Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now that Reading have sacked their Manager

2»

Comments

• Options
    never said that.
  • Options
    a strange score.
  • Options
    Can't see Parky going to Reading as I think he has a bit of loyalty about him and he want's to see this job through, plus he probably learnt from leaving Colchester too soon to join Hull. Saying that... If he were to go I'd try for the following:

Unrealistically/Takeover:

Curbs
    Peter Reid
    Mark Bowen

Realistically:

Ferguson
    Trollope
    Coppell
    Kinsella
    Breaker
    Powell
  • Options
    Please stay, Parky.
  • Options
    Confident he will stay as he won't want to go through last year again. However, I am under no illusion if the right offer came in he would be off. The right offer being a club in a better position than us, with money and decent directors. Loyalty ... he owes us nothing, in this world of football.
  • Options
    Parky will stay end of. More importantly will Mooney once Reading get their new manager....could lose Sodje & Mooney for the same reasons...
  • Options
    Perhaps those of us criticising his contract extension will have to eat humble pie (again).
  • Options
    i will if we go up.
  • Options
    the suggestion by some at the time was that the contract extension was to cover ourselves against just this scenario. Someone above alluded to him turning down Derby and Ipswich to stay with us. Ipswich and Derby approached Colchester when he was there, as did we, and all three were refused permission to talk to him. That peed Parky off as he believed he had a gentleman's agreement with the Chairman that he wouldn't stand in his way if a bigger Club came in. He got Col U promted and then walked to join Hull at the end of the season. Whilst with us he turned down the Huddersfield job after initially accepting it. I think it would be a disaster if he left now and I'm gradually warming to him. I'm not convinced that he can do a job in the Championship and I do also feel that any even half decent manager should have us in the position we are now with the resources we have and the squad we have (second to Leeds in terms of squad budget, second in terms of squad too imo). I do think that if offered the Reading job it would be 50/50 if he went. If he went I'd look no further than Adkins, O'Driscoll, Trollope, Tisdale and, as an outsider, Skiverton at Yeovil.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    the time for parky to leave(for charltons sake) was when pardew left and the new broom could have given us a lift (just like billy davies did at forest) but we missed that opportunity and played it safe and now we're in a shite league playing pub teams like millsmall .....
    the board showed undeniable loyalty to parky and i think he owes them that much , i'll be convinced he's a good un when he get's us to 4th bottom in the championship (one place above where he found us, as manager) but then i'm a fussy git who aims high and not low for success!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think the Board showed him any loyalty, he's only here still because we couldn't afford to get rid. He owes us nothing imo. Plus, if offered the Reading job and he turned it down who knows two weeks after Gold could be in, Parky is sacked and then out of a job. With all the uncertainty surrounding us he may consider a two year deal with Reading, a Club he has a close affinity too and a fan base that love him, a better bet.
  • Options
    Parky wont go. He has just got a new contract, the team now are his players and not the previous managers, he has won most of the fans over and potentially has the oppertunitty of putting a promotion season on his CV. No doubt he can still remember how it felt to lose his job at Hull and how he may have jumped ship to soon at Colchester. Why would he want to do the same thing again
  • Options
    Well, there's nothing as unpredictable as human nature.

If .......Parky is offered the job, I reckon he'll consider it.
    It'll pull at his heart strings.

He knows he's building something here, but there's no such thing as guarantees in life.

Will he go?

I don't know. Nor I suspect does Parky.
  • Options
    Where does his family live?
  • Options
    Seem to remember when the Col U job has been vacant that Kins was locked on, done deal bound to go.

He's still here and most likely never got as far an an interview if that.

We might make the old player = new manager leap but boards of directors are funny things, and I should know, so why worry about it.

And if PP does go we can just make NLA manager ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Where does his family live?

Nowhere near Reading and neither does he.
  • Options
    I'm with Oggy.

PS Incredible how many talented managers there are on this forum.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Where does his family live?[/quote]
    'ull. And so does he.
  • Options
    So Parky is today's whipping boy?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Its not incredible at all if you read my quote, i said he could go with my wishes and that it is nothing against him

But it ends there lets not forget we are in the 3rd division and he was at the helm for long enough to stop us ending up here,

I think the slide was too much for him to stop but does that fill me with confidence that he will cope in the chumpinship should we return.

i think before you all think parky's reign is superb dont forget those facts from last season and look at it again.

I dont have any feelings for Parky i dont dislike him nor do i like him , and i dont know why that is but i dont, i feel totally un interested in this season and unless we go straight up he will have failed this season as well as last.

dont believe he is the answer i never have
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Reading would do well to remember that they are a small club that have had a grand total of 2 years in the Premier and that naturally they have hung around in the lower two divisions for the majority of their history. Coppell was their golden boy and the chances of anyone bettering his achievements are remote at best.
    Parky is doing a decent job at the moment and I am in no rush to say sayonara to him. We will probably pass Reading on the way up anyway.
  • Options
    Will Parky go? I hope not, but the wisdom of getting the one year contract extension has just been demonstrated. Without it even if he had a job to complete here and wanted to stay he might feel he ought to apply just to have some job security and to force Charlton to offer him something longer than a one year extension. Even with the extension he may still go but then at least we'd get some compensation.