Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]FLAIR n 1 a natural ability or talent

2 stylishness

Perhaps Sam does qualify .Youga certainly does.

Glad we came to a satisfactory conclusion ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]Some posters keep saying Racon has refused to play left midfield.

What evidence is there ?

Parky said Racon was not happy playing there which is not the same thing.

It would be a bad mistake to let him go as he is the only flair player in our squad.

Parky said so at a meeting, I heard with my own ears = evidence.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]Glad we came to a satisfactory conclusion ;-)
    agreed!

EDIT:

I think i may have seen Parky said it in a report and confused what i heard with what i read?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    actually Parky was reported as saying that by JVL AFTER the meeting.

Dont know if he said it to covered end and dazzler as well but he didnt mention racon during the last Bromley meeting.
  • Options
    NB Parky has said today that Racon didn't leave the ground on Saturday and was in the dressing room at the end of the game.
  • Options
    Parky said that Racon was 'In the dressing room afterwards' CE. Significantly, he made no mention of his whereabouts during the game. Certainly I did not say he 'stormed out' as reported by the Newsshopper. I did say Sam & I saw him head for his car just a few minutes after arriving at the ground......and he was carrying his bag. I had my grandson with me & was anxious to get in the ground as soon as the turnstiles opened so do not know if he drove away, as I stated in the report.

My hunch is he did. Parky only mentions Therry was in the dressing room 'afterwards' . If he watched the game why not say so?
  • Options
    Don't necessarily think that what happened with Josh Wright should be taken as any sort of indicator about Parky's management style.

It was pretty clear from Richard Murray's comments at the AGM early this year that he was going to be on his way. Whether that will ultimately prove a bad decision is another matter, but for whatever reason it was quite evident that he was going to be moving on.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Whether that will ultimately prove a bad decision is another matter
    In the end had Josh Wright stayed he'd have been nowhere near the first team this season.

He might develop into a good Championship maybe even Premier League player in the next 2, 3 or 4 years, but he was never going to develop here with the central midfielders we have ahead of him.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Whether that will ultimately prove a bad decision is another matter
    In the end had Josh Wright stayed he'd have been nowhere near the first team this season.

He might develop into a good Championship maybe even Premier League player in the next 2, 3 or 4 years, but he was never going to develop here with the central midfielders we have ahead of him.

We effectively swopped Josh for Matt Spring. I know some posters think he (Spring) is decent but I've watched the same matches where he's been praised and been totally unimpressed. We definitely lost out on the deal. January is likely to see the even more talented Arter join our promotion rivals, less than a year after we decided he wasn't good enough; are we really that broke we couldn't afford another £50k a year to keep him as back-up?

And if our midfield is so special, why aren't we dominating matches?
  • Options
    Do you honestly think Wright/Arter are better than Bailey/Semedo/Shelvey?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arter MIGHT join Swindon. Good luck to him but not exactly the biggest club and will he go straight into their first team?

As Scoham has frequently said some players need to leave to get a chance to develop over a few years.

We can't keep every player for financial and practical reasons plus its not fair on the player himself.
  • Options
    Racon and Bailey has to be the middle two.....

How anyone can say Semedo is better then Racon is the reason we are in the div 1..we get skillful players and ruin them but the average players get picked..

Drop Semedo back to right or left back and Racon back in the middle
  • Options
    Lol - Merry Christmas bexleyboy. Get that one out of a cracker?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do you honestly think Wright/Arter are better than Bailey/Semedo/Shelvey?
    Exactly that. Our midfield isn't that good, but still one of the best in the league (how many League One sides wouldn't want Bailey or Sam in their team?) and we have plenty of competition in central midfield.

I agree there's isn't much between Wright and Spring, neither would have been regulars this season unless 2/3 of Bailey, Semedo, Racon and Shelvey left. With all of them staying (plus Sinclair working on his fitness) there really isn't room for Wright and Spring.

Wright's at the age he wants to play, not sit on our bench all season. Spring is happy to do that, which perhaps is the reason to have kept him over Wright (or Arter).

Will be interesting to see how Arter does if he signs for Swindon. Yussuff has barely played for Gillingham in this league, and some on here said we should have kept him. £50k a season is still money that can be spent elsewhere, rather than on a young midfielder that will only get frustrated at not getting many games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Wright's at the age he wants to play, not sit on our bench all season. Spring is happy to do that,

Springy is conserving his energy to extend his career
  • Options
    Wright needed to get away from charlton and the southeast before it ruined him. He is so much better of now.

Racon could get in any championship team so why should he stay and play out of position.

Parky has to do what's best for him, so does racon.

Will always be a shame he was injured last year, I will always believe he could have kept us up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Wright needed to get away from charlton and the southeast before it ruined him. He is so much better of now.

Racon could get in any championship team so why should he stay and play out of position.

Parky has to do what's best for him, so does racon.

Will always be a shame he was injured last year, I will always believe he could have kept us up.
    i agree with this sentiment a fit racon in the side ahead of holland would have kept us up... and i loved Matty H
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]

I'm not so sure thats true,also he's had plenty of chances in center midfield and although he's not disgraced himself he hasn't been one to remember. No assists and no goals,i'm not sure with form like that he would get into any championship team
  • Options
    Think the next few games are vital for Racon, if he is going to stay with us after the window, reckon he needs some game time. If he continues on the bench or worse not even in the 18, Leicester or Derby will seem a much more attractive option.

I think we would be stupid to let him go, if Semedo or Bailey were to get injured then Racon would have a vital role to play and is one of our best players. Similarly to Shelvey he was one of our best players in August/September and I would not be surprised if similarly to early November, Parky has a reshuffle at some point and Racon gets another run in the side!