Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

B**ST**DS

Comments

• Options
    is that the Pub on the A217?

Sounds like a cracking family!

I really hope she gets over the fear that i'm sure these sh*ts have put into her.
  • Options
    No, Dazzler: the 'Shoes : turn left up the lane by my place.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ah in actual "sidlow"

Nice lookin place pity it houses one slobbish sounding b*****d.
  • Options
    it could be belated,say when your next up
  • Options
    O.K mate, should be Jan 9th. Hartlepool. But I wondered if donations to Age Concern next time y'all see a collecting box would be OK?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]That's really nice fellas but I don't know how we'd do it. I'm out in the sticks and can't make it up to the Valley on Boxing Day 'cos of family things. I'll get a card anyway and do it from all the Lifers that have posted on this thread, O.K?Don't know what she'll make of some of the names, though!

I might as well tell you about the background to the family 'problems' as I've already gone and mentioned them: Freda bought her house to be near her daughter who suffered a degenerative problem and was constantly in and out of hospital, The husband is next to useless and is mostly in the pub. The two grandaughters are in their twenties and come and go, only seeing Freda when they need subbing for something. Tragically Freda's daughter died and she now sees the family even less than she did before, though she still goes over there to feed their cat and tidy up (with no thanks offered), An example: on her recent birthday we took Freda up to the pub for a meal and the son-in-law was there . She'd had no cards from them and no-one had come over to see her,from 200 yards away! He came over and asked what was occuring and Freda told him so he said "Have you fed the cat?" I honestly don't know how I didn't smack him one, probably because Mrs.M was hanging on to my arm just in case! One of the grandaughters phoned up this afternoon (from over the road) but otherwise they've ignored her, as usual.

Whisper me your address, I'll put a Fiver in the post (10) if you wish.
  • Options
    me to.
  • Options
    A sorry story in many respects March, especially the "family" part. More than happy to contribute if something can be organised.
  • Options
    can we have a whip round for someone to rob the in-laws house.
  • Options
    already on my way down there henry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Not all 'the youth of today' would consider doing something like this, Dazzler. The vast, vast majority would react in the same way that CL folk have. I feel sorry for them on the whole because people always think that they are all queueing up to mug, rob etc. The vast, vast majority aren't.

As Henry said, there are scum everywhere who do stuff like this, but 99% of people would not. So the 'morally bankrupt' behaviour of that 1% does not reflect the moral fibre of the country. The thing that I have noticed most in the past few days is the amount of help that people have been giving each other. Admittedly, there is more community spirit where I live compared to most of the South-East, but things aren't that bad yet. Luckily, there are people like March51 about who care.[/quote]

Sad story, need to keep an eye on her over the next few weeks. Purely anectodotal and more related to old people who are physically mugged, but some old people are badly affected confidence wise after these incidents which goes on to affect their health. Keep her spirits up go and throw a brick through her families home!!

Sadly its not young people today, at 52 I can remember throughout my life old people being conned and ripped off, they are the vulnerable and some of them the lonely who are easily taken in by someone offering them comfort and friendliness.
  • Options
    my nan is 93 lives on her own in eastbourne,wish she lived local,tough as old boots though still in fine fettle,but she is lonely,coming up for christmas.
  • Options
    Blimey, March. What you told us about her family is really depressing. Like Henry said, that's a double mugging this Christmas.

I tip my hat to you, for what you are doing for this poor lady - it really is touching. I have never met you or the vast majority of the people on here,(I live a long way away, btw), but it goes to show how many amazing people you can find on this site. You, sir, are a diamond.

Whisper me your address and I will gladly make a contribution towards improving this lady's Christmas a tad.
  • Options
    Good work March. The world has moved on from her era, especially up north when they usually left their kitchen door open for friends to pop in. I hope she gets over the shock of being robbed. It will probably haunt her for some time.
    At least the cat will give her some affection!
  • Options
    On its way March, dont be surprised if you get a Christmas card after the day ;)
  • Options
    Well done March, sounds as though you've been a true neighbour and friend.
  • Options
    Not just me BFR, there's Mrs M, and another neighbour, it just so happens I've got the week off and by chance can do something to help. Hopefully everyone's keeping an eye out for the elderly, especially in this weather! It won't be long before I'll need a friendly neighbour!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Not just me BFR, there's Mrs M, and another neighbour, it just so happens I've got the week off and by chance can do something to help. Hopefully everyone's keeping an eye out for the elderly, especially in this weather! It won't be long before I'll need a friendly neighbour!

As neither of them have accounts here - you'll have to take the praise.
  • Options
    Happy to chip in if there is a whip round...will send a cheque when I get back...whisper me if it goes ahead.
  • Options
    Count me in Mr M.
    Whisper me.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would luv to make a contribution but i dont think you should whisper me your address. As she has the issue of these wankers knowing were she lives you prob dont wanna be whispering your address out to randomers on the internet. Personally i think its a bit rude to even ask in this circumstance.
  • Options
    Not everyone is out to get you, Ru.

Normally, I would agree with you, but this is CL!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Would luv to make a contribution but i dont think you should whisper me your address. As she has the issue of these wankers knowing were she lives you prob dont wanna be whispering your address out to randomers on the internet. Personally i think its a bit rude to even ask in this circumstance.

Being a bit thick here, you making an assumption that someone on here would use whispered information for what exactly?
    And as someone who asked March for his address, Why am I considered rude?

I really hope I've got the wrong end of the stick here.
  • Options
    I couldn't figure it out myself either chaps, but it hasn't made any difference to anything,
  • Options
    Hi March, Just posted a little something for Freda to you. Hope it gets there ok.
    Have a good one.
  • Options
    Thanks mate, much appreciated, going to be a big bunch of flowers! Have a good time. Freda's still not herself, the missus spent last night round there, but she's cheering up today.
  • Options
    March, is it you that has the Charlton flag flying high on the 217?
  • Options
    yes mate, when I'm allowed to. Missus thinks the flagpole has something to do with the wall falling down in strong winds. Should be flying again soon.
  • Options
    Best part of driving to reigate that flag!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Would luv to make a contribution but i dont think you should whisper me your address. As she has the issue of these wankers knowing were she lives you prob dont wanna be whispering your address out to randomers on the internet. Personally i think its a bit rude to even ask in this circumstance.

Being a bit thick here, you making an assumption that someone on here would use whispered information for what exactly?
    And as someone who asked March for his address, Why am I considered rude?

I really hope I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Ok maybe im wrong then i just wouldnt put any of my details on the web in any circumstnce. Call me paranoid if you like but i dont trust anyone. I apologise for the rude comment and if you are genuine then good on ya, most CAFC fans are and wouldn't do anything, i know that, still dont make me trust anyone with my full address.