Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker V darts. Which one is a sport...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Darts is a game you play in the pub, not a sport, the concept of people like Phil the Power Taylor being a sports personality is poor, hes just a man who enjoyed spending his youth in pubs throwing darts and drinking. Have you seen the state of some of these Darts players sports personalities i think not. Snooker is not a game you play in a pub getting sloshed with mates you couldnt thats what pool's for. So my opinion Darts is not and will never be a sport Snooker is a sport but the least energetic however probly one you need the most concentration for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Darts is a game you play in the pub, not a sport, the concept of people like Phil the Power Taylor being a sports personality is poor, hes just a man who enjoyed spending his youth in pubs throwing darts and drinking. Have you seen the state of some of these Darts players sports personalities i think not. Snooker is not a game you play in a pub getting sloshed with mates you couldnt thats what pool's for. So my opinion Darts is not and will never be a sport Snooker is a sport but the least energetic however probly one you need the most concentration for.

So you think Snooker is a sport but Pool isn't?
  • Options
    Snooker, Darts, Pool and Fishing are all in the same camp as Poker, Chess and Cluedo - not sports but games of skill and in some instances chance - each requiring no more physical effort than it takes to get to work in the morning.

I believe the acid test that should be applied is "would it ever appear in the Olympics" ?
  • Options
    The problem I have is that people get the hump when I throw darts at the table and you should see the way the red balls bounce off the wire.
  • Options
    well golf is going to be in the olympics, yet tom watson, at the age of 59, came within a 3 foot putt of winning the open last year. if you measured the strength/fitness of him against the rest of the field, i'm sure he would be in the bottom 1%.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Snooker, Darts, Pool and Fishing are all in the same camp as Poker, Chess and Cluedo - not sports but games of skill and in some instances chance - each requiring no more physical effort than it takes to get to work in the morning.

I believe the acid test that should be applied is "would it ever appear in the Olympics" ?

I disagree only in that poker and fishing have chance involved as you say PL54, so i would not put them in the same category as the others you mention. To me a sport or a game has to be purely down to skill.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]The problem I have is that people get the hump when I throw darts at the table and you should see the way the red balls bounce off the wire.

Yea that well annoys me too. When people think they are class at darts and take it well seriously and getmad at people who are rubbish "its a pub game not premier league darts"
  • Options
    Is horseracing a sport?