Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good news for the detractors of Lloyd Sam

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    Fair comment

I know !!

Alright show off
  • Options
    Wasn't his debut at the 2-2 Palace game?

That was 4 years ago. I genuinely can't see any improvement (maybe bar the tracking back he's done of late)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Wasn't his debut at the 2-2 Palace game?

That was 4 years ago. I genuinely can't see any improvement (maybe bar the tracking back he's done of late)

well we've fallen a couple of leagues to be fair so we've found a level for the not so good players in our side to look good and even then some of the junk aren't good enough for the higher echelons of this pony league
  • Options
    Ok

He has improved tremendously, it's probably fair to say the standard we have played football at has suffered enormously since his debut.

If you ask most of the opposition fans who've seen us this season I'm pretty sure they would be happy if Sam was not in the starting line up for the return leg.
  • Options
    Other club's supporters always rate Lloyd Sam.

So why don't we ......?
  • Options
    take a leaf out of dions book,try try and keep trying.
  • Options
    A few games back Shelvey played wide on the left and got some criticism for coming infield and looking for the ball. Sam is getting stick for continuing to play out on the wing when he perhaps could and should have played a bit deeper and come infield a bit. Maybe though Sam was acting on Parky's orders to stay where he was and stretch the defence out, and let's not forget that his cross led to Bailey's goal from that position.
  • Options
    why not play Waggy RM, Basey LM if Youga's back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Millwall offered little down their left and that is because Omo had a good game and was given good protection by Sam who worked hard to track back at all times. He didn't influence things as often in the attacking third as we'd like but put in a great cross to set up Bailey's goal and won the second penalty by being in the right place at the right time and as others have said, winger is the hardest position to go and impose yourself on the game if the ball isn't coming your way very much. He could go looking for it, but he has a tactical reposibility to stay close to the right hand side. Calling him a bottle job is massively unfair. As for moaning about him smiling, what the f**k is wrong with being nice?

Really cannot see what people have against Sam, he's not Nicky Bailey but he's nowhere near the Romedahl and Ambrose league of lightweight kings plus he's a Charlton graduate, he's pretty hardworking for a winger and has been the difference in several games this season. Far rather have him the side than Wagstaff who who runs his socks off but does it without any thought.

I would hope we'll cope okay without him for the one match, but if he gets injured or sold in Jan then I think we'll really miss him.

Succinctly put E_A, thank you
  • Options
    HOLDEN.He never plays,surely with sam out he can make his first league appearence!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]once Sam was booked yesterday he couldn't make a tackle, he got a final warning with the high feet infront of the Jimmy Seed, and then he couldn't really go getting the ball, as one mistimed tackle and I swear that ref would have had no problem leveling things up

Just what we were screaming at Parky.

Think PP called that wrong second half ie not taking Sam off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]once Sam was booked yesterday he couldn't make a tackle, he got a final warning with the high feet infront of the Jimmy Seed, and then he couldn't really go getting the ball, as one mistimed tackle and I swear that ref would have had no problem leveling things up

Just what we were screaming at Parky.

Think PP called that wrong second half ie not taking Sam off.
    Perfect.