Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

our strikers..

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm not digging Burton out, as I said some of the forwards have attributes in other areas of the pitch (Burton being the best example, Mooney similar) but in front of goal in open play ....................................... nada
  • Options
    So who's our Beckford/Holt/Lambert?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]So who'sourBeckford/Holt/Lambert?

Dickson? ....oh.

Seriously, it's a good question though.

It's not just the theory of evolution that's looking for the missing link.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And don't give me the penalities rubbish.

Sorry WSS but the penalties is a valid point. Take them away and Burton has 8 league goals in open play this season, not enough in my book to be considered prolific. Next best striker has ? Total league goals by our stikers in open play ?
    Compare the stats to other teams in our league and there maybe a problem or there again it may be obvious enough. We have lacked punch up front all season. I agree that Burton needs someone much better than we have playing off him, but while we don't, we'll continue to cause league 1 defences few problems.
  • Options
    Problem is, that are all lacking confidence Burton was quiet last night other than a few good flicks in the first half, 2 needs games and Mooney is a shadow of the player who joined us. For what it is worth when 2 was on the pitch we had our best period and second half despite having far more of the ball we looked hapless going forward. Was 2 injured or did he react to the misses?
  • Options
    Mr Mooney done more in his 30 minutes last night than the other 2 doughnuts done all night. Burton has been good but is off form at the moment, Akpo god knows what he does i thought shyte on the deck maybe god in the air 6 yards out cant no power in a header straight at the keeper. Mckenzie is obviously not in the plans. the discussion was last night though in the old days bad form dropped to reserves to rediscover with no reserves do you think this slows our players come back?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]. We have lacked punch up front all season.

More like we have lacked punch up front since Baby Bent left.
  • Options
    We always have lacked punch, apart from sporadic intervals since killer retired. We find someone that can deliver but they only manage to do it for two seasons and then we are struggling once more
  • Options
    All this going on about strikers is missing the point, it is now 11 games on the trot without a clean sheet, and during the season what is it 6 or 7 games with a clean sheet. It is the defence that is the problem if you do not concede goals you do not loose
  • Options
    try telling Norwich that !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching the game last night every time there was a ball put into the box we only ever had one forward in there! When mooney came on he was drifting out and putting the ball into know one. We really have a pants forward line and have done for three seasons now.

Why not try Bailey just behind Burton, little knock downs at the edge of the box you know he will smash them in! That way we get to play two wingers and have Racon and Somido in the middle!