Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loyal supporters?

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Just picked up from a previous thread that last night was SXaddicks 100th different ground - bloody great effort!!

Can this be beaten by any other lifers?

Last count i was on 75 but struggling to add to it........

Comments

• Options
    I reckon im about 75.

Burnley, Preston, maybe Scunthorpe next season to add to the list.
  • Options
    Don't worry mate you can add loads to it next season
  • Options
    Colchester, Cardiff, new grounds in Hull and Coventry, hopefully Swansea will come up as well.
  • Options
    I did a friendly at Colchester a few years back.

Plymouth will be a new one for me.
  • Options
    76 I think last count.... ;-)
  • Options
    76 for me and quite a few of the newer ones still to go to
  • Options
    he said grounds, not clubs.

I reckon i am on about 100 grounds with Charlton, around 67 current league clubs.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    AFKA - Are there really 33 new grounds?

I am going back to the league tables to work this out properly - I cant have stone beating me by one.

Next year possibly - Hull (new ground) Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Burnley.
  • Options
    rukes are a bit flakey, new grounds, non-league grounds etc.

Would SXAddick of classed going down to Wimbourne for a pre-season friendly as one of his grounds ?
  • Options
    Stone - Including Welling and Dorchester I am now on 77!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I missed them too! 78 now....
  • Options
    Emirates was no. 97 of English League grounds for me.

I've seen the current Premiership clubs play at 27 different grounds!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Do foreign clubs grounds count? If so I'm at about 45 ish.

Pales intro insignificance compared to you lot I know, but I'm younger than most of you (certainly Stone) so have some time to catch up ;-).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]but I'm younger than most of you (certainly Stone) so have some time to catch up ;-).

not if you don't leave London..... :-)
  • Options
    Henry Irving Jr has done 10 grounds (not all with Charlton though). Not bad for 8. I think I've done 51 league grounds but haven't counted non-league grounds/friendlies etc like Welling.
  • Options
    Stone - I forgot about Oxford and Cambridge in the Conf. which puts me up to 79.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Stone - I forgot about Oxford and Cambridge in the Conf. which puts me up to 79.

I can see this running and running with you two coming up with more and more obscure grounds that youve been to
  • Options
    "I can see this running and running with you two coming up with more and more obscure grounds that youve been to "

No we are far too mature for that ................... ;-)
  • Options
    Think I'm roughly around the 55 mark, would have to count properly.....I reckon my old man would beat anyone on this, can count on one hand the number of games he's missed in the past 50 odd years.
  • Options
    I didn't realise we were including conference clubs. Do non-league grounds count if it was F A Cup and not a friendly?
    I have Dagenham, Maidstone, Harlow and Tonbridge if so....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]but I'm younger than most of you (certainly Stone) so have some time to catch up ;-).

not if you don't leave London..... :-)

I havent been to Brentford or Orient yet. Give it a couple of seasons and maybe....... ;-)
  • Options
    Bloody hell.

21 of those grounds I've been to no longer exist.

Highbury
    Burndon Park
    Elm Park
    Maine Road
    Ayresome Park
    Springfield Road
    Baseball Ground
    The Dell
    Victoria Ground
    Roker Park
    Highfield Road
    Filbert Street
    Boothferry Park
    Vetch Field
    Goldstone Ground
    Leeds Road
    The Den
    Fellows Park
    Plough Lane
    Eastville
    Sealand

Can we count Wembley?
  • Options
    i have done about 70
  • Options
    Push mine up to 99.......

Forgot Maidstone and Newport County.
  • Options
    Stone - Am I getting desperate if I include Wembley Arena for the London 5 A Sides?
  • Options
    Does Sparrows Lane count?
  • Options
    Thats quite unbelievable that those grounds are no longer around Addickted!!
  • Options
    I saw us win that. Still have a piccy somewhere. Ritchie Bowman Kieth Peacock Paddy Powell. Used to be sponsored by the Evening Standard I think.
    I think they stopped it when teams started sending out reserve team players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Thats quite unbelievable that those grounds are no longer around Addickted!!

It is when I haven't been to 9 of their replacements, which is really galling.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Remember the guiness soccer six, we beat Liverpool and Forest in their prime to win that!