Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best thing about this site is.....

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
What is the best thing about this site in your opinion?

Notwithstanding the educated content (well sometimes), mine is the fact that there are no irritating smileys.

Good work chaps. (smiley thumbs up thing)

Comments

• Options
    I like the fact that i can post something obscure such as a 17yr old from Ramsgate having a trial, and within an hour you've had replies from someone who has seen him play for years growing up, and another from someone who knows him.

Pretty surreal this internet malarky

Oh, and this site has introduced me to Plaaayer, something you just can't put a price on.
  • Options
    I'm trying to work out whether that's a compliment or not?
  • Options
    I like the total lack of sarcasm.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i like that those who have seen it all before and don't use their wisdom of age to be patronising in any way shape or form.

oh and i really like it that there are no cliques on here.
  • Options
    not delboy definately a not
  • Options
    The Would Ya.

;o)
  • Options
    the fact that even if we're going down there are loons that genuinely believe we will stay up .... i know i'm weird but the delusional on here make you feel almost normal (almost)
  • Options
    The takeover thread.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i know i'm weird

Curbishley is God.
  • Options
    it's the only way I can communicate with Razil since he de-friended me on Facebook :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love it all! special mentions to AFKA Stats
  • Options
    Mr One Lung

The search engine, especially when you mug people off so spectacularly as you did on the John Terry thread.
  • Options
    1. the new bird on countdown thread.
    2. the c/life/demelza day at the valley.
    3. it has also acted like a sort of friendsreunited, hence i'm in contact with people i knew from 20 years ago, that had drifted away from.
    4. it never fails to amaze at how different peoples opinions on games/players are.
    5. the exclusive c/life badges handed out to the chosen few.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]the new bird on countdown thread.

Can't disagree with that!

I also like how clean the layout of the site is, where you don't have to wade through acres of signatures and avatars to get through each post. There's just the person's name, occasionally a small picture, and their comment. Substance over style I guess you could call it.
  • Options
    The best thing about this site is the very fact that it exists. Not all fans are so lucky to have such a great site and of course it's free to use.
  • Options
    this site is so refreshing its not doom and gloom like the os site , the humour is very funny , i find i can read all the posts , without wanting to cut my wrists
  • Options
    What everybody said.
  • Options
    Brilliant layout and some very funny characters.
  • Options
    Would yas

links to commentaries

match threads

reading the stupid arguments

STATS
  • Options
    Did someone mention....

53049snapshot2009092117.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I met Maria via the site & we're getting married in June!
  • Options
    The fact that I now know there are many more charlton nuts out there like me

afka stats

the 'insider' info we are occasionally privy to

too much to list really - just keep up the good work
  • Options
    i like the spell check
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]The best thing about this site is the very fact that it exists. Not all fans are so lucky to have such a great site and of course it's free to use.

What he said
  • Options
    Best thing about this site?????

Well, apart from Oggy ;-)

I love reading NSS's rants.......it's just like matchdays!!!!!
  • Options
    I really like the leeway we're given to go off on one about other things, whether it's holidays, a problem with the plumbing (...ooh er missus) or something a bit more serious, dare I say political. It means that we can all get our daily dose of CAFC but can also have a chat about other things as you would do over a beer pre match.

For the most part posters on here are a credit to the club, there's little in the way of bad language (which is exceptional), posters aren't afraid to self moderate if someone's crossed a line and most people are prepared to respect others opinions even if they think it's the biggest load of balls since Jordan compiled his business plan.
  • Options
    I like the fact that it's outlasted Simon Jordan.
  • Options
    I'd like to apologize for occasionally using little smilies.

I love the fact that this site lets me feel closer to the club than I ever did during the premiership years, when you could actually see matches on TV, and got news about the club through mainstream interweb sites.

Would be terribly hard to stay up to date without this site...and, makes me look forward to coming over for Leeds all the more, hoping to put faces to usernames!
  • Options
    the zabeel thread and whether emma might improve
  • Options
    that people try and make a case for our abysmal away support.......