Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views vs. Tranmere

Comments

• Options
    I think we will make the play offs, and only a week ago we were in alot better position to make the top 2.

A lot of football left, we have been playing poor for quite a while but been getting results, now we aren't. So hopefully Parky finds out what's wrong, changes things and stops the rot.

These 2 away games look hard, and tbh I don't expect to get much from them unless we improve, but away from home, Leeds/Norwich wrapped up for the top 2, pressure will be off, hopefully back to 4-5-1 so we can be more solid and we hopefully can regain some confidence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Absolute shite once again today.

Parkinson is not the man to get the club out of the shit.

No Racon? When you have done something other than get us relegated Phil then you can leave our best player out of the team cos you dont see eye to eye.

Promotion? Well be in a League 1 relegation battle next year with this set up.
    Racon was deservedly dropped from CM, and then said he wouldn't play on the left.

He's a talented player but not our saviour or best player.

I'd like to see him back in the team but there are plenty of other reasons why we aren't playing well rather than Parky leaving out Racon.

I defended Sam after Monday, but thought he was poor today. Lost the ball more often and crosses weren't too good. Biggest problem looks to be a lack of confidence and belief, something Wagstaff has at the moment. Might be time to start Wagstaff to add more energy and directness. Tranmere slowed the game down and Sam's not the kind of player to up the tempo.

When there's a lack of space Sam helps us keep the ball better, there are games he's the better option but might be time for a change. With Reid here now we can play 451 with 2 out and out wingers.
  • Options
    Fair points Scoham but i dont think hes been as poor to not even justify a look in after half time today. Technichally i would say he is our best player.
  • Options
    When reid want off I don't think there was anyone boing him just Parkinson, while I can understand he couldn't last 90 minutes he had provided an out a bit of speed and urgency ; Sam had not; which Wagstaff proved later by running at their left full back . No doubt we will see more of Sam and Wagstaff will continue to not get the chance he has earned.
  • Options
    I have a feeling we'll sneak back into the top 2. There's loads of football to be played and Norwich will hit a bad patch. Keep the faith Addicks. COYR
  • Options
    im sure norwich were saying the same about us when we couldnt stop winning....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Fair points Scoham but i dont think hes been as poor to not even justify a look in after half time today. Technichally i would say he is our best player.
    to be fair Elliot going off didn't help his chances. I do like him but he became complacent, which I think had a lot to do with him being dropped.

Problem is really finding a place for all our CMs. There are good arguements for all
    of them to start but there isn't room for all of them.
  • Options
    A lot has already been said that id agree with.

Tranmere deserved their point (at least) but why did they bother time wasting, looked far more dangerous second half.

Would have been nice to get a winner to shut the fella behind the goal up with the No5 on his back up.

I bood when he took Reid off instead of Mooney, that was a piss take.
  • Options
    Complete crap.
    Two players impressed yesterday; Sodje and Reid, but what was Parky thinking when he took bloody Reid off instead of Mooney, who i definitely don't think we should have extended the loan of. Lloyd Sam looked like he didn't care whatsoever. He lacked a sence of urgency and I think Wagstaff should start the next game. I think McKenzie looked quite sharp too. I think he should start instead of Mooney
  • Options
    clem i agree 100% with everything you wrote good post and put a lot better than i could.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    There were eleven wearing red
    And Tranmere said
    Roll over, roll over,
    So Mooney rolled over and the fans fell out
    There were eight in the bed
    And Walsall said……………………………

Doesn’t have to be Mooney, unfortunately there’s several to choose from.

Promises of takeovers, take overs fail to materialise, no money, loans brought in to plug the gaps, dressing room gets upset, fans get on the backs of players and manager.
    Think my brain's got into the wrong season.

Reid is good and we're still in with a chance, but not if the fans don't do their job and support.
  • Options
    we av been shite since the millwall game since that game we av been knocked out of our stride ,what the f--k was parky thinking taking of reid he was the only player with any urgency ,and whatever certain supporters think of Lloyd sam i dont care he is a t-sser he couldnt get the beating of their left back so he thinks f--k it im not up for this waggy comes on and takes the game to their left back and we look more dangerous ,i think wagstaff should be a must for the next game and we should go back to 4-5-1 i dont like it but we look more comfortable as a team playing that way as early results show , we also have no imagination in our play and our recent results show we are heading for a play off place and unless we sort it out we will stuggle to win them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: alfdaviescafc[/cite]Complete crap.
    Two players impressed yesterday; Sodje and Reid, but what was Parky thinking when he took bloody Reid off instead of Mooney, who i definitely don't think we should have extended the loan of. Lloyd Sam looked like he didn't care whatsoever. He lacked a sence of urgency and I think Wagstaff should start the next game. I think McKenzie looked quite sharp too. I think he should start instead of Mooney
    Parky's reason for the sub is in here and on the OS. Fitness related, his
    calves tightened at half time, Parky wanted another 15 minutes from him
    and he gave that.

Was a good post by clem. Sam I think it was a mixture of him tiring out and losing confidence. Made a few mistakes and he lost any belief in himself that he had.

451 turning into 451 for the 3 away games might be the way to go. Reid and Wagstaff are
    more direct than Sam and would try and get in behind. Dickson is really out only striker that will try to do that so we're better off with 2 direct wingers trying to do it.

That would free up a place for Racon or Shelvey who would both try to get some passing on the floor going.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]please enlighten me as to last last performance you thought we played well in ?[/quote]

Brentford at home...september[/quote]

exactly september its now jan or havent you noticed totally agree with nss,

4 months ago fantastic promotion form.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    can only log on via phone so hard to write much but depressing.

Still can't fathom the substitutions but what summed it up for me was semedo needing 3 touches for a forward pass to bailey when, in the Good times, that was one touch.

No snap or spark and chances not taken.

2 games away sides have come at us and got a result.

Reid and waggy in a 451
  • Options
    Most has already been said.

Positives

Reid - looked good and subbed apparently because of a tight hamstring so no criticism of Parky

Baileys goal scoring - makes him undroppable but the rest of his play was really poor yesterday

Richardson - gradually getting back to form

Waggy - still looks worth a punt from the start

McKenzie - want to see more of him

Negatives

Sam - looked like he wished he had stayed in bed. He was pants against Hartlepool, excellent against Orient but poor in this game. Clearly he was up against a decent full back but really with his ability, he should be better than that performance.

Mooney - No Rooney is he. Frankly I haven't seen anything much in him and he didn't change my opinion. He was just totally ineffective. Play McKenzie from the start please or go back to 4-5-1

Baileys passing - woeful

Burton - lacked any understanding with Mooney and seemed frustrated and unfocused to me

Hope Robbie isn't out for too long.
  • Options
    This squad has plenty of ability. Whether it is loss of confidence, the wrong tactics or the wrong combination of players the buck now stops with Parkinson. Do your job man.

The substitutions were wrong. Reid and Sam came off just when we looked like taking control. Tranmere couldn't cope with anything coming into the box. Reid may not be 100% fit but he had enough in him to carry on.

From a neutral perspective, the first half has to be one of the worst excuses for a game of football put on by two sides since I don't know when and most of the second half excitement was a product of incompetence. Jesus, this is an awful division. You just can't justify charging people to watch that - my guess is everything below the championship will be semi-pro within the next ten years.
  • Options
    My view was that Tranmere came to hassle us, close us down, pack midfield and keep the game tight. They did this very well, and we had no imagination to break them down or open up the game. Once we went behind, I feared for us, and would have taken a point at that stage.

I think Mooney would have come off if Elliot hadn't been subbed early, so Parky's hands were tied once he decided to take off the wingers. Waggy looked good replacing Sam - I hope he starts at Walsall.

Thought the atmosphere was crap - I hate the booing, even though the performance was shocking, how will it help? I think we stand maore chance away if that's what happens at the Valley. Agree play offs look more likely now, but two away wins without the oppressive and negative atmosphere may yet change our perspective on the season.

But it's a bad five points lost this week, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Our midfield used the ball so poorly today, giving the ball away willy nilly.

Bailey was our saviour, and also the reason we needed saving. His passing was the worst ive seen of a professional footballer. Even when the ball found its target it was either uncontrollable or the wrong choice of pass. He's a brainless player. Fact.

However, he is dynamite in the box, time for him to have a different role in the team; in the hole
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]
    Bailey was our saviour, and also the reason we needed saving. His passing was the worst ive seen of a professional footballer. Even when the ball found its target it was either uncontrollable or the wrong choice of pass. He's a brainless player. Fact.

I don't think it's that clear cut. I thought his passing, and overall performance, were fantastic at Brentford away and he absolutely ran the game from midfield. He clearly has it in him and I wouldn't write off his passing ability or footballing brain off the back of 2 poor performances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Racon? When you have done something other than get us relegated Phil then you can leave our best player out of the team cos you dont see eye to eye.

I find that fucking hilarious, I bet a month or two ago when we were beating Dons 5-1 at home...he wasnt our best player!Jeez i think some of you guys really look for some excuses to moan!
    I still really like Parky and i still think he is the man to take us up, yes we havent played well for a while BUT that could change soon enough. Just keep the faith.
    Theres alot of people on here I bet who were singing Parkys praises months ago when really they hated him all along....who did you want instead?Mourinho?Capello?Hiddink? Just accept that were going through a rough patch, its not like we havent seen it before.Thats why we all love Charlton after all, or is it?Are some of you still trapped in the premiership years?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]
    [/quote]

I think to call a midfielder with 11 goals this season alreeady "Brainless" is crazy, but to play him in the "hole" may be worht a punt I guess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]I think to call a midfielder with 11 goals this season alreeady "Brainless" is crazy, but to play him in the "hole" may be worht a punt I guess.

He scores goals because of his drive, his commitment, his heart. I don't take this away from him and i think he's a massive player for us. But we need someone who can pass a ball to play in the middle or we have to resort to long balls
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]

I find that fucking hilarious, I bet a month or two ago when we were beating Dons 5-1 at home...he wasnt our best player!Jeez i think some of you guys really look for some excuses to moan!
    I still really like Parky and i still think he is the man to take us up, yes we havent played well for a while BUT that could change soon enough. Just keep the faith.
    Theres alot of people on here I bet who were singing Parkys praises months ago when really they hated him all along....who did you want instead?Mourinho?Capello?Hiddink? Just accept that were going through a rough patch, its not like we havent seen it before.Thats why we all love Charlton after all, or is it?Are some of you still trapped in the premiership years?

Get off your high horse luv.

- Glad it amused you.

- I have thought Racon is our most talented player for a long time and a cut above the average in this league.

- I dont look for excuses to moan, i dont need to as the club have provided enough the past few years without having to do any searching. I pay my money to the club and can express my opinion whether its right or total bollocks on an internet forum.

- Quoting Bon Jovi albums is not going to convince me that Parkinson is the man to take us up.

- Never sung his praises because he hasnt done anything to warrant it in my eyes but will happily lavish him with praise and eat humble pie if he proves me wrong if he gets us out of the league he got us relegated to.

- There are lots of untapped managers out there who work wonders on lesser budgets with lesser squads so no i dont think cherlish mentioning of Mourinhio, Capello or Hiddink are plausible.

- Not stuck in the premiership years but then again im not a deluded fool who will swallow being told that "We've been here before and worse" becuase that asks the question why havent we learnt our lesson then. And if im expecting to much for asking for a manager who can guide us to better than 3rd in the 3rd division and failure to beat Leyton orient and tranmere at home well then im an ungrateful bastard.
  • Options
    The team must be well relieved they are not playing at the Valley for
    the next 3 games. Like last season, nobody will want to take that extra touch, or 3 or 4
    cos they are playing with nerves. Well done the boo boys.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]The team must be well relieved they are not playing at the Valley for
    the next 3 games. Like last season, nobody will want to take that extra touch, or 3 or 4

You're right - it's all the boo boys fault we took 1 point from Orient & Tranmere.
  • Options
    I couldn't be arsed reading the other comments as I was so disappointed. Hope you don't bother reading this too.

The display yesterday was to me sub standard and ive played and seen better football with better positional and skill. I am not against Parky but here comes the but; if he could not see what was going wrong on saturday then I might as well have a bash at managing at a professional level. Mr Sam covered the entire pitch and must have counted every blade of grass as he spent more time looking at it than he did running into position! And this could be said of Mooney although he just ran about but doesnt seem to realise that there are other people on the pitch [defenders] that want the ball too. Although I didnt boo at the end (I'm too old in the tooth now and have seen worse) I am starting to wonder what it takes to be involved in professional football..?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]The team must be well relieved they are not playing at the Valley for

You actually dont know how true that is. I bet the next game is a much better performance
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cant remember when the last time i booed ----- WW in the 1/4 final of league cup maybe ? but FFS please dont blame people making silly noises for the total KAK that we have seen in the last 3 games.
    o dear o dear people geting a tad pissed off that we where shit against Orient and Tranmere ? one point from these two home games and inneither did we pan these outfits we didnt DESERVE anymore the we got from these games . God knows what the problems are but it aint people making silly noises.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Cant remember when the last time i booed
    WW in the 1/4 final of league cup maybe ? but FFS please dont blame people making silly noises for the total KAK that we have sen in the last 3 games.
    o dear o dear people geting a tab pissed off that we where shit aginst Orient and Tranmere ? one point from tese two home games and inneither did we pan these outfits we didnt DESERVE anymore the we got from these games . God knows what the problems are but it aint people making silly noises.

Yes GH I do see your point, and there are obvious problems beyond people making silly noises, but whatever wages the players are on, they are human and if the crowd really supported them and got behind them instead of baying negatives like a load of sheep, they would play a darn sight better.