Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday's Headlines Today

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Chizz has already alluded to a good one, here's another

SNOW ANGEL IS ICE BREAKER
A controversial late goal from Miguel Angel Llera finally broke the deadlock at a bitterly cold Valley. With manager Phil Parkinson suffering at home with flu, it was left to assistant manager Tim Breaker to take charge - but he claims he didn't see Llera rub a snowball in Forde's face whilst nodding home the 89th minute winner.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    SNOW JACKET REQUIRED
    Losing 4-0 at half time, Kenny Jacket desperately needed the game abandoned - the arrival of a blizzard 5 minutes into the second half meant the referee had to do just that.
  • Options
    VALLEY VISIT A WRENCH FOR THE SPANNERS

A workmanlike performance from Charlton unscrewed the unadaptable spanners
  • Options
    It's Parky out there

At a freezing Valley, Phil Parkinson saw his team take over at the top of the table with a comprehensive 4-0 victory over local rivals Millwall.
  • Options
    South London snowy clash ends in White Riot.
  • Options
    Millwall left feeling Parky as Charlton top the tree at Christmas

Charlton were 5 lords a leaping over Leeds to go top of league one but Millwall left their cup final feeling cold and blue after this Christmas card scene local Derby.

With snow laying all around crisp and even, twin strikes from both Burton and Mooney plus a late Sam Sodje header meant that Charlton had that warm glow inside while Millwall's players could only look forward to a Christmas roasting from Kenny "time to get my" Jacket.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    WISPA IT QUIETLY, BUT CHARLTON ARE AHEAD IN THE MARATHON THANKS TO LION’S BAR

Charlton went to the top of the league with just over half a season to go thanks to a bizarre own goal from the Millwall keeper. A trademark Elliot clearance came back off the Millwall upright, hit the goalkeeper on the back of the head and went in to give the Addicks a deserved 3 points.
  • Options
    HAPPY PISSEDMASS

Drunken Millwall fans rioted at the Valley yesterday in scenes not seen since they last played an away game in London. Having gone 3-nil down by half time c400 Millwall hooligans invaded the pitch goading the Charlton fans. Order was not restored for half an hour and a spokeman for Millwall Football Club said "we were provoked"
  • Options
    LION CHEATING BASTARDS SUCCUMB TO AN HONEST NICK

Nicky Bailey proved the star of the show as his brace overcome sustained cynical play from Charlton's near South London rivals. Bailey was the victim of a vicious thumb and finger tickle in the 28th minute, that led to the opening penalty and 12 minutes of additional time at the end of the 1st half.

A similar pattern emerged in the second half, as Bailey, clearly targeted as the star of the show, suffered a chinese burn of such severity, play was halted for 3 hours while a skin graft was undertaken on the pitch. Shaking off the incident, Bailey eventually picked himself up before smashing the 30-yard free kick into the top corner.
  • Options
    Crime levels fell significantly in Bermondsey for a couple of hours on Saturday as all those Spanner fans with tickets in the home areas watched helplessly as the Addicks sailed to the top of the league with an emphatic win over the Lyings....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    GOLD, FRANK INCENSED, MIRTH
    New Charlton owner David Gold was a happy man at the Valley yesterday, but he brought along his old mate Frank Lampard who was furious at the obscene personal abuse he received from the Millwall supporters.

However, the match ended in comic style with an Alan Dunne own goal - David Forde slipped in the snow, and watched helplessly as an injury-time backpass rolled slowly over the line for Charlton's third goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CHARLTON FALL TO SPANNER IN THE WORKS

Charlton fell victim to severe gamesmanship at The Valley as it emerged referee Mr A.R.D. Mann is infact a lifelong Millwall supporter.

Doubts emerged at 4,02pm, with the first half 62 minutes old and the referee on numerous occassions looking confused and motioning big hand / little hand signs with his arms. Further suspicions were raised in the 2nd half, when a succession of Charlton players were booked. Instead of writing names with a pencil, he adopted mulit-coloured bingo-style dobber pens and sent lloyd Sam off for two orange dobs, when infact one was a red dob (Burton).
  • Options
    Please Take Your Seats

Millwall fans disgraced themselves again with a barrage of seats thrown at Police following their 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Charlton. Not quite what the PA Announcer at The Valley would have meant when appealing for calm.
  • Options
    SE7 in PA Heaven

Much hilarity was found at The Valley when regular PA announcer Dave Blockwood was substituted 10 minutes before kick off. Charlton manager Phil Parkinson had spoke at length before the game about turning Charlton's ground into an intimidating fortress, but it resembled more a West End gay club as replacement Dale Winton emerged from the tunnel to yell:

Q9EKZg_Bring_on_the_wall.jpg.
  • Options
    LOL. Very good Smudge
  • Options
    Lol, nice one AFKA
  • Options
    Should have that Dale Winton pic on a poster outside the Jimmy Seed Stand lol
  • Options
    Community Trust Receives Funding Boost

CACT was able to trigger another £20k of EU funding for its adult literacy programme when an extra 3,000 potential learners visited the Valley for an awareness day.

"We had plenty of advisors on hand to help applicants with filling in the forms and spelling their names" said a CACT spokesperson "and we got a fantastic response".

Many applicants said that this was much easier way of accessing these courses than normal. One typical applicant said "The courses in Belmarsh were good but I was just about to find out who the dish ran away with when my three year sentence was up. I guess I'll never know now".
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ROBBIE SAYS TAKE THAT AS MILLWALL GO FOR A BURTON

Lifelong Charlton fan Robbie Elliott saved a last gasp penalty in front of the Millwall fans at a chilly Valley yesterday as Charlton sealed all three points thanks to a first half brace from in form Deon Burton. As the final whistle blew a seat was thrown at Elliott but he responded by placing it in the six yard box, sitting on it and waving goodbye to the Millwall 'fans'.
  • Options
    JIMMY ABDOU ATE MY HAMSTER

Charlton manager was furious after the game after it emerged Millwall midfielder Jimmy Abdou bit a chunk out of the right ear of former West Ham star Christian Dailly.
  • Options
    BAILEY'S SWEET BUT WHITBREAD'S BITTER

a last minute penalty gave charlton a 1-0 victory in this eagerly awaited fixture.
    The goal came when millwall defender, Zak Whitbread seemed to brush Nicky Bailey in the penalty area infront of the covered end. Deon Burton converted from the spot.
    After the match, Bailey, showed the gathering press his scars and insisted that they were the result of the tackle and not, as suggested by Whitbread, the result of the ginger haired charlton captain rolling out of the ground and through the hedge by the burger van in harvey gardens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Five Gold Rings

with charlton cruising to a 5-0 victory over third rate rivals,charlton look all set for promotion and richard murray admitted that david gold called at the final whistle and wants to iron out a deal now for the champions elect!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited December 2009
    RU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT

Which so much focus on Charlton's South London neighbours causing havoc on Saturday, it was a huge surprise to Police controlling the Jimmy Seed to find out that a young male Charlton ''fan''' and his 1986 mates were in posession of away tickets.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    To all you Charlton Mugs (To be found on every Millwall website)

Don't care about the result, so we lost, so what. We killed your pets and poisoned your water supplies. We loosened the bolts on the West Stand and ran a girl guide pack that were asking for it at London Bridge Station. Mugs the lot of them

We mobbed up outside the Lib club and called it on but you all hid inside. Not a whisper from your top boys. Mugs

We are so hard that we don't care about you or that we lost 3 - 0, you mugs

PS I couldn't get a ticket and was just going to come down and smash the ******** gate down but it was cold and my mum needed a hand with the Xmas shopping. Anyone got any stories about how hard we were that I can tell at School and pretend it was me?
  • Options
    is that in the wrong thread Henry ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]is that in the wrong thread Henry ??

No
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SEX CHANGE POPE IN MERCY DASH TO PALACE
    Cheltenham Athletic beat local Kent rivals Millwall Cubitt Town 1-0 at Selhurst Road yesterday. New boy Sam Lloyd powered in a late near post header from a Jonjo Bailey corner to beat Town keeper all ends up as it crept in the at the far stick at the end of the half.
    BBC Correspondent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]To all you Charlton Mugs(To be found on every Millwall website)

Don't care about the result, so we lost, so what. We killed your pets and poisoned your water supplies. We loosened the bolts on the West Stand and ran a girl guide pack that were asking for it at London Bridge Station. Mugs the lot of them

We mobbed up outside the Lib club and called it on but you all hid inside. Not a whisper from your top boys. Mugs

We are so hard that we don't care about you or that we lost 3 - 0, you mugs

PS I couldn't get a ticket and was just going to come down and smash the ******** gate down but it was cold and my mum needed a hand with the Xmas shopping. Anyone got any stories about how hard we were that I can tell at School and pretend it was me?
    When second username posts go wrong........
  • Options
    supercalifragilistic-millwall are atrocious

Charlton romped to a 5-0 win over near London rivals Millwall in a rain soaked Valley on Saturday. As the Lion's fans invaded the pitch, Parky and the Charlton squad escaped using the power of flight provided by BDL's umbrella.
  • Options
    Henry, its almost like you have a time machine and have seen the Wall boards next week already !

The Millwall till I grow another brain cell site

The lying bores site

They will be rife with 40 year old bloated Phil Mitchell lookalikes claiming they trashed the phone box at the top of Floyd Road..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Henry, its almost like you have a time machine and have seen the Wall boards next week already !

The Millwall till I grow another brain cell site

The lying bores site

They will be rife with 40 year old bloated Phil Mitchell lookalikes claiming they trashed the phone box at the top of Floyd Road..........

glad someone got it. Obviously went over certain heads ; - )