Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Merry Xmas to Sodje and Burton you deserve our applause ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Ref was terrible,however Burton and Sodje both let us down in this match,it was like coming away with 3 points in the end though

I went to buy a programme in the east stand before the game my mate asked me who the ref was and the bloke selling the programmes said "They are the worst officials in the League a trio of W*****s" and how right he was although i can't complain about the sending offs but i can about the total lack of common sense from the ref and the complete failure of the eyesight of both his assistants.

But well done Charlton,i've not gone that mad since Southampton away and Iwelumo's winner :)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]"so why the booking?"

Because they 're the rules. Same as if someone deliberately handballs it like Burton did. Common sense is all very well with niggly fouls but they were both blatant yellow cards and nine out of ten referees would have done the same.[/quote]
    The Laws of the Game also state that if a player leaves the pitch without the refs permission that is a caution. So why was Basey booked for dissent but their bloke scores and then hurdles over the hoardings and celebrates on the track and nothing happens? The ref was far too inconsistent.[/quote]

I'm not sure about when he hurdled the hoardings - looked like he was trying to get out the way of the sliding tackle to me. Both red cards were well deserved, we can't complain about either of them. The ref wasn't great - stopping play too often in the first half and missing a lot of fouls from their defenders - but he's nowhere near the worst we've had at the Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]"so why the booking?"

Because they 're the rules. Same as if someone deliberately handballs it like Burton did. Common sense is all very well with niggly fouls but they were both blatant yellow cards and nine out of ten referees would have done the same.
    The Laws of the Game also state that if a player leaves the pitch without the refs permission that is a caution. So why was Basey booked for dissent but their bloke scores and then hurdles over the hoardings and celebrates on the track and nothing happens? The ref was far too inconsistent.

I'm not sure about when he hurdled the hoardings - looked like he was trying to get out the way of the sliding tackle to me. Both red cards were well deserved, we can't complain about either of them. The ref wasn't great - stopping play too often in the first half and missing a lot of fouls from their defenders - but he's nowhere near the worst we've had at the Valley.

i agree with that