Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ross leaves the bbc

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yes, Graham Norton is hilarious...if you're the kind of person who reads Heat magazine and think that every minute requires at least two jokes about bumsex. Your gay, Graham. We get it FFS.

Having said that, I realise that it's more likely to mean another show for the ubiquitous oxygen thief that is Michael Macintyre. What a f***ing cretin.
  • Options
    Let Dale Winton have more air time!!...''Brrrrrring on the wall''
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Yes, Graham Norton is hilarious...if you're the kind of person who reads Heat magazine and think that every minute requires at least two jokes about bumsex. Your gay, Graham. We get it FFS.

Having said that, I realise that it's more likely to mean another show for the ubiquitous oxygen thief that is Michael Macintyre. What a f***ing cretin.
    Wow, so which comedians do you like?

I don't read Heat, I'm not stupid, I'm straight, but I think Norton is very funny. He has good rapport with guests, he blends interview with other features, and is more of a comedian than Ross will ever be. He makes 'gay' jokes much less frequently than Ross makes straight jokes - they're sex jokes, just Norton happens to be gay.
  • Options
    Ross going? That's good news...........may free up some space for someone with genuine talent. The point of a chat show is to bring out something interesting about the guests, not for the host to impose himself as the star of the show, often leaving the guests trying not to look bemused and embarrassed as Ross shamelessly vaunts his self-absorbed personality.
  • Options
    Totally agree with Sevensix.
  • Options
    not sure his contract was up, thought he had two years left
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I like Jonathon Ross but his only problem is that on his chat shows he sucks up (which i understand he has too to some extent) but then on his film show he will absolutely ruin the same actor!....altho id do it for £6m per year!

Can't agree with that VG. I have always made a point of seeing what he says about films he does not like when talking to the stars of said films. He is an absolute master of discrection. He will avoid making any direct comment about the quality of a film he does not think is any good. He may praise aspects of the film he does like eg "Nice wardrobe" or "Good lighting", but unless pushed into a yes/no answer - as Mylee Cyrus foolishly did - he is very diplomatic without being hypocritical.

Chris from Sidcup's point is a good one, lets hope he can do what he likes if he takes his show elsewhere, it will be so much better.
  • Options
    Paul Ross leaving BBCLondon94.9 ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I like Jonathon Ross but his only problem is that on his chat shows he sucks up (which i understand he has too to some extent) but then on his film show he will absolutely ruin the same actor!....altho id do it for £6m per year!

Can't agree with that VG. I have always made a point of seeing what he says about films he does not like when talking to the stars of said films. He is an absolute master of discrection. He will avoid making any direct comment about the quality of a film he does not think is any good. He may praise aspects of the film he does like eg "Nice wardrobe" or "Good lighting", but unless pushed into a yes/no answer - as Mylee Cyrus foolishly did - he is very diplomatic without being hypocritical.

Chris from Sidcup's point is a good one, lets hope he can do what he likes if he takes his show elsewhere, it will be so much better.

If you read Ally Ross, the TV critic, each week he has his own Jonathon Ross hypocrit corner. What he says on his show and then on Film 09.
  • Options
    Ross , Norton and the like have a certain appeal and talent but the BBC invariably over exposes these people and eventually viewers become sick of them.

I suspect Ross recognises that fact and is acting accordingly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is part of the problem Len, you pay them big money and feel you have to maximise there exposure.

I think he got tired with the ever increasing restrictions at the bbc, and he does like to push the boundaries, I really think he felt his time was up at least for the next few years.

I felt his best was a few years ago, but he is a big name at the bbc. Would not be surprised if he lays low for a while then returns to TV, and radio like Chris Evans, but at the revamped ITV.

His position was becoming an issue for the 'management' at the bbc and the chairman seemed to be alway's carping about his salary, and his behaviour etc. Personally speaking I am sad to see him go as I enjoyed his shows, but he was not without his faults, but he did have an ability to be entertaining most of the time.