Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

American Addicks?

Comments

• Options
    Colorado and Utah would have been driven by myself I believe....
  • Options
    One here from Northern California

• Options

Where are you? I'm in Walnut Creek.

• Options
    I know a family of ex-season ticket holders now living in Georgia. I will get them to sign up.:)
  • Options
    The Georgia Addick is now in the house! Thanks Baron, for the intro!
  • Options
    Welcome @Jimmy_Floyd
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi Jimmy, Ben here.
  • Options
    welcome JF
  • Options
    Checking in from Seattle
  • Options

Where are you? I'm in Walnut Creek.

Fair Oaks, Just north of Sacramento. Born in Woolwich.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How often to folks get back for a game?
  • Options
    I try and get over at least once a year. I was back in October and back again in April (Oldham, Warsaw, Carlisle) for the promotion push. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Great stuff....any of you heard of a small town called Addicks in Texas......near Houston? Yes, there really is such a place.
    Maybe some of you should try getting in touch with some of the locals.
  • Options
    You wouldn't be Micky Sellens by any chance would you?
  • Options
    Am hoping to change my user name to TampaAddict in the next few months
    make sure you spell it right.
  • Options
    Am hoping to change my user name to TampaAddict in the next few months
    make sure you spell it right.
    LMFAO

• Options
    You wouldn't be Micky Sellens by any chance would you?
    Could be as it is Michael
  • Options
    Great stuff....any of you heard of a small town called Addicks in Texas......near Houston? Yes, there really is such a place.
    Maybe some of you should try getting in touch with some of the locals.
    About 2,000 miles away from me Soundas. :-)
  • Options
    Well guess where I'm from. Slightly better odds than hitting the MegaMillions.
  • Options
    A few Seattleites I see. anyone up for a beer before or after the next home Sounders
    game after tomorrow? Can't make that one unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Born and raised in Rochester, NY, but been an Addick for about 14 years now. Got the chance to attend Goldsmiths in South London during 2009-2010. Ended up not only going to a few matches, but got to tour The Valley and meet Paddy Powell for an article I wrote for my grad school class. Nice guy. The bill I ran up at the Valley Superstore would have been embarrassing had I not timed my purchases correctly during sales. (Seven DVDs, four shirts, two balls, one hat, one scarf.)

I'm going to be bugging people I know over the next few months for a whole lot of merchandise - or is that solely an American thing, I wonder?

In any case, the home shirt was worn proudly this morning...
  • Options
    Good for you KidFlash
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Nice one @KidFlash!
    Giants or Jets?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Neither. I'm an hour from Buffalo, so that would mean the Bills.
  • Options
    Very happy that we are back in Championship next season and in the Premier League the year after!
  • Options
    I live on the treasure coast of Florida..been here 10yrs, miss the valley, but keep up very closely with the beloved.
  • Options
    Jimmy_Floyd"Very happy that we are back in Championship next season and in the Premier League the year after!

We all hope you are right. Should I put money on it??:))
  • Options
    @Florida_Addick are you married mate?
  • Options
    @KidFlash, similar trajectory mate, in that I fell in love with Charlton as a student at Goldsmiths, living first in SE7 just across from The Valley.
  • Options
    Nice. I don't think I would have spent as much if the tickets weren't so affordable (silver lining of being in League One, I guess). But the tickets were (for the most part) in line with what I would pay for Rochester-based minor league teams.

In fairness, the shirts were progressively cheaper as the year went on. Paid full price for a home one, and then the next ones I bought were ten and five pounds, respectively. So I have a home, road, and a 100th Anniversary one (the only time where my, um, American girth paid off as they had an XXL on the racks).

The only problem was that I wanted a League One patch for the sleeves and they wouldn't put it on, as the sponsor change had already happened. So my Ebay search continues...