Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

lloyd sam

Comments

• Options
    And if SAM need to "up his game by 50%" then I suggest the rest of the team may need to up there's 100%!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Lloyd needs to up his game by 50% on Saturday for me to change my mind, he needs to stop looking tired after 10-15 mins and get past the fullback atleast 10 times in the 1st half and 10 in the 2nd time
    So basically he needs to play like a top Premier League winger dropped into League One? Why go past a full back when he can get a cross in?

It's like saying you expect Bailey to win 10 tackles in each half and never give away the ball not even once.

[cite]Posted By: johnpaul5[/cite]And if SAM need to "up his game by 50%" then I suggest the rest of the team may need to up there's 100%!!

yes to both
  • Options
    Don't know how to do a quote on this page from the page before, but Oggy you've got the right idea especially where my Lloydie is concerned, just wish a few others would follow your example ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]Don't know how to do a quote on this page from the page before, but Oggy you've got the right idea especially where my Lloydie is concerned, just wish a few others would follow your example ;-)

We dont know who loves him more you or Oggy i would be careful he may nick him off you
  • Options
    Well your being completely unrealistic and you know it...

If he really was as bad as you think he is he'd have lost his place months ago.
  • Options
    What Lloyd might nick Oggy off me - NEVER !! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Well your being completely unrealistic and you know it...

I disagree i think it is about time that Lloyd Sam proved that he is as good as i think he can be, he needs to step up and by playing to the best of his ability go past players like they are not there,

Are you saying that Lloyd is a 3rd division quality player because i dont think he is i think he is better than that and for us to go up he needs to be the best that he can,

[cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]What Lloyd might nick Oggy off me - NEVER !! ;-)

I have heard Lloyd loves Oggy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Well your being completely unrealistic and you know it...

I disagree i think it is about time that Lloyd Sam proved that he is as good as i think he can be, he needs to step up and by playing to the best of his ability go past players like they are not there,

Are you saying that Lloyd is a 3rd division quality player because i dont think he is i think he is better than that and for us to go up he needs to be the best that he can,

[cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]What Lloyd might nick Oggy off me - NEVER !! ;-)

I have heard Lloyd loves Oggy

I think we've got ourselves a love triangle
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No I think he's a decen Championship winger, at least on his day. Expecting him to dribble past the left back 20 times is not going to happen no matter how well he plays. If he did it 3 or 4 times, he'd be crowded out after that. the players and managers at this level aren't so bad that Sam could beat them so easily.

As said he's not lightening quick, but does have quick feet. That let's him create space to put crosses, so he doesn't always have to dribble past defenders.

Said before Bailey, Dailly and others don't dominate for 90 minutes and play well every game, why is Sam unrealistically expected to? He's one of our better players, not our star player by a long way. The left backs in this league aren't so bad that Sam will have the better of them every time he has the ball.
  • Options
    The left backs in this league are cack absolute cack, that fella on Monday and the Hartlepool place were absolute toilet,

How many times did our Full back Fraser get past him after running the length of the pitch? at least 6 times, why is it unrealistic that our winger should atleast double that amount of times? maybe 10 times in each half is unrealistic but Lloyd only manged it 3 times the whole game not good enough.

His quick feet should mean he is stretching the play the last 2 games he narrowed the play, by constantly going inside he took away the the only natural width we had on the pitch and made us eay and predictable to defend,

IMO he was the worst player on the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]IMO he was the worst player on the pitch

You obviously shut your eyes when Llera went near the ball then.
  • Options
    Six times? Really? At least a couple of times he did it he lost the ball and it came to nothing. It reminded me a bit of Yassin - looks impressive but only useful if he gets a decent ball in (which he did a few times to be fair)

Why does Sam have to play that way though? He got in some good crosses playing his own way.

If the left backs are that bad, I presume a lot of other positions are, so why doesn't Bailey control the midfield for 90 minutes and every game? Why don't Shelvey's and Basey's corners always result in a good attempt often enough?
  • Options
    Yes he did have a couple that he lost the ball from but he had run the length of the pitch and looked knackered, Lloyd should be doing that from inside their half therefore be less tired after the explosive running, Sam Lloyd has told us of the records he holds so he is pressumable more than capable of a turn of pace

lloyd needs to strike the fear of god into the fullbacks that he comes across he wont do that by cutting inside,

No defender likes to defend a ball put in front of him whilst he is facing the goal miss the ball the striker should be there, get it right the ball goes for a throw or corner get it wrong and it may nestle in the back of the goal, If sam cuts inside the defender is back to goal facing the attacker and alot more comfortable, then Lloyd needs his quick feet to put him on his arse, i know what i would rather defend

He needs to do his job which as a winger deliver the ball into dangerous areas, yes his hold up play was ok, and he has quick feet but did that cause panick in their defence , No so it was not working yet when he put that ball in to the box in the 1st min of the 2nd half they were petrified and we as fans were thinking go on Lloyd thats what you need to do, this is not be bashing Lloyd for the sake of doing so i think he is a good player and in this league should be a great player.

[cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]IMO he was the worst player on the pitch

You obviously shut your eyes when Llera went near the ball then.

He did ok for 60 mins Llera not great but he did ok last 30 mins i have already stated shocking absolutely shocking
  • Options
    Really he should be going down the line to cross AND cutting inside, depending on the situation. That way our play is less predictable. If he cuts inside he can shoot or cut it back. He did get crosses in, so you can't really say he was always cutting inside. Yes he can do better, but he's not been doing that badly in the first place. He's set up or scored over 10 goals which while isn't outstanding, is good (similar record to Bailey in fact, who rarely provides assists)

I just think people are critisizing a player far too much who is actually doing his job well, even if he has room for improvement. No player has played well every game or even dominated for 90 minutes, it's not just Sam who has obvious weaknesses to his game.

He lacks aggression, directness, movement and fitness compared to other players, doesn't score regulary, so I can understand why he frustrates. He is having a decent season though and has an end product to his game. Something many wingers we've had have failed to show.
  • Options
    His fitness is appaling and if i was him i would be worried as hell, he looks fooked after 20 mins he is young man he should be flying for atlest 60-70 mins,

the rest i agree with and if i didnt rate him i would be less pissed off with him, i am fed up seeing player with potential not doing it enough for us
  • Options
    Boring! this is getting very boring now, Sam should do this he should do that. you can see he gives his all, only debate should be about his fitness why he cant seem to do it for 90mins or he fades in and out of games

I would hate to see him go and would be sorely missed, All the haters i cannot see your point how ever much times you try to argue it its a load of bull

Sorry have been reading this thread for days now just thought i should have a say, although i think i may of previously
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Boring! this is getting very boring now, Sam should do this he should do that. you can see he gives his all, only debate should be about his fitness why he cant seem to do it for 90mins or he fades in and out of games

I would hate to see him go and would be sorely missed, All the haters i cannot see your point how ever much times you try to argue it its a load of bull

Sorry have been reading this thread for days now just thought i should have a say, although i think i may of previously

its not bull its an opinion
  • Options
    Perhaps it would be easier to do a poll on who likes him & who dislikes him.

Sam lloyd, LOVE'S HIM xx

End of ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry north but your opinion is wrong. Fuelled by some bizarre superman like expectations of a player. Not many players in the country who can sprint full tilt for 60-70 minutes, get past their player 10 times and whip in deadly crosses whilst also cutting inside. You must be mental mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]Perhaps it would be easier to do a poll on who likes him & who dislikes him.

Sam lloyd, LOVE'S HIM xx

End of ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Sorry north but your opinion is wrong.

Both of these made me laugh :-) good idea sam lloyd!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

thats fine chunes me old mucka i reckon yours is
  • Options

Round 2 (I fear) ding, ding
  • Options

thats fine chunes me old mucka i reckon yours is

Fair enough NL addick you are entitled to your opinon but this is getting a bit out of hand, like you have a vendetta against him? i think you have had your say now no need to drag it on :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]the rest i agree with and if i didnt rate him i would be less pissed off with him, i am fed up seeing player with potential not doing it enough for us

i rate him i just think whilst we dont have a 20 goal striker he may be the key to sucess
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]Perhaps it would be easier to do a poll on who likes him & who dislikes him.

Sam lloyd, LOVE'S HIM xx

End of ;-)

Both of these made me laugh :-) good idea sam lloyd!

Cheers johnnybev, think it's gonna fall on deaf ears though. Where's Oggy when you need him eh. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]the rest i agree with and ifi didnt rate himi would be less pissed off with him, i am fed up seeing player with potential not doing it enough for us

i rate him i just think whilst we dont have a 20 goal striker he may be the key to sucess

So NLA, do you like or dislike him - cards on the table time......................can we have a drum-roll please ;-)
  • Options
    I'm here Sam, got the lurgey though, been throwing up ..... so can't punch anyone on the nose today, soz.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm here Sam, got the lurgey though, been throwing up ..... so can't punch anyone on the nose today, soz.

lol bit harsh Oggy ;-)
  • Options
    i like him and i rate him but at times he really pisses me orf
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i like him and i rate him but at times he really pisses me orf

Message received lloyd loud and clear, NLA !!

;o)