Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mooney....

2»

Comments

• Options
    That's a fair comment Scoh, and I do think there is probably more to come from Sodje - it's just I've yet to see any real evidence for it with my own eyes, although I've seen him be handful for Sheff Weds and I gather he was great at Yeovil. We definitely have some options and variation up front now and I think, even with Mcleod on it, most teams in this division would kill for a bench like we could call on yesterday and when you think Racon, Youga and Richardson were all missing our squad definitely looks a lot stronger than a month or two back.

If we can avoid any sales in Jan and add a good quality left mid and some more cover at centre back we should really be able to push on from a strong position. Reckon it'll be an exciting season from here on in because I think we've shown we can hold our own with the best in this division but Leeds and Norwich clearly are going to take some stopping too, not to metion Colchester and Huddersfield and maybe even Southampton who I think are all dangerous outsiders. the play-offs certainly look like well worth avoiding.
  • Options
    He's run's are very intelligent and although not lightening quick his reading of the game and the runs he makes seem to give him that extra yard or so. Much the same as Robbie Fowler used to do,he was never the quickest or the strongest but he knew when to run and that gave him the edge over the defenders. The only thing is doing those run's only works if you can get fed the ball,Robbie Fowler had a host of players who could pick out his runs.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]He's run's are very intelligent and although not lightening quick his reading of the game and the runs he makes seem to give him that extra yard or so. Much the same as Robbie Fowler used to do,he was never the quickest or the strongest but he knew when to run and that gave him the edge over the defenders. The only thing is doing those run's only works if you can get fed the ball,Robbie Fowler had a host of players who could pick out his runs.

Spot on.

Saturday he had a few bad touches early doors, but went on to do some great bits and pieces. Really intelligent player who looks like he gives a shit, too.

Re acknowledging the fans; He was obviously injured unlike Sam Sodje who legged it straight down the tunnel within about 6 seconds ala Marcus Bent @ Liverpool with no handshakes and NO acknowledgement, even though for some reason we'd been singing his name all afternoon...