Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Major Earthquake in Haiti

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]that little lad has now raised 110k for haiti. Power of the internet is amazing.

charlie

that's quite incredible.

Not so much the kid - but to have raised £111k is staggering and it restores some of my faith in humanity. I hope there is a massive crowd there to see him do it too (and collection buckets too)
  • Options
    i jusst refreshed that page a couple of times... it is going up by 100's every other time!
  • Options
    he did it yesterday. i saw it on the news bulletin yesterday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]I think AshTray might have been a bit misunderstood here.

As I see it, he is simply pointing out that some 'tragedies'/causes seem to take prominence over others, and that the size and extent of the tragedy does not often correspond with the public response to it.

His 9/11 vs. Haiti comparison is pertinent here; suggesting that atrocities involving third world countries always seem to be at the bottom of the pile in terms of public reaction and response.

Personally, I think he has a point
    Exactly how many millions did the British Public give after the tsunami to help the remote Indonesians, Somalis, Sri Lankans etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]I think AshTray might have been a bit misunderstood here.

As I see it, he is simply pointing out that some 'tragedies'/causes seem to take prominence over others, and that the size and extent of the tragedy does not often correspond with the public response to it.

His 9/11 vs. Haiti comparison is pertinent here; suggesting that atrocities involving third world countries always seem to be at the bottom of the pile in terms of public reaction and response.

Personally, I think he has a point
    Exactly how many millions did the British Public give after the tsunami to help the remote Indonesians, Somalis, Sri Lankans etc

In relative terms; a fraction of what was given to the families of 9/11.

As an aside, did anyone else think what the Taliban would have thought had they seen the soldiers tonight shaking their buckets in an half empty stadium. Didn't our army used to be revered?
  • Options
    I don't imagine the Taliban watch League One games. All plastic Man U and Liverpool I'm guessing. C**nts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I don't imagine the Taliban watch League One games. All plastic Man U and Liverpool I'm guessing. C**nts

They refuse to embrace it cos they heard it was a "Shia" league.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I don't imagine the Taliban watch League One games. All plastic Man U and Liverpool I'm guessing. C**nts[/quote]

They refuse to embrace it cos they heard it was a "Shia" league.[/quote]

Now THAT is a great line.