Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Faviourite charlton manager

13»

Comments

• Options
    Curbs for me...
    but can we find this thread in 20 years time after two promotions, 3 premiership titles, four FA cups, five league cups, two champions leagues and the supercup and I may well change my mind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] plenty wanted Curbs to stay even if, IMHO, for him personally a break was what he needed.

Some thought the Championship would be more fun on the assumption that we'd get out of it PDQ.

And some, not all, thought Parkinson should have been sacked a few weeks ago.

I would agree with the assessment that Curbs needed a break, and given the general atmosphere at the time, it was a good time to walk out the front door with his head held high.

I think Parkinson should have been sacked after his winless spell as caretaker, and certainly following relegation.
    But not a couple of weeks ago. Finances dictated that we were going to sink or swim with him this season, and we are swimming (albeit in a shallow League 1 pond).
    Our league position is good, but he still needs to produce a promotion, and seems on track to accomplish that.
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Curbs for me...
    but can we find this thread in 20 years time after two promotions, 3 premiership titles, four FA cups, five league cups, two champions leagues and the supercup and I may well change my mind.

I agree with CreepyAddick - or is that CreepyHenry ;-)~ - that this will be an interesting thread to revisit in 20 years. Heck, maybe in five years.
    Here's hoping ...
  • Options
    Les Gore had a 66% win ratio.
  • Options
    mistrollingin

Theo Foley, anyone who signs players like Derek Hales, Paddy Powell and Mike Flanagan all for next to nothing.................................................I rest my case.

I agree and don't forget Arthur Horsfield
  • Options
    And Dickie Plumb and Cyril Davies.
  • Options
    Fav Charlton Manager: Lennie
    Fav Charlton Bank Manager: Mr Buck