Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockport County in trouble

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't know about them finishing out the season. I've seen clubs collapse before this close to the end of a season.

I've heard about the 'not twice in admin' thing before. Would they technically be entering a second bout of administration when it comes round to 12 months after they went into it the first time?

Top 7 without Stockport
    1. Norwich 35 75
    2. Leeds 34 65
    3. Millwall 35 62
    4. Charlton 34 60
    5. Swindon 34 60
    6. Colchester 33 59
    7. Huddersfield 35 57

So the Spanners would leapfrog us, but we'd have a game in hand
  • Options
    A game in hand against who though?
  • Options
    There would be such much trouble if a club went out of business this stage of the season (I know it happened with Chester), there would be uproar left right and centre.

I just can't see it happening during the season, especially with just 9/10 games left.
  • Options
    our game in hand would be next saturday away to huddersfield
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]A game in hand against who though?

Carlisle, I guess. Or Colchester

EDIT the reason why I say this is that Millwall would be losing a home match, so our game in hand would be at home
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

Oh right, I get it. Our game in hand would effectively be against anyone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

Oh right, I get it. Our game in hand would effectively be against anyone?

It'd be at the same time as the Huddersfield match, but that'd leave us with more home games than they have, so I went for a team we're playing soon at home.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it more likely be the game that fell on the week when Millwall were due to play Stockport?
  • Options
    yes basically it aint rocket science and in that case Huddersfield away but it wont happen anyway
  • Options
    Let's hope not, primarily for Stockport County's sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of the conference sides want the Chester decision reversed and all unplayed games to awarded to the other sides so giving them three points.

Luton Chairman not happy. Have to love the turn of phrase.

"Ten Blue Square Premier clubs are demanding the points won from matches played against expelled Chester City should be restored.

The teams maintain Football Conference management was wrong to expunge Chester's playing record.

They are appealing to the Football Association in an attempt to overturn the decision.

The Conference has until 8 April to serve a reply, after which the FA will announce a date for a hearing.

The clubs are citing a precedent set in 2005 when the Northern League were forced to re-instate Spennymoor's record after the club went out of business.

But Luton manager Richard Money questioned the motive behind the appeal, which if successful, would mean the Hatters fall four points back in the title race.

Money told BBC Three Counties Radio: "I think it is a farcical situation."

Money, whose side drew twice with Chester, and therefore had only two points removed, said: "The League have made their decision, and as far as I'm concerned, that should be binding.

"I'd have a little wager that it is partly because we have won the last four games and people are suddenly flapping a little bit.

"When the decision was originally taken we were a little bit further behind. Now we are a little bit closer and suddenly one or two are beginning to mess their pants a bit and trying to overturn it.

"Everyone in this league has done everything they possibly can this year when they play us, and when they don't play us, to keep us in the Conference next season.

However a spokesperson for the 10 clubs, believed to include league leaders Stevenage and second-placed Oxford United, said: "The decision to expunge points so late in the season was not the right way of dealing with this situation.

"By the time Chester were expelled, 80% of the playing season had passed and we believe it would have been fairer to all to have awarded teams three points for the un-played games, a solution the FA has previously implemented.

"This way all events that happened on the field of play, whether they be points gained or lost, bookings, injuries, bonus payments, goals scored etc all count, which is as it should be.

"We do not believe it is fair that points and the record of goals scored are expunged, yet bookings incurred in those games remain in force and count towards match bans".

Earlier this month Blue Square North side Fleetwood launched a similar appeal after Farsley Celtic's results were expunged when they went out of business.
  • Options
    How about this for the teams who haven't played Stockport:

Total points gained at end of season divided by 45. Then add this figure as the 46th game.

So if you get 80 points from the 45 other games then you're given 1.7 points for the Stockport game, thus finishing with 81.7 points.

If not then at least the teams should be made to travel to Stockport, run around a pitch for 90 minutes and travel back to get their 3 points. They shouldn't be given 3 points for nothing. If they are then the league should re-imburse all the other clubs for the travel and hotel expenses that were incurred in WINNING the 3 points.
  • Options
    I quite like that idea.

They should have to travel to Edgely Park and play an imaginery team, as if they were playing County. They should be assessed by a panel consisting of a mix of some of the pools panel, the dubious goals comittee and Alan Hansen. They should be assessed on how much of a real game they made of it. For eg, a good manager would make the players run out to an imaginery away crowd and clap.

To gain extra points they need to play a full 90 minutes against an imaginery team and give a good a account of themselves, but not an unrealistic one. Teams who claim to win excessively should be marked down for example.

I would suggest we would go there (if we hadn't already - going there for a second time wuld be stupid) we would maybe defend resolutely for 15 minutes. Sam Sodje would throw himself in front of imaginery shots and maybe Elliot would slide into a brave challenge with an imaginery centre-forward and gash his imaginery forearm.

After 15 mins we would take imaginery control and start knocking it about across the five man mid-field. Maybe Parky would even play Jonjo? Or even better, bring him on with 20 to go.

Anyway, just before half-time we could nick a goal. Bailey from an elaborately worked free-kick against an imaginery wall. After that we could maybe hang on, and who knows, nick another in the last minute.

After the game, bonus points would be on offer if the team came over to 'us' and threw imaginery shirts into the crowd (did I mention they were naked?)

Then they would give interviews to children for charity and drive home in whatever imaginery coloured baby bentley they wished.
  • Options
    Pathetic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]I quite like that idea.

Dear oh dear