Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Job Centre Phone Calls

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
Just had the most boring phone call of my life from the job centre about me wanting to claim benefits, 20mins of me going "yup" and "nope", I could of done something much more entertaining in that time.

And why they gave me an appointment at Job Centre tomorrow at 8:20am is beyond me, I want to sleep, do they not understand that :(

Comments

• Options
    I can't decide whether this is just a very sad wind up or if Nathan is just very sad.

Or possibly both

Either why I reckon if we ignore him he might go away.

Don't feed the troll.
  • Options
    yeah Nathan but if they call you any later you might have left for work
  • Options
    Clearly a wind-up but Nathan, stop jacking off every morning over Lorraine Kelly, get out of your sticky pit and get a job.

A prime example of why they should re-introduce National Service.
  • Options
    Do people not know how hard it is to find a job atm, the only jobs going are managers and assistant manager positions, and somehow I dont think I have enough experience for those jobs
  • Options
    Look harder, join agencies, apply for an apprentership. Its really not that hard, your just making excuses.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how about get up at 8.30 and stand outside the job centre before they open. early bird catches the worm and all that.

this site is helpful sometimes, but its not going to carry you through life. stop seeking attention and try harder. its easier to get a job when you've already got one so you should take anything you can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Do people not know how hard it is to find a job atm, the only jobs going are managers and assistant manager positions, and somehow I dont think I have enough experience for those jobs
    Well it might be a bit easier if you hadn't taken the piss at your last job and not been told never to darken their door again.
  • Options
    but if he gets up at 8.30 wont he be late for his 8.20 appointment?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I can't decide whether this is just a very sad wind up or if Nathan is just very sad.

Or possibly both

Either why I reckon if we ignore him he might go away.

Don't feed the troll.

You saw what happened when someone mentioned pixies, you really don't want to tell me we have trolls as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we are wasting out time. Nathan arent you the guy that got the tin tack from an xmas job cos you used two different excuses why you couldnt work in the space of about 3 days, instead going to charlton?

I mean, im stumped that a lazy youngster, with no experience, a history of employment termination, and who wants to work 2 days a week....without getting up before 8:30am, cant get a job.
  • Options
    Go and do some voluntary work, go and help someone who needs helping.

You might not get paid - but the rewards can go way beyond just money.

And at last you'll have something decent to put on your CV.
    Prospective employers like that - it marks you out as somebody they might like to employ.

Give it ago. You've no idea where it can take you!

;o)
  • Options
    I applied for British Heart Foundation last year, and they never got back to me :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I applied for British Heart Foundation last year, and they never got back to me :(

Well, go and apply to somebody else, then ....!!!

Or just turn up on a charity's doorstep - and ask if you could help?
  • Options
    I applied for betterware around my area, and they should get back to me by the end of this week hopefully
  • Options
    Betterware betterbeware
  • Options
    I believe Mr J Acworth esq was booted off this site for posting what were perceived as constant wind-ups/attention seeking threads........admin?.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I applied for betterware around my area, and they should get back to me by the end of this week hopefully

Betterware is your own business, Nathan.

You have to buy your own catalogues, you have to drop them off at every address in your area.
    And it might be raining.

Then you have go round to collect them, check for orders, process them.
    The goods are then delivered to your address.

Then absolutely as soon as possible as your customer is waiting, you have to deliver.
    And it might be raining.

Then do it all again, ad infinitum - and treat your customers as special, so that'll they'll want to buy from you again.
    Don't forget the paper work, keep good records, fill in your own tax return and pay the Inland Revenue.

It will be hard work - but if you work hard, over time you can build a useful income from your own business.

Good luck, if you choose to work hard and build your own business!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I applied for British Heart Foundation last year, and they never got back to me :(

I think you must have been bypassed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]

lol

Sure it wasn't a clot ....?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My heart bleeds for him.

Get you lazy arse around your local garden centres NOW as they will be recruiting for the summer and Easter NOW.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

lol

Sure it wasn't a clot ....?

;o)

Ha ha, well the murmur is that he was beat to position by somebody who lives out in one of the London arteries.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

My heart bleeds for him.

Get you lazy arse around your local garden centres NOW as they will be recruiting for the summer and Easter NOW.

Don't listen to this. There is no need to actually go anywhere - just email them.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Do people not know how hard it is to find a job atm, the only jobs going are managers and assistant manager positions, and somehow I dont think I have enough experience for those jobs

With Easter coming up the shops will be looking for extra staff for the holiday period...........Oh S*** you've tried that.
    What about joining the "Rozzers with Dazzler, Charltonlifes very own "Starsky and Hutch" ; )
  • Options
    Oohahh is looking for a data analyst....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I applied for betterware around my area, and they should get back to me by the end of this week hopefully

Betterware is your own business, Nathan.

You have to buy your own catalogues, you have to drop them off at every address in your area.
    And it might be raining.

Then you have go round to collect them, check for orders, process them.
    The goods are then delivered to your address.

Then absolutely as soon as possible as your customer is waiting, you have to deliver.
    And it might be raining.

Then do it all again, ad infinitum - and treat your customers as special, so that'll they'll want to buy from you again.
    Don't forget the paper work, keep good records, fill in your own tax return and pay the Inland Revenue.

It will be hard work - but if you work hard, over time you can build a useful income from your own business.

Good luck, if you choose to work hard and build your own business!

You could always punt it around The Covered End on match days, there's a few likely lads up there who would buy their old Mum a bit of Tupperware. Plus you've the Liberal and Con clubs before the game.
  • Options
    Get out there and get a fucking job you bone idle git so i dont have to get up at 7 every morning support you.

Jesus wept.
  • Options
    I dream of getting up at 7. 7 is a lay in
  • Options
    Having had some experience of the job centre recently (luckily now behind me, horrible place), I know it doesn't open until nine. He's on a wind up.