Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anti Violence Stance on Saturday/Change of Shirts

Comments

• Options
    I think Groucho and Weegie have summed it up brilliantly. Great gesture from CAFC, MFC and the sponsors.
  • Options
    Good Gesture im impressed but it might go belly up if Millwall fans do all they say they will.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Good Gesture im impressed but it might go belly up if Millwall fans do all they say they will.

They 'never' do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Leaving aside the obvious jokes well done Charlton and that other team.

And the two sponsors for giving up the shirt space on such a high profile game. I know their absence will be remarked upon and get them more mentions as above but still well done.

the cynic in me says maybe CYC and KRBS don't want their name tarnished with back page news after a 22 man brawl where Semedo eats half the milwall midfield!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Good Gesture im impressed but it might go belly up if Millwall fans do all they say they will.

They 'never' do.

Good Hope your right mate.
  • Options
    [quote]And what about Sam Bartram?[/quote]

I didnt mention Bartram because of the statue thats already in place
  • Options
    that statue has no likeness to the great man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: choice[/cite]I mentioned this somewhere else but do you not think its about time that each stand was named after a legend and how would you allocate them

North - Lennie Lawrence
    West - Alan Curbishley
    East - Derek Hales

what about the quadrants or is that going a bit OTT

Once all the stands are taken what do you do to honour Parky once the takeover goes through and he leads us back to the premiership and then on to sustained european glory ?

That would be the Delusions of Grandeur Stand.
    But if it happens, I'd gladly go for it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]that statue has no likeness to the great man.

His daughter said it was a very good likeness but you must be right as you knew him better ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]that statue has no likeness to the great man.

You really think that, or just like a moan?

As statue likenesses go, I think it's great. As does everyone I know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how about the 'plucky little Charlton' stand.
  • Options
    My mum knew him very well and agrees it's a good likeness.

I take her opinion over yours

;-)
  • Options
    when i see photos of him he looks much better looking than the statue in my view,was looking at it before going to the coach to yeovil .have they a curbs one?
  • Options
    you should go on one of those stadium tours and then you can see the Seed and curbs busts.

I know the bloke who does them. I put in a word for you if you like : - )
  • Options
    lol. he did agree with me on this one.said looks like him but does in maybe not hes more dashing look. and sam is my dads hero.please put a word in though.
  • Options
    My nan was in the same class as Jimmy Seeds granddaughter. :-)
    How did we get onto this subject? lol
  • Options
    http://www.independentmillwall.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96177
  • Options
    To be fair, that's quite funny for them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    To be fair, that's quite funny for them

I'd have to agree, priceless stuff.
  • Options
    they try so so hard dont they. How sweet.

Must get a bit boring though. We only have to hear it once every 15 years but they do it every week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, but that was a "joke" ?
    Sad people..............
  • Options
    of course they are sad, they are millsmall.

If you were millsmall you'd be sad : - )
  • Options
    I find it rather sad that this thread has gone so far off topic.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    Unfortunately that Millwall link/site is taking the p*ss out of Richard Chiesman who passed away in October with a brain tumour, although of course they aren't to know that. (I believe that to be the case from the thread on Richard a few days ago)
  • Options
    Apologies for the repeat link, didnt know it was here.
    Yeah i agree in hindsight that there was only one reason that was posted and personally I was more pissed about the comments about Richard who i knew quite well when i was a teenager.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    nothing will happen, chill out.

Millsmall = Jackanory
  • Options
    What a palarva
  • Options
    ...anyway, it's a great initiative. I remember the anti-street violence thing that we did at half time one game last year and it was very well done. I think shirts were printed for that, although they were not match-worn.