Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RATM - Christmas No.1 ?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Oh and also. Johnnybev. You bought that tripe? You should be ashamed of yourself.

haha not really but has been said i have weird music sense, as enjoy most things. prefer his song to RAM although dont mind them both

and yes it was re-released original was 92 as radio one have said several times, thats not to you CWLC whoever posted earlier

Not re-released, just being bought by lots of people.

I dont know whether his was re-released? i thought it may be....... oh well that ruined my arguement for his although still prefer his song

anyways just realisesd Katy Perry's new single is also in the running called Starstrukk, thats better then them both so would prefer that one.

I also thought RAM was re-released as its not the same as the original i heard unless they have fine tuned it or done something

And that song by Joe, isn't it a cover of a Miley Cyrus song? FFS!!! That's the state of the UK charts - a 15 year old boy singing a cover of a 15 year old girl. Pathetic.
  • Options
    Not only filling the pockets of Sony but their very own employee Mr Cowell. Win-Win for that man!
  • Options
    RATM Killing in the name of has some hilarious memories for me - most of them when it is played on the top floor of the venue EVERY night I have ever been there.

Dec and my brother not being keen to go to the venue for my birthday a couple of years ago. I got them there, then couldn't get them off the dance floor when Killing in the name of came on and they jumped around like silly buggers for the whole thing and wouldn't leave till it was over. so funny. got the pics somewhere.
  • Options
    I don't care if it's making money for Sony. As long as it keeps that karaoke bullshit off the top of the charts I am happy.

I know that 12 year old girls need music making for them, but when most of the stuff in the charts is made for them we are fast approaching musical armageddon. How people can buy the shite that comes from X Factor i'll never know. To think that these people actually vote (in proper, grown up elections) makes me despair. They are even talking about it on the BBC these days. There is no escape from this moronic shit, it seems.

My favourite X Factor quote (by Charlie Brooker) upon seeing the cheering crowds for the auditions: 'it's like the Nuremburg rally for dummies'. About sums it up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I thought they were a shit cynical marketing ploy when they popped up the first time. It's ironic that they're part of a cynical marketing campaign, packaged as saving music from cynical marketing. At least people buying the X Factor know that it's shit for idiots. A lot of folk buying RATM probably think they're edgy and alternative.[/quote]
    Proper edgy and alternative people brought the song when it first came out in the 1990s. ;-)[/quote]
    I did too FoD, just seen the error of my way since. I'm a convert, which gives me the right to be an opinionated tadger (in my own head).
  • Options
    I won't be buying either of them.
    I don't care about the Geordie boy and I already bought the RATM album when it was new.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]
    My favourite X Factor quote (by Charlie Brooker) upon seeing the cheering crowds for the auditions: 'it's like the Nuremburg rally for dummies'. About sums it up.

haha, brilliant
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Its 29p at Amazon. I didnt give a shite til I saw 10-1 at Betfred last week. . . . .

Now I *really* give a shite!

I don't buy music online, but I understand that the 29p option doesn't count in the charts. I think you have to buy the 99p version for it to help.
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]They haven't re released it. You can make any song in the world number one as long as you get enough people to buy it at once online via download. You can evan record yourself farting, add it to some websites, get people to buy it and done. In the charts. You farting on top of the pops

Make that, and I'll break my rule about not buying music online just for it.

I have a moral objection to paying money for music these days (nothing to do with feeling I "deserve" free music, but I think copyright, and the record companies it protects, does more harm than good to music. Release music for free and then ask people to contribute to the musicians. It all sounds a bit silly, sure, but if there was a musician you loved, I'm sure you'd contribute so they'd continue making music that you love. I certainly would.) I don't love either of these songs/acts, so I won't be giving money to Sony for either of them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big C[/cite]RATM = Rage Against The Machine. They're not heavy metal, its rap rock/funk rock.

"Funk rock" - are you kidding me?! Rage are definitely a metal band
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Havent downloaded the RATM single this time around as I bought the original album a long time ago now. Doesnt sound as good now as it did back in the day.

I also bought their debut long ago but the song is still sounds as vital as it ever has. I now own 4 copies of it :)
  • Options
    Cowell now intends to turn politics into a circus - he's a bit late on that one!
    ..........................................................................................

And Cowell has designs on the next UK general election.
    Not a Politicians' X Factor, but a series of big prime time shows leading up to the election in which the public would hear two sides of the argument about several issues.
    There would, he said, be a red telephone for the politicians to ring in, a massive X Factor-style studio audience split for and against the issue, and live voting by the viewers.
    And the subjects? Well it was clear he noted the huge audience for BBC Question Time when the British National Party was on - immigration of course, then fox hunting, the war in Afghanistan...
    Capital punishment? I asked. "Well we could do it," he replied. "We could ask the question."
    There are strict guidelines for broadcasters in a pending period before an election, but you could see such a show working.
    Cowell said he wants "a bear pit". And if anyone can deliver a bear pit it is Simon Cowell.
    I always said as long as I was doing this that the minute you feel the audience want you to go - and I'm sure it's going to happen, and I've been quite lucky I've lasted this long - it wouldn't be a problem
    Simon Cowell
    The show is probably destined for ITV - and, no, in case you are wondering, he said that he and Sir Philip have no intention of buying ITV.
    "We've been approached by various people in the past who wanted to have a look at ITV and asked us if we'd be interested, but it's so much work to do," he said.
    I wondered if Cowell could become even more famous by anchoring these political shows. But he said he would not appear.
    As for his currently glittering on-screen career, I asked him what he would do if his popularity started to wane: "What happens when you decide you want to sack yourself, or when you just stop cutting the mustard?"
    "That's going to happen," he replied.
    "I always said as long as I was doing this that the minute you feel the audience want you to go - and I'm sure it's going to happen, and I've been quite lucky I've lasted this long - it wouldn't be a problem."
    Watch the full Simon Cowell interview on Newsnight on Monday 14 December 2009 at 2230GMT on BBC Two, then afterwards on the Newsnight website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheryl says you are all being very "spiteful" towards poor little Joe. You are all very naughty boys!
  • Options
    Saw the bloke behind the facebook page on TV, nothing to do with the music industry or Sony. It's a genuine campaign, and as others have said, if it keeps that shite off the top spot for just one year, a point has been made.

14 year old girls have ruined the UK music industry - discuss...
  • Options
    I dont think Cowell really cares about the number 1, if his latest doesn't get there it will be more of a minor inconvenience. X Factor will only stop when people stop paying money every week to cast their votes, as long as they are making their millions that way it will continue.
  • Options
    Capital punishment? Is that even getting debated?! I'm pretty sure every party is against it.
  • Options
    Today's sales flash has RATM less than 10,000 sales ahead of Joe ....
  • Options
    very interesting article in yesterday's Guardian by Bob "St Etienne' Stanley.....

The Number One phenomenon

I would be very hard pressed to name more than 3 number one records in the last 10 years!!
  • Options
    14 yr old girls are pop music not us old saddos ; - )

If i stick a knife in my heart
    Suicide right on the stage
    Would it be enough for your teenage lust
    Would it help to ease the pain?
  • Options
    Would be f***ing awesome if RATM won, but if that happens I'll eat my own feet. Got a ton on the pre-pubescent pleb - no way Rage will be permitted to win
  • Options
    they would bend the numbers anyway.....
  • Options
    Well, done my bit and downloaded RATM today.

X Factor just about sums up what is wrong with this country. 20m watching that crap last weekend. What hope!

Thankfully that Dancing sh** will be finished tonight as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No1 official
  • Options
    'AVE IT!
  • Options
    would you like a knife and fork for your tootsies Leroy ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]would you like a knife and fork for your tootsies Leroy ;-)
    Hahaha - less than 40 seconds for someone to pull me on it!

Yes please - they'll taste good with a smattering of tomato ketchup
  • Options
    haha sorry mate, was just there so couldn't resist!
  • Options
    I can't understand the fuss.

Someone name me what wa number 1 three weeks ago? Bet you can't, because no one cares. So what if the charts of full of manufactored teenage girl's music, people still just listen to what they like, surely?

P.S. i don't really like either song - Journey at number 7, however....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Would be f***ing awesome if RATM won, but if that happens I'll eat my own feet. Got a ton on the pre-pubescent pleb - no way Rage will be permitted to win

Oh dear!
  • Options
    Result!

Toe-snacks for Mr Ambrose! :)
  • Options
    Started on the little toe. Toenails are a bit chewy. Left a mess on the carpet when I tried to saw the toe off. Best leave that there I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Capital punishment? Is that even getting debated?! I'm pretty sure every party is against it.

As members of the EU we couldn't bring it back even if we wanted to.

For the record I do not believe in capital punishment anyway but in my view a UK government should be deciding what happens in the UK.

The EU would be worth discusiing to watch the LibLabCon cospiracy squirm.