Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon

Not even on the bench yesterday.

No need for 3 strikers on the bench.

Does this mean he is going the way of Moo2 and Dicko in Jan --- massive mistake in my opinion if so

Comments

• Options
    Apparently Racon was seen leaving the ground before the match, looking very unhappy.

Dr Kish1
    DrKish2

Presumably it's to do with his alleged reluctance to play on the left of midfield. It looks as if Parky's man management style might be costing us another good player, after Josh Wright and Moo2.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: danny777[/cite]Apparently Racon was seen leaving the ground before the match, looking very unhappy.

Dr Kish1
    DrKish2

Presumably it's to do with his alleged reluctance to play on the left of midfield. It looks as if Parky's man management style might be costing us another good player, after Josh Wright and Moo2.

"Parky's man management style might be costing us another good player". Massively disagree with that. If a player refuses to play in a different position, it's his problem, not poor man-management. Racon in that case is ending his own Charlton career, rather than Parky.
  • Options
    Don't want Racon to leave.

All it takes is a injury to Bailey or Semedo and he'll be back in the team. Might even make it against Swindon as Sam is suspended.
  • Options
    Heard he is injured. His foot has been giving him some trouble since Yeovil.

Guess with sam suspended we will see if that was true or not?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: danny777[/cite]It looks as if Parky's man management style might be costing us another good player, after Josh Wright and Moo2

Not quite sure what you mean here?

1) Racon sees himself as attacking mid, but after a number of ineffectual performances, lost that position to Nicky Bailey who has since put in a whole string of superb performances at CM.

Racon gave a couple of disinterested performances on the left and then refused to play there again...... so Parky benched him. Which IMO is fair enough.

2) Parky said his problem with Moo2 is that he can't defend, has no positional sense and his final ball is not there.
    In other words, in the manager's opinion, he's not good enough.

And that's aside from training ground and discipline problems.

3) Josh Wright was another behind the scenes issue. We all felt a bit sorry for Josh after he was left out of a winning side, but then no one on here knows truly knows what was said, and the player's public attitude made it very difficult for the manager. In the end Wright only hurt himself, because a player can't be bigger than the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: danny777[/cite]Apparently Racon was seen leaving the ground before the match, looking very unhappy.

Dr Kish1
    DrKish2

"Parky's man management style might be costing us another good player". Massively disagree with that. If a player refuses to play in a different position, it's his problem, not poor man-management. Racon in that case is ending his own Charlton career, rather than Parky.

Rubbish, if he gives into players, then that is bad man-management.
  • Options
    can't see how he's been injured since Yeovil as he's been on the bench since that game.
  • Options
    agree with what Oggy said except that Wright is now a Championship regular so he hasn't exactly hurt himself by leaving (imo).
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Dr Kish1
    DrKish2

Er, but he hasn't given in. Racon has reportedly refused to play left wing, so he doesn't play. That's the opposite of the manager giving into the players.

EDIT: Maybe you're disagreeing with danny777's post rather than mine, apologies if so!
  • Options

Dr Kish1
    DrKish2

Er, but he hasn't given in. Racon has reportedly refused to play left wing, so he doesn't play. That's the opposite of the manager giving into the players.

Dabos, it was Danny777 I was responding to with his comment on Parky's man mangement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dr Kish1
    DrKish2

But it does seem to keep happening at our club though ? That'll be three players in a year we've lost under similar circumstances - is this normal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]agree with what Oggy said except that Wright is now a Championship regular so he hasn't exactly hurt himself by leaving (imo).

Thanks, Large.

My comments regarding Josh Wright were in context of Dannny 777's post ".....It looks as if Parky's man management style might be costing us another good player, after Josh Wright and Moo2."

Agree with you he's doing well for Scunny at the moment, quite pleased for him if I'm honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]

Dr Kish1
    DrKish2

But it does seem to keep happening at our club though ? That'll be three players in a year we've lost under similar circumstances - is this normal.

I guess it's not normal se9, but if the Moo2/Racon stories are true it strengthens the argument that Pardew wasn't bringing the right type of player to the club, whereas Parky values the character of a player and whether they can fit in with the squad more highly.

We may be making a mountain out of a mole hill anyway - it wouldn't surprise me to see Racon back in the team at the weekend.
  • Options
    Would be very sad to see him go. Hopefully it can be fixed, but given Parky's record of flushing out those that don't march to his tune, I assume we're waving goodbye to him. Clearly we don't have the funds to get anything like that quality anytime soon. It's particularly disappointing given that we were told that all the wronguns had been flushed out and we were now in possession of a squad of good eggs.

If a boss falls out with a member of his staff because they're difficult then that's fair enough. When it keeps happening it might signal an issue.
  • Options
    Racon is a class player, but is not suited to playing wide left or in the defensive midfield role ans Bailey has first dibs for me in his best role as an attacking CM and Semedo is better at playing the defensive midfield role.

If we play 4-4-2 then how do you accomodate Racon and Bailey into the midfield? Especially as that leaves Shelvey on the bench.
  • Options
    All of us are just speculating ......... that's what people do when they don't actually know any facts.
  • Options
    I hope he doesnt go, as much as he is not in the team at the momment is a quality player. just shows what depth we have in CM tbh

dont think this is poor management by Parky in this case as stated previously by oggy

As for moo2 & Josh Wright, i wish they hadnt gone but we fans never know the full story or who's decision it was etc so cant really comment too much but i think they are both good players and moo2 i would put in starting eleven, unsure whether josh wright would of made the sqaud even now?
  • Options
    I think he was good for us on the Left. Held the ball up well and can pick a pass. He would certainly have helped us to retain the ball against a 10 man Millwall rather than it just being hoofed around. I am a bit concerned that our play from the start of the season seems to have disintegrated into more of a kick and rush game (albeit results have held up so far). This is not purely because racon is not playing but is one of the key reasons IMO.
  • Options
    If he does go it'd be good to use the money for a decent proper left winger.
  • Options
    I think Racon has something to offer for sure but ultimately the manager has to select his own team. It is after all the manager not the player who gets sacked if it goes pear shaped.

Parky has got us to second in the league so for the moment at least if he wishes to leave Racon out then that is fine by me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Read in the telegraph that pompey are interested in Racon...so we won't get decent money for him.....
  • Options
    Racon is a great player, we have issues if there are players who want to leave a club at the top of the league regardless of why or who they are .

i wouldnt want to see him go has been a really good player so far this season there have been those a lot worse than him.

hopefully it can be sorted out as a league 1 club wont get much for a non free scoring midfielder.,
  • Options
    Portsmouth still have transfer embargo don't they?

Even then there a strong chance we'll be playing them in the same league next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]non free scoring midfielder.,

exactly
  • Options
    Some posters keep saying Racon has refused to play left midfield.

What evidence is there ?

Parky said Racon was not happy playing there which is not the same thing.

It would be a bad mistake to let him go as he is the only flair player in our squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]It would be a bad mistake to let him go as he is the only flair player in our squad
    you mean except sam and youga right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]It would be a bad mistake to let him go as he is the only flair player in our squad
    you mean except sam and youga right?

LOL!

Dazzler, I think you should engage brain sometimes before you post on here

Youga, a flair player - I take it that's a wind-up?????
  • Options
    I dont regard Sam as a flair player.

Forgot Youga who imo has been our best player this season.
  • Options
    Youga, a flair player - I take it that's a wind-up?????
    sorry have you not seen yougas bombing runs and turns where no one can tackle him? That is flair!
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]I dont regard Sam as a flair player.

Forgot Youga who imo has been our best player this season.
    hmm step overs and turning defenders inside out etc not flair all of a sudden eh?
  • Options
    FLAIR n 1 a natural ability or talent

2 stylishness

Perhaps Sam does qualify .Youga certainly does.