Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey's a Cheat...

Comments

• Options
    da dum da dum da dum da dum da dum
  • Options
    Is that Jaws?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Is that Jaws?

No thats DERN DERN DERN DERN DERN DERN DERN
  • Options
    You've got it right Rodders - we aren't that good. We have found our level in the 3rd division and will be hoping for a playoff place at the end of season.

There are a lot of people who would have us believe that we are brilliant and that Parkinson is the Messiah but unfortunately neither are true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]You've got it right Rodders - we aren't that good. We have found our level in the 3rd division and will be hoping for a playoff place at the end of season.

There are a lot of people who would have us believe that we are brilliant and that Parkinson is the Messiah but unfortunately neither are true.

Thats my fear...the play offs are effectively cup games with the final being more pressured than the FA Cup final itself and I dont think we have the character or mental toughness to go up that way as there seems to be a completely different mentality within the club than when we last went up that way.

Ive been overly optimistic over the past few years to the point in owing my step dad £600 after betting him that wed bounce back to the prem a couple of times then stay up in the champ.

Unfortunately now i dont see anything optimistic happening on or off the pitch at the moment and havent done since the board impotently gave Parkinson the job and if that makes me pessimistic well so be it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Has anyone watched it again?

I actually thought he was punched in the face seeing it again.

Thats not the point its the fact he could miraculously get up and sprint to the ref when the goal went in. Why didn't he get up and sprint to try and stop the goal. Refs are clearly aware of his playacting and are dealing with it accordingly. You cant be captain marvel then roll around like a girl (sorry girls) everytime your touched

I don't disagree that it cost us the game but it's a goal that shouldn't have stood because he was hit int he face.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I don't disagree that it cost us the game but it's a goal that shouldn't have stood because he was hit int he face.

You are right. But its also true that he chose to react in a way which didnt help the team, and it characterised his performance last night. But again, that is well below his performances of recent weeks, which is one of many reasons why the whole thing was so disappointing.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and how those two muppets in the studio can say it was 50:50 is beyond me. Since when has a small tug on a shirt been the same as a deliberate whack in the face with an elbow? Ah, but then one of the muppets is the manager of Millwall.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]You've got it right Rodders - we aren't that good. We have found our level in the 3rd division and will be hoping for a playoff place at the end of season.

he's not the mesiah no but Youga back, a left winger and a decent striker in and we could look a much better team. No other manager could have done much bettter over the season so far.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

he's not the mesiah no but Youga back, a left winger and a decent striker in and we could look a much better team. No other manager could have done much bettter over the season so far.

Yes they could. Paul Lambert for one.

And hasnt he just come out and said no additional players required so that scraps chance of new left winger and decent striker which in your view would make us a much better team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's an endless number of good managers that get appointed that go onto do well. Grayson is proving to be another. O'Driscoll. Adkins. The hand wringing, who else could lil old Charlton have got, is wearing deeply thin. He's doing OK, but he's not in the league of that bunch.

Also Peterborough took a punt on Fergusson, Preston on Irvine, Preston on Davies and if you want to go back a bit Preston on Moyes, Huddersfield on Shankley :-): it is possible to appoint a very good manager that hasn't got an immediate track record. For me John Collins could have been a fantastic shout. They are out there, but there's clearly risks attached.
  • Options
    I was asked how Bailey cost us last night.

1 he was so hurt that he was rolling in agony after a hard challenge.

2. He was so hurt that he couldnt get up

3. Hang on they have scored yet i am so hurt i must jump to my feet to remenstrate with the ref without a mark on my face or a drop of blood,

why couldnt he have done that to get back in position and try to help out.

Nicky Bailey has been rolling around like a pussy for weeks if it was someone doing it to us you lot would be bleeting , for weeks people have been saying it has to stop and now maybe it will
  • Options
    No NLA, you said he cost us against Hartlepool then edited the post. I wish I'd quoted you now.

It matters not. I guess I have to realise that some supporters will never be happy unless they have something to be unhappy about.

Think I'll log off here for a while. It's far too depressing to read the constant stream of negativity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]No NLA, you said he cost us against Hartlepool then edited the post. I wish I'd quoted you now.

It matters not. I guess I have to realise that some supporters will never be happy unless they have something to be unhappy about.

Think I'll log off here for a while. It's far too depressing to read the constant stream of negativity.

No he never he said he cost us last night just as wss said after your post. Go back and check where it says it was edited...Lets not start making false accusations
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]No NLA, you said he cost us against Hartlepool then edited the post. I wish I'd quoted you now.

It was in fact you that edited your post beause your had jump in spurted off without actually reading his post. Its always handy to have the facts
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Really:

* nth london addick
    * CommentTime4 hours ago
    was pointed out loads after Hartlepool Bailey rollling around cost us last night

Notice the lack of 'edited' which you can see on all the other posts that HAVE been edited.(I've edited mine to make it nice and simple.)
  • Options
    I stand corrected. I thought NLA had written more than that originally.

That said, some basic grammar wouldn't go amiss!

My point is - why do people feel the need to label our captain a cheat? What purpose does it serve?
  • Options
    PLAY TO THE WHISTLE
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I stand corrected. I thought NLA had written more than that originally.

My point is - why do people feel the need to label our captain a cheat? What purpose does it serve?

Good question. Every week no matter how well Bailey plays you have certain detractors moaning about how many time he rolls over when tackled. Seems for a few it is the only reason they go to matches anymore. Very sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    look bailey is our best player everyone knows that
    but when drogba/ronaldo or whoever behave like he does they are cheating foreign premiership mugs or welsh twats like robbie savage ...
    he's our little wind up but last night as has been pointed out his histrionics caught up on him but he is still our best player and is not immune from criticism ...
    why are people so precious about anyone getting criticized
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]There's an endless number of good managers that get appointed that go onto do well. Grayson is proving to be another. O'Driscoll. Adkins. The hand wringing, who else could lil old Charlton have got, is wearing deeply thin. He's doing OK, but he's not in the league of that bunch.

Also Peterborough took a punt on Fergusson, Preston on Irvine, Preston on Davies and if you want to go back a bit Preston on Moyes, Huddersfield on Shankley :-): it is possible to appoint a very good manager that hasn't got an immediate track record. For me John Collins could have been a fantastic shout. They are out there, but there's clearly risks attached.

It's easy to spot that they're good managers once they've been appointed and done well though isn't it Morts? I'm not saying you're wrong about not always needing to look for an established name, but can you imagine the up roar if we'd sacked Pardew and appointed someone who was managing in the conference? For every punt that comes off there is at least one punt that's ended in disaster, and probably 3 or 4 in truth.

For what it's worth I think Parky is doing a good job this season. As I've said elsewhere, I think his tactics and in-game decisions cost us the points last night but he's changed games in our favour too this season - home to Swindon being a prime (and recent) example. With regards the season as a whole, we got off to a flyer, then got sussed and he changed things around. That brought better results, without maybe the flowing football. Maybe we're getting sussed a bit again - it'll be interesting to see what he does now. He might bury his head in the sand or he might change things around again. It's easy to blame tactical naivity, but there's always a bloke in the other dug-out trying to out smart. Just like every dribble or shot by a player can't come off, neither can a manager be fairly expected to never lose the battle of wits. He's certainly at least shown that he has more than one idea about how to set a football team up.

Maybe someone else would be setting the division a light with us, but I'm really not convinced anyone would have done better than Parky has done, given the restrictions placed on him making signings in the summer. Big Mig's been a bit hit and miss but all his freebies have been good solid signings, his loans have improved us and we know he wanted to do something by about the left side in August by signing Puncheon. We've only got his word for it but he seems he was shafted on that one by the take-over stuff.

The one thing he's not truly sorted is the goalscorer, but Norwich and Saints were able to invest proper cash to get one in. Leeds already had one. Maybe he missed a trick on Jordan Rhoades on loan, but then he's not scoring as regularly as he was. I can't guarantee Parky would have made a good signing if he'd had money to invest in a striker, but he was never given that option and neither would Lambert or Adkins or O'Driscoll, Grayson or whoever else we might have appointed in his stead.

I'm not totally convinced Parky is the man for the long haul, if he'll have what it takes once (if) we're back in the Championship but I do think he's doing about as well as can reasonably be expected this season, and we are at least no longer the complete basket case we used to be, and that's not just down to us falling into division 3 and coming up against weaker teams. He's probably not a genius, but he at least seems competent and I think it was important the man in after Pardew was at least that - we really didn't have much left to gamble with.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]Done to Death Last Month?

now now.
    we'll have no bringing up that some people "told you so" nonsense. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]PLAY TO THE WHISTLE

Spot on Dazzler.
  • Options
    oohaahmortimer:
    "...cheating foreign premiership mugs or welsh twats"

What an educated post.

Let me ask this:
    If we'd won last night, would this thread have been started?
  • Options
    I questioned Parky about Bailey's play acting months ago and asked if he could get him to cut it out,as it was embarassing. He said he hadn't seen it himself. (Maybe he was simply defending his captain and best player)

I wonder if he has yet ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    cheers Unc and Stu didnt realise that i was being accused of Editing tsk tsk

quote][cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I stand corrected. I thought NLA had written more than that originally.

My point is - why do people feel the need to label our captain a cheat? What purpose does it serve
    ?[/quote]

Basic grammer is easy for those folks who dont have the reading and writing issues i have but there you go some basic maners wouldnt go a miss.

[cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]oohaahmortimer:
    "...cheating foreign premiership mugs or welsh twats"

What an educated post.

Let me ask this:
    If we'd won last night, would this thread have been started?

yes because Nicky Bailey has to stop doing this it is un called for and embarrsing we had threads about Van Persie and Ronaldo and other cheats (thats what it is when you simulate something that did not happen)

[
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry to see this thread re introduced, I had hoped it would go quietly off the radar.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Agreed SA but he shouldnt do it,

Ronaldo was Man yoos best player,

Van Persie

Drgoba, Anelka, Steve G all great players who dive around like they have been shot uncalled for and totally annoying for teams they play against i dont like them sort of players and i dont like it at the club i support if more fans moaned about their own players maybe they wouldnt be so inclined to do it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Sorry to see this thread re introduced, I had hoped it would go quietly off the radar.

No doubt we will have another detailed account/analysis after Saturday's game, SoundAs!