Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Oak (yet again)

13»

Comments

• Options
    yes well i can see why you would prefer to take them to the Oak then. if early take them to the anchor but a bit of a trek i know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I cant take to the lib its drab!! I know the service is better but i'm just hoping the oak will get its act together!!

Yeah a couple are half interested in the gills and a couple are neutrals but were just having a lads day out so it should be good fun. We may head to the lib but unsure yet

bloody snob
  • Options
    Based on the above I'm gonna give the Oak another go but will start off with the tried and tested Anchor at midday. Out of interest any other Lifers going to the Anchor tomorrow?
  • Options
    will probably start going to the oak pre match once the weather improves , having a 6 year old with you limits winter drinking
  • Options
    losing our identity everywhere. didnt go in before but went in afterwards and was mainly gillingham fans in there.

I left about 7 booing my head off as i left as i didnt want to be drinking with the jills.

(just kidding F&H i left to go and eat.)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]losing our identity everywhere. didnt go in before but went in afterwards and was mainly gillingham fans in there.

You must have been in the wrong part of the pub. All Charton fans in the part of the pub i was in (Go straight as you walk in), from what i could see.
  • Options
    I did not notice any Gillingham fans in the Royal Oak. On a postive note the real ales on and in ood condition, and servic equick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]losing our identity everywhere. didnt go in before but went in afterwards and was mainly gillingham fans in there.

You must have been in the wrong part of the pub. All Charton fans in the part of the pub i was in (Go straight as you walk in), from what i could see.

Wrong part of the pub? Charlton fans stand all around the pub usually! Call us crazy but we like to stand in different parts each time.

Anyway i wont say too much as ill sound like a snob but it was a bit gruff in there on saturday. And it must have been obvious there will jills in there as you never normally hear charlton songs being sung at 7pm - especially after a draw. Felt like trouble was brewing when i was leaving.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]

Wrong part of the pub? Charlton fans stand all around the pub usually! Call us crazy but we like to stand in different parts each time.

Anyway i wont say too much as ill sound like a snob but it was a bit gruff in there on saturday. And it must have been obvious there will jills in there as you never normally hear charlton songs being sung at 7pm - especially after a draw. Felt like trouble was brewing when i was leaving.
    Must have missed the singing then as i was gone before 7, and never give it a moments thought that there were away fans in the pub after the game.
  • Options
    Well you probably didnt see the Jills supporters - they were the ones wearing jill's tops.

but they were around the other side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well you probably didnt see the Jills supporters - they were the ones wearing jill's tops.

but they were around the other side.

You've just answered your own question there :-)