Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

River Bar

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I went there tonight but was told, by someone who was cleaning the floors, it was not open for business for at least another two weeks.

Definitley open just not serving food at the moment so dont know what the bloke cleaning the floors was on about.

Rodney ?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    'rodney you dipstick , dont be a plonker all your life'
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Was in there Saturday, arrived sometime before one, decent enough location, smart decor and an interesting range on draught for a "modern bar" type place... needs to get a bit more publicity to make a good go for the daytime market though
  • Options
    But do they serve Real ale?
  • Options
    Or Erdinger?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    Apparently it is owned by a new start up venture.

There are some nice photos on its facebook entry.

Facebook

one of it's admins religious views - c.o.m (church of millwall)
  • Options
    ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Went there for 12 and it was shut unfortunately.

Was it open at all on Saturday ....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Went there for 12 and it was shut unfortunately.

Was it open at all on Saturday ....?

It was open earlier than 12...I was sat at the bar from 11.55.

Was no one in there for a while so maybe thats why you thought it was shut.
  • Options
    I was there at quarter past 12 and Rodders was shouting his mouth off, going mental and threatening some Milwall lads so I'm assuming he must have been on the Fosters for more than 10 minutes.

Some of this may not have happened, by the way, it was a very exciting day for me.

Seriously though, nice bar and something missing in Greenwich, if he can get a daytime crowd to walk 50 yards into the unknown, he'll kick up a storm. At £2 a pint and instant service it's a touch as a pre-matcher, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there was me hoping that this would be a nice new place to go in Greenwich...

and then I saw this...

oh dear

I think I'll pass.
  • Options
    I dont have access at work. What does it say?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I dont have access at work. What does it say?

NEWS FLASH//NEWS FLASH//NEWS FLASH//NEWS FLASH//NEWS FLASH//

Taking the country by storm Olly Murs will be taking time out just before his official X Factor tour dates for a special performance in the luscious surroundings of RB@G.

This will be everybody’s last opportunity to grab these golden tickets as it will be his last performance before the live X factor tour dates start on the following week.
  • Options
    How do you get tickets ?
  • Options
    valley gold get 1st dibs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]How do you get tickets ?

Ha ha!

From the facebook page I think, you'd better be quick though it's almost sold out!

So perhaps I'm in the minority in thinking that it would be hell on earth.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Will he be performing his own songs.....oh wait.

Who's there the following week, Danny from Hear'Say?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ha ha ha

"VIP TICKETS IN ADVANCE: £45 (meet & greet with olly murs)"

Where do i get them?!!
  • Options
    Its a nice bar (barstaff could do with some more experience in pulling a pint though) but its going to be hard to get people to know where the bar is as its quite set off from where people walk past.

Oh and it needs more attractive women in it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Oh and it needs more attractive women in it!
    §

And maybe less shite "talent show stars"?

I'm stunned that there are people out there who would actually pay £45 to meet Olly Murs?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]
    §

I'm stunned that there are people out there who would actually pay £45 to meet Olly Murs?!

Surely the people that do are not old enough to get in bars??...If there are any men there, they need a good slap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    §

Surely the people that do are not old enough to get in bars??...If there are any men there, they need a good slap.

Assuming the clientele will be mainly women that day, it might not be a bad time for single blokes to get down there?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    §

Assuming the clientele will be mainly women that day, it might not be a bad time for single blokes to get down there?

...but £45 quid for the pleasure. That would go a long way in some other places.....
  • Options
    True, although it says standard admission is £20. It's £45 if you want to meet him, which i'm assuming you don't.
  • Options
    I wonder what you get your for £45?

Does that guarantee you a certain amount of time with the great man himself?!

Do you think if they offered the same tickets but for one of the girls from X-Factor you'd get men paying it?
    And what would they expect for their £45?!

I'm thinking it would be more than an autograph and photo with her on their camera phone!
  • Options
    id pay £45 to get close to Kimberley from Girls Aloud.
  • Options
    finally having a free weekend might take a venture down here saturday afternoon -not evening as am too old. Do we have to mention your name rodders?
  • Options
    Popped in there last friday night with Red_in_SE8. Bigger than I expected and obviously had a good few quid spent on it, It was however empty and without a lot of advertising I think it might struggle which would be a pity.
  • Options
    Thinking of arranging a works leaving do down there, anyone know if they do a bit of grub?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Thinking of arranging a works leaving do down there, anyone know if they do a bit of grub?

No idea on the food but i'm sure i read that Pete Doherty is playing there tonight. Wonder if he'll bother to turn up.