Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you think our defending was crap against Millwall .....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Very good, Stoner.

I went out with a bird once called Anna Gramm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Very good, Stoner.

I went out with a bird once called Anna Gramm

LOL
  • Options
    LOL stoner nice one :-)

Oggy thats cool cant wait to see your posts after your Xmas Drinks 2night :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]LOL stoner nice one :-)

Ha ha, Rupert ......... any posts I make might be a bit random.....(!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]LOL stoner nice one :-)

Ha ha, Rupert ......... any posts I make might be a bit random.....(!)

You mean they're not already ;-)
  • Options
    i look forward to them Oggy i will be on hand to pisstake when necessary :-)
  • Options
    I thank you, genitalmen ....... if I give it out, then I have to take it too!

;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Your a legend Oggy. Lots of love on the site today The Oggy appriciation thread will be next :-)
  • Options
    I liked Les Berry.

He played close on 400 games for us mostly in the second tier so must have done something right.

For the youngsters he was physically not dissimilar to Basey although considerably quicker (as exemplified by giving Eric Gates a start and catching him only to concede a harsh penalty when the ref fell for Gates' dive into the area against Ipswich in the cup) but had nothing like Basey's distribution skills as mentioned above. He had two options distribution wise. The backpass to the goalkeeper or the welly over the gabled West Stand.

Charlton through and through though and always played for the shirt. The fact that a player of his limited ability is still being discussed nearly 25 years after he left us says it all. There are not many players since Curbs left who will be remembered affectionately in 25 years time in my opinion although I almost certainly won't be around to know!
  • Options
    Remember in our promotion season at Selhurst and Berry had to step in because Pender (I think) was injured - maybe against Huddersfield? He played a blinder and even at one stage had the crowd shouting "ole" as he beat a couple of players and played a couple of one-twos in ten glorious seconds. He even had the time to look up and give a cheery wave to the crowd - or at least that's how I remember it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Lenny Glover said: "There are not many players since Curbs left who will be remembered affectionately in 25 years time in my opinion although I almost certainly won't be around to know!"

Oh, I dunno, Len ....... you could always change your user name to Duracell - you'll go on for ever.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Lenny Glover said:[/cite]"There are not many players since Curbs left who will be remembered affectionately in 25 years time in my opinion although I almost certainly won't be around to know!

Yeh. blimey Len, way to burst my Christmas bubble.
    I was just thinking how our outlook on Charlton past is often similar, then you come out with that cheery gem. ;-)

I propose a toast: - Here's to being introduced on the pitch when we're 90
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Lenny Glover said:"There are not many players since Curbs left who will be remembered affectionately in 25 years time in my opinion although I almost certainly won't be around to know!"
    Maybe in 25 years time we'll be comparing one of our young players to Basey. That player still won't be born for another 5 years or so...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Lenny Glover said:[/cite]"There are not many players since Curbs left who will be remembered affectionately in25 years time in my opinion although I almost certainly won't be around to know!

Yeh. blimey Len, way to burst my Christmas bubble.
    I was just thinking how our outlook on Charlton past is often similar, then you come out with that cheery gem. ;-)

I propose a toast: - Here's to being introduced on the pitch when we're 90

Will that be at The Valley in May, when we clinch promotion ......?

;o)