Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christian Dailly

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Not in the starting X1 or on the bench why?

Fire up the u boat if already done!

Comments

• Options
    Hes ill according to OS, also out for Brentford

Llera is a walking disaster waiting to happen
  • Options
    Llera played well today
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Hes ill according to OS, also out for Brentford

Llera is a walking disaster waiting to happen[/quote]

Llera in the 94th minute, how is that a disaster waiting to happen. He was great today and deserves his place back in the team.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Player ratings:

Jpb Junior and Big Red Evil mark Llera ....... 8.

Falconwood marks Llera ...... 4

;o)
  • Options
    LLera was imense today with a great finish for the 2nd. How any one can come on here and say anything bad about the bloke after today is beyond me.
  • Options
    Watch his defending on their 2 goals. Hes great in the air, pisspoor when its knocked to feet in the box.

Best finisher in the club though!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Watch his defending on their 2 goals. Hes great in the air, pisspoor when its knocked to feet in the box.

Best finisher in the club though![/quote]

At least he was still on the pitch to do the defending, unlike Sodje (cost us 2 points to add to the 2 he cost us at Yeovil) and Burton.
  • Options
    Totally agree, those two should be fined to the max.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well said valleyman, one of their goals game from the left of the box and the other the right, which one was he supposed to stop again. I haven't seen them again yet but I will be surprised if they are both his fault. If no one makes a mistake every game will end up 0-0. Give the guy a break he has awesome today and it was only at Colchester where he has really let us down. How many of Millwalls 4 were down to him, oh that will be none as he was on the bench
  • Options
    Typical Llera defensive performance, did lots of things very well, however, a couple of air kicks in his own box is what you come to expect from him. Finish for the goal was different class, so I'll say on reflection he was good today.

Far more use to us than Sodje. He is a nutter. The challenge was shocking, why did he need to do it? Did the same at Norwich on Boxing day 2 years ago. If I was Parky he'd be getting a big fine.

Couldnt believe people around me applauding Sodje when he walked off.

Thought the sending offs were about all the ref did right today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as per the second half at Yeovil I'd wouldn't criticize any of the 9 who actually played today but to criticise Llera is beyond me. He's no worse a defender than Sodje and a couple of times this season hasn't deserved to be dropped. Sodje has cost us points today, along with Burton, and that was his fourteen career sending off. 'we've got Sam Sodje, he's fucking quality' just goes to show how fall we have fallen in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yeah Llera is quality.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]as per the second half at Yeovil I'd wouldn't criticize any of the 9 who actually played today but to criticise Llera is beyond me. He's no worse a defender than Sodje and a couple of times this season hasn't deserved to be dropped. Sodje has cost us points today, along with Burton, and that was his fourteen career sending off. 'we've got Sam Sodje, he's fucking quality' just goes to show how fall we have fallen in my opinion.
    Said before I think Sodje is a backup Championship defender at best but always read on here how good he is and how much of a liability Llera is. I agree there's not much of a difference between them. Sodje has more pace but Llera is better at passing the ball out of defence.

However Sodje has done a very good job for us most games this season, as has Dailly and generally Llera has done fine. Llera makes a few too many mistakes at times, but so does Sodje, just seems the mistakes he makes aren't as obvious.
  • Options
    Blimey, Trevor Scoham Brooking!
  • Options
    Haha, just saying basically I agree there's not much difference in quality between them, both make mistakes. League One they're generally both good, and that's fine with us being in League One.
  • Options
    Theyre both average players who make mistakes that usually cost us points Llera at Norwich and Colchester and Sodje at Yeovil and today. Thats a lot of points but you have to expect mistakes at this standard.
  • Options
    The thing is as fans we like Sodje because he is decisive even if that leads to the odd ill-judged challenge, whereas Llera, despite his clear ability in the air, lacks decisiveness on the ground. In truth both have strengths and are capable at this level. I am not alarmed that Llera may be back in the team, concerned though as to who will partner him?
  • Options
    Think Llera is unfairly criticised on here. More than adequate at Div 1 level and always gives 100%. Not any worse than Sodje and his distribution is better. He is tall and ungainly and I think that is often misinterpreted as being a poor player. Glad he got his chance today and what a goal. Sodje out for a while now so lets see how bad Llera really is.
  • Options
    Llera didn't just turn up at Charlton randomly or by accident.

He had a very effective 2nd half of the season at Milton Keynes last season, a key reason why they made the play offs - and it was in Division One.

He's proven in this division. He would have been noticed and watched, which is why Parky pursued him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Hes ill according to OS, also out for Brentford

Llera is a walking disaster waiting to happen[/quote]

totally agree i have never rated Llera and even after his goal today im not gonna change my mind he just doesnt look comfortable and without dailly and sodje i think we could have a problem.
  • Options
    Parky did not say 100% that Dailly is out for Monday, also I reckon Parky knows how important he is for us and Christian himself imo is the type of player who would not mind playing when not 100%, therefore I would hope we may take a risk and play him Monday, or at least have him on the bench incase we struggle early on and things go tits up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I am not alarmed that Llera may be back in the team, concerned though as to who will partner him?

Hi Bing, did you make it today? If you did, you must have been reassured by Semedo in the back four, and Spring played well too, so he could slot into Semedo's midfield berth.

Interesting report you sent about the Norwich-Huddersfield game BTW.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What worries me is that Dailly had a relatively poor game against the Spanners (allegedly). Maybe he was already playing at less than 100% in that game.

I can't help thinking that Parky won't risk playing him unless he's close to 100%.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I am not alarmed that Llera may be back in the team, concerned though as to who will partner him?

Hi Bing, did you make it today? If you did, you must have been reassured by Semedo in the back four, and Spring played well too, so he could slot into Semedo's midfield berth.

Interesting report you sent about the Norwich-Huddersfield game BTW.

Couldn't make it today PA, its my nieces 21 birthday (It only seems like yesterday her dad (Palace fan) rang me to tell me about her arrival - wipes away tear). So missed a thriller again and had to put up with smuggness all bloody afternoon/evening!

I am heartened by what you say about Semedo. He's rapidly becoming our talisman.
  • Options
    Bailey and semedo are fighting for MOTM from me.
  • Options
    Delivered a motor to Ian Pearce the other day and asked him if he fancied a comeback alongside Dailly at the Valley. 'No', he said, laughing, ' Christian's a big boy, he can look after himself ,he doesn't need me to look after him now!'
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Llera let his man get away from him for both of their goals.
  • Options
    Thanks covered end junior, I thought I was the only one watching the game.

Reading some of the comments on the players ratings thread makes me wonder. . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]Llera let his man get away from him for both of their goals.

[cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Thanks covered end junior, I thought I was the only one watching the game.

Reading some of the comments on the players ratings thread makes me wonder. . .

If we're going to start chucking blame around then you could argue that they should never have been allowed the time to get the ball into the box to Llera's man in the first place - but then we only had nine men so I think we can maybe forgive them for a few cracks appearing every now and then.