Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yado, Tuna, Carl - Off to work experience...

2»

Comments

• Options
    From Staines Massive fan's forum:-

User: Icedog - profile
    Views: 95
    As there has been no comment on the game at all I'll post a little something.

In my honest I felt Lewes deserved a draw, losing was a little bit harsh on them. They played a good game, passed the ball very well indeed and have a very promising young team who in a couple of years time could become a very decent team at this level of football.

Some the fans early defending was a touch shaky, Mambo in particular on his debut had a touch of the jitters including taking "out" a Lewes winger when he had very chance of winning the ball cleanly, a very cynical challenge in which he was lucky to escape without a booking. But the young centreback grew in confidence as the game went on and I was very please for him that he scored the equaliser. Two goals in a minute knocked the stuffing out of Lewes a bit and it took them a while to find their feet again but having piled on constant pressure in the last ten minutes they just could not find that equalising goal.

Tamer Tuna had an excellent match upfront, he showed real promise and really deserved a goal for his efforts, a great debut from him.

Three more points, ten points out of the last possible twelve, things are going very well indeed at the moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    From what I have seen of Tuna, think he should do well there and get some goals, think he is certainly someone who next year could be ready for League football. Would not be surprised to see him offered a contract at end of season, not sure about the the others
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]A much under-rated, two-footed full back

Yes, he could always run faster than a full back with only one foot.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Pell now gone to Hastings

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35467
    and Liam Bellamy to Merstham
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35492/url]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    and Craig Bellamy to Werst Ham

Or isn't he at the Massives now .....?

;o)
  • Options
    OK, I'll say it.

Who the f*** are Merstham?

Not even heard of the place let alone the team.

I can see the benefit in getting the players out on loan for experience, regular games and playing against men rather than boys but Merstham!

Ryman League 1 South that 3 levels below the Blue Sq Prem
  • Options
    Sounds like a league where each player has to pay weekly subs for hiring the ground and ref.
  • Options
    Same league Chris Dickson came from...

I think the league they go to gives some idea how the club rate them, and therefore who is likely to win a pro contract. Tuna, Mambo, Jenkinson all have a good chance, not so sure Bellamy or Pell will though. Likes of Ben Godfrey went on loan in the Isthmian leagues and ended up being released.

That said Jack Clark is pro and is only playing in the Isthmiam Premier, a level lower than Tuna, Mambo and Jenkinson.
  • Options
    Pity Ben Davisson is injured, looked handy in pre season and surely would have joined Mambo, Tuna etc in that type of league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now that we don't have a reserve league team, this is one way for our young lads to get regular competitive action at a physically tough level.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tuna now with Woking on work experience.

Still only Blue Square South, but it's all good experience for him. Harry Arter and Aswad Thomas are both there, and they're playing Welling on Saturday (who Carl Jenkinson is with).