Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO AFKA

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
I notice the newest member is a Hearts fan. Please can you delete all references to Izale McLeod from the board, we don't want them to pull out of the deal after reading some of the ridiculously slanderous posts about a player we all agree is a class act.

It would obviously be with a heavy heart that we would see Izale leave and I fear that we will miss his lethal finishing but every player has their price and we can't stand in his way.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    he just needs a goal and then i'm sure he'll kick on
  • Options
    ha, i did consider it !
  • Options
    He will be an enormous loss, and I am very unhappy he is going to leave.

However, as a Charlton legend, he goes with my best wishes on to even bigger and better success.

Hearts fans ... you are so lucky he is coming your way.

cough ... cough
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]
    It would obviously be with a heavy heart that we would see Izale leave and I fear that we will miss his lethal finishing but every player has their price and we can't stand in his way.

Many Thanks

If McCleod goes so do our promotion hopes....the ally mccoist of se london.
  • Options
    I'll be sad to see him go but we can't really stand in his way of a move to such a big club. He's been awesome for us so I wish him all the best.
  • Options
    It's a sad indictment of the modern game that players' contracts count for nothing when it comes to loyalty. We have given Izale his big chance, allowed him to build his reputation up to the level it is now only for him to jump at the first sign of a bigger club. It's a shame, but I suppose we have to accept that a club such as ours will always lose its eye-catching talent to bigger clubs. I just hope we get a decent fee to allow us to buy the appropriate cover - it may even take more than one striker to replace his goals, link up play, anticipation, football brain, shirt removing and pace.

Despite all this he would go with my best wishes.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Very quick striker. Cannot blame him at all for wishing to better himself in a higher standard of football.
  • Options
    Hearts fans, he is multi-talented ... able to use feet, head and even his elbows and forearms.
  • Options
    Mcleod has all the attributes to be successful in Scotland. Pace, a good shot and I bet he'll get used to haggas.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    We'll miss McLeod when he's gone. He was our replacement for Darren Bent:

Link:
    Izale McLeod ...... quality striker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They get Mcleod....

We get a new member....

Good swap I'd say...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We'll miss McLeod when he's gone. He was our replacement for Darren Bent:

Link:
    Izale McLeod ...... quality striker

He scored all those goals in our away or third kits. Remarkable!

<whistles>.
  • Options
    He is our Ali McCoist - a great loss to the team and an ace bloke.
  • Options
    He's Ronaldino in disguise
  • Options
    Even in the video of McLeods goals, there are still a fair few which he either scuffs in or nearly misses. Would be interesting to speak to an MK Dons fan to see how many sitters McLeod missed and if they were really that upset when he left especially for the fee!
  • Options
    i dont think 1 fan is really going to affect Mcleod moving tbh, unless they're a senior figure at hearts

so you all might aswell continue doing what u do best and moan about him :-)

im actuall 50-50 with him feel he cud be useful and think it is a confidence thing with him, wudnt care if he went or stayed either.....talk about on the fence
  • Options
    For me I would only like him to stay if Sodje or Mooney could not stay. If we get Mooney till the end of the season and or Sodje, I really don't see how McLeod would become a regualr starter
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]For me I would only like him to stay if Sodje or Mooney could not stay. If we get Mooney till the end of the season and or Sodje, I really don't see how McLeod would become a regualr starter

Thats a fair point mate, agreed with that one
  • Options
    Whichever club he goes to next, he will score lots of goals for them.

Its called the Ambrose-effect
  • Options
    the scary thing is as bad as he is i think mcleod's better than apko, based on what i've seen of apko ,which has admittedly only been in our last four games , i didn't see either of the games he scored in tbf but his touch in what i have seen is worse than mcleods (is that possible??)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is a lot of sarcasm on this thread but personally I am gutted.

Losing one of the best strikers in the country imo
  • Options
    He's a Judas, no two ways about it. Defoe and Parker were difficult enough to swallow .... but now THIS??!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Even in the video of McLeods goals, there are still a fair few which he either scuffs in or nearly misses. Would be interesting to speak to an MK Dons fan to see how many sitters McLeod missed and if they were really that upset when he left especially for the fee!

Scuffs!? I think you'll find that's clever use of spin. It's a bit like the way George Best used to play the ball off opponents legs on purpose. I'd go so far as to say he is Charlton's George Best, a once in a lifetime player that I feel honoured to have been able to watch over the last couple of years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He's Ronaldino in disguise

Very similar type of player although Izale has got more pace. I just hope when he goes we remember to put in an international appearance clause, it's only a matter of time until he graces the world stage.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    Christmas ruined for me. Worse than when killer went to Derby, Parker going to Chelsea, Freddie splitting with the Dreamers......Could herald the end of the Old firms domination of Scottish football if Hearts pull this off.
  • Options
    I am distraught. This news has ruined Christmas for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He's Ronaldino in disguise

Very similar type of player although Izale has got more pace. I just hope when he goes we remember to put in an international appearance clause, it's only a matter of time until he graces the world stage.

Apparently he qualifies through his granny to play for Tristan da Cunha.
  • Options
    What i like is his effort he gives at least 12% week in week out :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]What i like is his effort he gives at least 12% week in week out :-)

LOL