Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ross leaves the bbc

So he has gone....... not negotions, never was..... expect to see him on commercial tv soon

Comments

• Options
    Shame, not! couldnt stand the bloke personally
  • Options
    Yea he will get a job on commercial tv somewere soon. Wonder why he quit.
  • Options
    His contract was up then, right?
  • Options
    Great presenter. Love his Friday night show when I'm awake to watch it. Was good on Film 200? too.

Would be interesting to see if ITV or Sky have a go at doing what Jay Leno and other Americans do ie a five night a week late evening show.

Don't think it's ever been tried on UK TV.
  • Options
    dont you mean jonothan woss anyway!
  • Options
    I always liked him in Gangs but my fave was his part in Eastenders - a theatrical genius if ever there was one
  • Options
    Lets hope he's not off screen or radio too long. Think you might have something there Henners...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't think it's ever been tried on UK TV.

Didn't Lily Allen on BBC3? :-S
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Did she? How many nights a week?

Still BBC3 and Lily Allen is not the same as Ross on ITV1 or Sky1 every night. : - )
  • Options
    I'll miss his Saturday morning show on BBC Radio2.It's very good. Excellent mix of music, guests, chat and funny stories. Good double act with Andy Davies too.
    The TV show had it's moments but a bit too obsequious sometimes. His interviewing of beautiful women was pitiful.
    What will Ricky Gervais, Alan Carr, Jimmy Carr and Jack Dee do now? Appear on Loose Women I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    What will Ricky Gervais, Alan Carr, Jimmy Carr and Jack Dee do now? Appear on Loose Women I guess.

LOL - nice one Chirps.
  • Options

You missed out Gordon Ramsay!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]

You missed out Gordon Ramsay!

Fuck!
  • Options
    Ross interview technique:

Man - stick head so far up interviewee's arse that he can smooch their transverse colon.

Woman - ugly - patronise to death
    fit - lech like a freshly released sex offender

At least we are going to save the ridiculous amount of money that some c*ck in the BBC saw fit to give him.....

Unfortunately, every silver lining has a cloud........prepare for even more Graham Norton. He's gay apparently. You'd never guess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Ross interview technique:

Man - stick head so far up interviewee's arse that he can smooch their transverse colon.

Woman - ugly - patronise to death
    fit - lech like a freshly released sex offender

At least we are going to save the ridiculous amount of money that some c*ck in the BBC saw fit to give him.....

Unfortunately, every silver lining has a cloud........prepare for even more Graham Norton. He's gay apparently. You'd never guess.
    I think Norton is hilarious. His chat show is the only genuinely funny chat show on tele. He's camp, get over it.
  • Options
    Si 22 minutes ago quote# 4
    His contract was up then, right?......
    contract comes up for renewal this summer, but it was rumoured that he would take a pay cut, as he is so high profile, along with Graham Norton etc. That was NOT the case I am informed.

Obviously got a little pissed as being the scape goat of bbc high earners...... He is leaving the bbc full stop, including the radio and film review programme.

He has his own production company so will not starve, and felt his tv prog was becoming stale anyway, but became an easy target to have a go at.

Personally speaking I think the Indies will be queing up to sign him, although I thought he was overpaid was good at what he did. Oh well there is alway's Davina god help us......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Still BBC3 and Lily Allen is not the same as Ross on ITV1 or Sky1 every night. : - )

I thought Graham Norton had something like this on BBC1/2 to justify his huge (publicly funded) salary ? Can't say I've ever watched it as I would imagine it would basically involve the ingredients of everything G Norton’s ever done in his entire career i.e. talking in a funny voice excitedly, turning everything into a double entendre and highlighting things from the net that are supposed to be funny. Which aren’t.

Surely Sky 1 will snap Ross up and at least then his huge contract will be funded by people who have a choice wether or not they pay the subscription fee.
  • Options
    Yeah BBC 3 'silly Lilly' was a disaster.. like Davina, the idea of tv execs going for the let's get someone young and in touch with young people........ Little bit more to it that that guys. otherwise sign up Cheryl Cole...... second thought's please don't
  • Options
    Ross's TV show used to be ok but since the Sachs fiasco, he had to listen to what the BBC told him, and the show wasn't as good after that, and all he did was arse lick his guests.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Im not too sure, thats what i meant with my confused smilie thing :-S I know it was taken off air after about a month due to low figures! :-)

I like Jonathon Ross but his only problem is that on his chat shows he sucks up (which i understand he has too to some extent) but then on his film show he will absolutely ruin the same actor!....altho id do it for £6m per year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that is the prob Chris, all the celebs that you can get on want to plug the book, film, show, dvd etc, the reason Parky gave up originally......

You end up dragging your media mates on, or end up talking up second rate 'superstars', or hasbeens........

When you try something new, people complain and want the 8 minute pr spin to sell there new product.......
  • Options
    Are Four Poofs and a Piano on E Bay yet?
  • Options
    I think he's fantastic at his job and there is no one better on British Television. It's a real shame. Hopefully he'll pop up on another channel, but don't think it will be as good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Are Four Poofs and a Piano on E Bay yet?

PMSL!
  • Options
    First Wogan, then myself, then Ross..... all the 'talent' is leaving the bbc,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]First Wogan, then myself, then Ross..... all the 'talent' is leaving the bbc,

There's something not quite right about that sentence but I can't put my finger on it : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]First Wogan, then myself, then Ross..... all the 'talent' is leaving the bbc,

BBC still have the Chuckle Brothers though!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]First Wogan, then myself, then Ross..... all the 'talent' is leaving the bbc,[/quote]

There's something not quite right about that sentence but I can't put my finger on it : - )
    '
    Just being 'Ironic' Ben........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]

'
    Just being 'Ironic' Ben........

So you are saying Wogan has no talent? Unbelievable : - )
  • Options
    Well besides the 'floral dance', 12 million listerners, and and being a 'icon' I guess so......