Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ali Dizaei, discuss

Normal bent copper or one that screams racism, to hide behind their crimes? When you hear the charge sheet against this scum bag, it amazes you that he has survived (and been promoted many times along the way) so long.

Is this equal opportunities in action, or more equal opportunities (for some), I can't imagine a white senior policeman being allowed such freedom to use and abuse his position, but that is probably because it would not be allowed to happen, so why has it with him?

Comments

• Options
    He's an idiot who thought he was above the law because of his position in the Met. He deserved everything that he got.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Scary how far you can go by shouting 'racist'. I hope this guys story makes people start looking at the place identity politics has in our society.
  • Options
    Positive discrimination in action - this muppet would not have got anywhere near the top of the Met if we had true equality - what's worse, the idiots who practice positive discrimination ultimately damaged race relations immeasurably, as it just serves to upset people and cause resentment. And, course, this particular idiot (who played the race card at every opportunity) has duly set back the cause of honest coppers from the ethnic minorities (trying to get to the top on their own merit) by years. What a dick.

This whole affair stinks and says a lot about where we have gone wrong with political correctness over the years. In the end, you get the police force that you deserve, I suppose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I can't imagine a white senior policeman being allowed such freedom to use and abuse his position, but that is probably because it would not be allowed to happen, so why has it with him?

You should read this and you'd change your mind:

Untouchables (book)
  • Options
    power/position changes people

colour is irrelevant
  • Options
    it's the fact that he was the head of the "black" police ?
  • Options
    that'll be because he was the highest ranking ethnic minority police officer
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]power/position changes people

colour is irrelevant[/quote]

Agreed, he was a bad cop. His crime includes harmig race relations and reinforced, wrongly, people who believe that successful ethnics are the result of race relations and politicla correctness as oppossed to their own skills and abilities. He has done a diservice topeople of colour every where.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Normal bent copper or one that screams racism, to hide behind their crimes? When you hear the charge sheet against this scum bag, it amazes you that he has survived (and been promoted many times along the way) so long.

Is this equal opportunities in action, or more equal opportunities (for some), I can't imagine a white senior policeman being allowed such freedom to use and abuse his position, but that is probably because it would not be allowed to happen, so why has it with him?

A criminal who got away with it for too long, but it says more about the Met not policing themselves properly rather than anything about political correctness (sorry Daily Mail fans). Bear in mind that this is the same police force that let the killers of Stephen Lawrence go amid accusations of "institutional racism" now apparently they are promoting police officers who allege racism to avoid being prosecuted and get promotion. I suspect like many sociopaths he was evry adept at being seen to do a good job and in being a good policeman, but for the Met to fail to follow up complaints smacks of bad internal procedures and nothing else.

Then again Cressida Dick who was the senior officer on duty and oversaw the shooting of Jean-Charles de Menezes and yet got promoted after it.
  • Options
    BFR, Interesting that you say that it has nothing to do with political correctness, but then acknowledge that he was promoted by bosses afraid to challenge him when he screamed 'racism' and eager to promote him in order to avoid being accused of racism themselves. This kind of thing is more endemic than you might like to think and is a bar to true equality and the ideals of meritocracy.

I agree, however, that he was obviously a sociopath and a nasty piece of work and that in that respect his ethnicity had nothing to do with the fact. In fact, it appears that he has a lot in common with the last high profile conviction for perjury - the one and only Geoffrey Archer (who also got four years for it).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read Lenny Ls book he was an avid Daily mail reader.

as for this guy he was a scum bag that used his office in the worst way. He used the political correct mafia word "racist" to deflect what he was doing for years. The ex leader of the Black Police Federation said last night he has put their cause back a decade on his own.You can say his race was/is not an issue but he used it as one!

As you say Cressida Dick has got promoted and if she gets caught abusing her power will she use her race to attempt to defend herself ? why wont she be able to do that ?
  • Options
    nah, she'll use her sex instead

desperate people use desperate measures
  • Options
    who was it that asked for all political threads to be banned recently?

Very strange or maybe not
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]BFR, Interesting that you say that it has nothing to do with political correctness, but then acknowledge that he was promoted by bosses afraid to challenge him when he screamed 'racism' and eager to promote him in order to avoid being accused of racism themselves. This kind of thing is more endemic than you might like to think and is a bar to true equality and the ideals of meritocracy.

You missed the word "apparently", my point being that despite some complaints about his suitability to be a policeman, let alone be promoted he was never investigated. That suggests to me that the Met have poor internal procedures.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]who was it that asked for all political threads to be banned recently?

Very strange or maybe not

Was thinking that myself!
  • Options
    'That suggests to me that the Met have poor internal procedures'

You won't find anyone arguing with that...just ask the relatives of Stephen Lawrence, for example.
  • Options
    i think it implies that they have internal procedures !

last two years on and off working within a PCT and a City Authority have to say im stunned by lack of polices, procedures , audits etc. Mention of the national audit office just brings laughter!! Still it pays my bills ! and there where no procedures within the Mayoral Office either. Just because the organisation is large dont mean they have a proceedure or there is any attempt to follow it even if they do !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]BFR, Interesting that you say that it has nothing to do with political correctness, but then acknowledge that he was promoted by bosses afraid to challenge him when he screamed 'racism' and eager to promote him in order to avoid being accused of racism themselves. This kind of thing is more endemic than you might like to think and is a bar to true equality and the ideals of meritocracy.
    You missed the word "apparently", my point being that despite some complaints about his suitability to be a policeman, let alone be promoted he was never investigated. That suggests to me that the Met have poor internal procedures.
    But he has been investigated before - see this transcript of an interview on Breakfast with Frost in 2003 following a previous case against him collapsing. It could be he's always been dodgy, and this is the first time they've managed to make it stick, or they've always had it in for him and they've jumped on a single incident as evidence of him being a scumbag. Or the truth lies somewhere in between.
  • Options
    CommentAuthorbigstemarraCommentTime1 hour ago # 4
    Positive discrimination in action - this muppet would not have got anywhere near the top of the Met if we had true equality - what's worse, the idiots who practice positive discrimination ultimately damaged race relations immeasurably, as it just serves to upset people and cause resentment. And, course, this particular idiot (who played the race card at every opportunity) has duly set back the cause of honest coppers from the ethnic minorities (trying to get to the top on their own merit) by years. What a dick.

I dont see how positive discrination works? It just gives negative dicrimination the other way. As for the race card it is played everyday.
    Why is there not a white police Federation?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Agreed, he was a bad cop. His crime includes harmig race relations and reinforced, wrongly, people who believe that successful ethnics are the result of race relations and politicla correctness as oppossed to their own skills and abilities. He has done a diservice topeople of colour every where.

This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seem's to sum of Modern Britain to me, not the fact that he was a bent copper/corrupt,( I feel thay have alway's existed) but that he could play the race card and in political terms be fast tracked, despite his known character, a bit like Cressida Dicks as another poster stated. The police should be there to enforce the law , however badly drafted, it is not in there gift to suck up to political and moral groups, or to oppose them simply because the Goverment in power is currently against them. I do not expect Justice from the law, but I do expect impartiality, people like this individual set back the intergration of this country, and every honest policewoman and police officer.
  • Options
    Agree with a lot of the comments on here. Whilst he is not the first bent senior copper, he is the first to get rumbled numerous times and get away with it by playing the race card.

Ultimitely, I believe the type of positive discrimination / political correctness that has been practiced in the last few years particuarly in the public services will be looked back on in the future as one of the most counter productive and divisive policies of the era.

I remember going for a job at the London Development Agency a few years back and was amazed when 20 minutes of a 40 minute interview was taken up with equal opportunities questions.

I spoke to a mate after the interview who works for City Hall and he said that is standard procedure and when going for this type of job and what they expect you to do is read back ther equal opportunites policy verbatim when the questions are asked.

Needless to say, I didn't get the job and lo and behold several years down the line the LDA was engulfed in a scandal regarding funding of projects in Brixton which basically appeared to be a way of syphoning public money to friends of the Chief Exec. I seem to remember the race card being played in that case as well.

In a way I dont even blame people like Ali Dizaei, if you are crooked sociopath and you are presented with such an obvious get out of jail card then you are going to play that card.

You need to have a society that is able to have an open debate about contentious issues like race. If you have a society where people are unable to debate these things for fear of being politically incorrect then you open the door for these sorts of abuses of power.
  • Options
    Not particularly sure that slapping some geezer around in a row over paying money for a website he may or may not have designed/hosted for him qualifies him as a 'crooked sociopath'. Absolutely no question in my mind the bloke is as bent as arseholes, but 'crooked sociopath' is a bit of a weird term to use - to me he just comes across as a chancer who's been given a nice easy ride because he was mouthy and willing to play the race card to his advantage. Seems to be thick as pigshit as well from interviews I've seen him give - but believe me, there are far, far, far stupider and benter coppers than him out there in extremely senior positions in forces up and down the country. Most of them are white.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]CommentAuthorbigstemarraCommentTime1 hour ago # 4

I dont see how positive discrination works? It just gives negative dicrimination the other way. As for the race card it is played everyday.
    Why is there not a white police Federation?

There was a time not long ago I too would have asked your final question.

However I have recently re-established contact after many years with an old school friend who became a senior officer in the police but has now retired. He is white but was a member of the Black Police Association.(BPA) In other words white (or any other colour come to that) officers could join the BPA if they wished.

The function of the BPA , according to my old mate, is to address issues peculiar to black officers which the Police Federation as a whole is not able to address for example how predominantly black communities perceive black officers was an example I was given.

As regards the topic of the thread the guy comes across to me as a selfish egotist who will cynically play any card to try and survive.

I have encountered people of all colours and creeds who do that.
  • Options
    I spoke to a serving copper yesterday, he said that the whole Met is raising a glass to his imprisonment, black, white, green with blue polka dots.

His opinion, was that he was a wrong'un from the start, who played and manipulated the race card from the off, specifically in the last 10 years or so when race relation and human rights organisations jumped on the band wagon and he saw the scope that these groups backing would give him. Essentially, the Mets bosses were running scared of being accused of racism, being sued and dragged through some sort of tribunal, so they backed off, the guy was a piece of scum, end of. Unfortunately, this country now has a generation of people who will use the race card to excuse their behaviour, or their own shortcomings in job interviews or when they just generally dont get their own way life. I have experienced this first hand in HMS prison service, black inmate couldnt get his own way, brazenly told me that he was going to use the race card, guess what, got what he wanted, due to all the reasons mentioned above.

He is not the first, and certainly wont be the last bent copper, but lets hope that the next copper of ethnic background who gets accused of wrong doing, doesnt follow this path.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Good post Len.

Making all of this a political issue doesn't help the situation at all. 'Ashes to Ashes' was amusing but is that really what people think our police force should revert back to? Power tends to corrupt unfortunately in most walks of life.

Biggest gripe at my last place of work was female staff getting preferential treatment and getting over promoted. In some cases it seemed to be the case but on the other hand there had always been plenty of over promoted males as well. A few bad apples shouldn't be allowed to deflect from the need for a fairer society.
  • Options
    What DA9 said. spot on. Hope his cell mate isn't a member of the BNP!
  • Options
    Been trying to get in the emergency services for the last two years. Really want to be a Fireman but would also give police work a go. Can't get in. Im physically fit, 26 years old, 6' 2'' and i'd run through a wall to save someones life, but i never even get a response from my applications!!!...yet a friend who is in the Fire Brgade says his watch has jut taken on a woman who cant even reach the ladder on the top of the Fire Engine when they turn up at Jobs!

I think my best bet is to turn into a Ethnic Lesbian Midget and i'll have a chance.

Anyway, The Met bloke is a tool.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification of the BPA Len, I didn't know that.

I was confused how a non black could get to the top of the BPA.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]What DA9 said. spot on. Hope his cell mate isn't a member of the BNP!

He is on the VPU at Wandsworth (Vunerable Person Unit) which is 90% nonces, if he was on the general population wings, as an ex copper, let alone senior officer, he would get battered at every opportunity, enjoy Dizaei.