 2 days of the years that it might snow is beyond me

this is england when have we ever been geared up and been able to deal with snow. Surely you know by now that the whole contry stops whenever we get a tiny bit of snow its pathetic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]how we aren't geared up for the 2 days of the years that it might snow is beyond me

this is england when have we ever been geared up and been able to deal with snow. Surely you know by now that the whole contry stops whenever we get a tiny bit of snow its pathetic.

You do make me smile Ru.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paddy Powell was defrosting his car as I walked to the station this morning - though he'd decided to leave the engine running & go back in the house....

There's always the temptation to nick someone's car when they do that (not that I ever have!)
  • Options
    I try Bournemouth i try my friend.

F-Blocker thats like that lady that got killed last year by a guy nicking her car when she was defrosting it. She was dragged for something like 60 metres up the road not nice.
  • Options
    shurely if it snows and snows there's got to be a chance it gets called off!!

guess who can't go Saturday and is desperately hoping for a postponement...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]F-Blocker thats like that lady that got killed last year by a guy nicking her car when she was defrosting it. She was dragged for something like 60 metres up the road not nice.
    Ok, now I feel bad!
    Have you never walked past a car that's been left with it's engine running and thought "I'll teach them a lesson..."?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]F-Blocker thats like that lady that got killed last year by a guy nicking her car when she was defrosting it. She was dragged for something like 60 metres up the road not nice.
    Ok, now I feel bad!
    Have you never walked past a car that's been left with it's engine running and thought "I'll teach them a lesson..."?

Haha yea true i would never do it cause i dont steal but yea of course i have. I wasnt trying to make you feel bad mate i was just saying :-)
  • Options
    Perfect shall be all onioned up with an added lil bubble of alchol to keep me warm. Can't wait. We'll have to sing and bounce around more to keep warm when we're banging the goals in. 4-0 COYR!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Perfect shall be all onioned up with an added lil bubble of alchol to keep me warm. Can't wait. We'll have to sing and bounce around more to keep warm when we're banging the goals in. 4-0 COYR!

Hmm...now thinking about a hip flask ;o)