Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

River Bar

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
anyone herd of this place ? in Greenwich somewhere.

Comments

• Options
    it was mentioned in a previous thread
  • Options
    It is strange you should post this today because only this morning I was running past this place, as I do 3 or 4 times a week, and for the first time in the last two years it was not boarded up and there was no eveidence of any further fitting work going on. I took the opportunity to have a close look inside and it seems ready for business. It is arranged over two floors with floor to ceiling windows facing the river. I found this Link. I don't know if it is open yet.

If you walk down to where the Gipsy Moth use to be in dry dock it is about 200 yards up the river towards Deptford.
  • Options
    It certainly is very much open....within the last coule of weeks or so.
  • Options
    Shame they spelt Greenwich "Grenwhich" in the title bar
  • Options
    But do they have a juke box with a selection of Elvis hits as well as Mull of Kintyre on it ?
  • Options
    I went there tonight but was told, by someone who was cleaning the floors, it was not open for business for at least another two weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I went there tonight but was told, by someone who was cleaning the floors, it was not open for business for at least another two weeks.

Definitley open just not serving food at the moment so dont know what the bloke cleaning the floors was on about.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Try again...............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I went there tonight but was told, by someone who was cleaning the floors, it was not open for business for at least another two weeks.

What on earth are you on about mate??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Mate....you seem bit tetchy about this. Do you own shares in the place?

I went there yesterday between 3 and 4 pm looking to book a table for this week end. The door was open but it was completely empty. I heard someone upstairs so I went up and a woman cleaning the floor asked if she could help me. I asked if I could get a menu and book a table for this week end. She said that they were not open for another two weeks. Based on what people on here are saying I now suspect she meant that the restaurant would not be open for another two weeks. If the bar is open it must only open in the evening because it was most definitely not open when I was there. Or maybe it was just that day it was not opening until late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So who owns the bar?

Hopefully someone other than the Inc group who are trying to take over Greenwich with their bland overpriced crud.
  • Options
    Perhaps someone could phone them ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Mate....you seem bit tetchy about this. Do you own shares in the place?

I went there yesterday between 3 and 4 pm looking to book a table for this week end. The door was open but it was completely empty. I heard someone upstairs so I went up and a woman cleaning the floor asked if she could help me. I asked if I could get a menu and book a table for this week end. She said that they were not open for another two weeks. Based on what people on here are saying I now suspect she meant that the restaurant would not be open for another two weeks. If the bar is open it must only open in the evening because it was most definitely not open when I was there. Or maybe it was just that day it was not opening until late.

Yes Red, she meant the restaurant is not open yet...the bar is....LOL....phew we got there in the end!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]So who owns the bar?

Hopefully someone other than the Inc group who are trying to take over Greenwich with their bland overpriced crud.

Apparently it is owned by a new start up venture.

There are some nice photos on its facebook entry.

Facebook
  • Options
    This place looks really smart, but not sure it's a football "pub" if you know what I mean. Will check it out on Saturday though, would be good to have a few more charlton places about.

Good luck to the lads who are starting it.
  • Options
    Just spoken to them and the bar is open from 12Noon on Saturday but restaurant is still closed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]This place looks really smart, but not sure it's a football "pub" if you know what I mean. Will check it out on Saturday though, would be good to have a few more charlton places about.

Good luck to the lads who are starting it.

Evidently it's got 4 or 5 large screens...so I guess it is...or could be.....not sure what the long term plan is to be honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Apparently it is owned by a new start up venture.

Facebook

became friends with the place last night. Looks great, Greenwich needs a decent smart bar.
  • Options
    Any real ale?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Apparently it is owned by a new start up venture.

Facebook

became friends with the place last night. Looks great, Greenwich needs a decent smart bar.

You became friends with a bar?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Any real ale?

I doubt it from the look of the place.

Good luck with the venture but it looks like a kids bar with ice cold tasteless lager to me.

Not my scene but to each, his own.
  • Options
    Mate of mine owns it. Purely a start up venture and off his own back as far as i know and certainly not part of a group/plc.

Restaurant/ food not available yet but bar is open.

See the other thread i posted about the discounts he's offering for addicks on match days.
  • Options
    Looks like an £8 a pint jobby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Looks like an £8 a pint jobby.

Its a bar not an archetypal football pub but hes charging £2 a pint on matchdays for charlton suppporters between 12-6 starting saturday he's told me and thats why he asked me to post up the thread i did in members only. Not sure what prices will be outside those times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Looks like an £8 a pint jobby.

Its a bar not an archetypal football pub but hes charging £2 a pint on matchdays for charlton suppporters between 12-6 starting saturday he's told me and thats why he asked me to post up the thread i did in members only. Not sure what prices will be outside those times.

Can't argue with that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Any real ale?

I doubt it from the look of the place.

Good luck with the venture but it looks like a kids bar with ice cold tasteless lager to me.

Not my scene but to each, his own.

Vaguely knowing the people who own it it probably will turn into that sort of place. Because of the location i think they want to try and attract touristy types and students but can only see it being frequented by under 25s who go to Red Velvet do's.
    Can't argue with £2 a pint though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]

Facebook

You became friends with a bar?

I'm friends with lots of bars but the river bar has its own profile as well as a group page.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Nice one, I'll see if i can drag a few down so might see you in there!

Good stuff mate, hopefully see you in there.

Adam
  • Options
    Did anyone go then ? What was it like ?
  • Options
    Went there for 12 and it was shut unfortunately.