Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Career ended early due to injury?

Gary Shaw (22)
Brian Little (27)
Rob Jones (26)
Norman Whiteside (26)

any others..............?

Comments

• Brian Clough (28)
  • Graham Tutt 19
  • Matt Holmes
    Andy Hunt
    Super Clive
    Richard Rufus
    Gary Rowett

Pierlugi Casaragi (Chelsea 10million striker)
    Lilian Nalis
    Dean Ashton
  • Dean Ashton (26)
    Steve Coppell (28)
  • I had trials with Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca, AC Milan and Santos, failed due to a dicky knee, tragic.
  • David Busst - remember how he went !!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Greenster[/cite]David Busst - remember how he went !!!

Busst his leg didn't he ? Claret everywhere.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    Lilian Nalis

Lilian Nalis is ancient and was playing for Plymouth a couple of years ago!
  • Gary Poole

Paul Lake 23/28
  • Peter Reeves. Can't remember off hand how old he was but no more than 25.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Matt Holmes
    Andy Hunt
    Super Clive
    Richard Rufus
    Gary Rowett

Pierlugi Casaragi (Chelsea 10million striker)
    Lilian Nalis
    Dean Ashton

Mendonca made it through to about 33 before he retired, Hunt 31, Rowett played on in the Conference until he was 34ish - i would say if you make it past 30 as a professional - it's a good innings.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Peter Reeves. Can't remember off hand how old he was but no more than 25.

Shows you how old adults look when you're young. I remember him from when I was about 10 and thought he was ancient (ie at least 32). I'm very surprised that he had to retire that young.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    Lilian Nalis

Lilian Nalis is ancient and was playing for Plymouth a couple of years ago!

I think you meant Luc Nilis, but he was 33 when he retired.
  • Mark Penfold
  • Marc Vivian Foe - not really an injury but certainly a career sadly ended early.
  • Yeah I meant Luc Nallis, the Villa striker.
  • edited February 2010
    Career started following injury.

Heather Mills
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Heather Mills.

Not according to Emma Jones, she might have a leg missing but she's got both arms so she can still go in goal.
  • Paul Elliot
  • Sponsored links:

• Owen Hargreaves may be the next name to retire early from injury.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Mendonca made it through to about 33 before he retired, Hunt 31, Rowett played on in the Conference until he was 34ish - i would say if you make it past 30 as a professional - it's a good innings.
    Rowett did retire from professional football though, could only play semi-pro. Matt Holmes also played semi-pro for a bit as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Mendonca made it through to about 33 before he retired, Hunt 31, Rowett played on in the Conference until he was 34ish - i would say if you make it past 30 as a professional - it's a good innings.
    Rowett did retire from professional football though, could only play semi-pro. Matt Holmes also played semi-pro for a bit as well.

Matt Holmes went to Dorchester i think...
  • Malcolm Allison (26 ish? Had TB)

Wayne Harrison (80's Oldham wonderkid...lightning quick...went to Liverpool....never played for them).
  • Off_it (23/24)

Not an "injury" in the traditional sense - it was just around then I realised I was shite and gave up trying.
  • Hunt retired due to injury - think not - he had some form of Yuppie Flu/M.E./Glandular fever or something like that so it was illness that forced him to retire..
  • Gordon Watson
  • Simon Webster, not really young but a horrible injury just after he signed for West Ham
    Paul Gorman (or did he carry on in the non leagues)?
  • Dean Richards, Centre back formerly of Spurs and Southampton (30) retired due to unexplained dizzy spells.

Willem Korsten, Left winger formerly of Spurs and Leeds Utd (26) retired due to serious knee injury.

Danny Thomas, Full back formerly of Spurs (26) retired due to serious knee injury.

John White, Midfielder in the Spurs double winning side (27) killed when struck by lightning on a golf course in Enfield.

Justin Edinburgh retired through injury too, not too sure how old he was...
  • Gary Waddock
    Colin Bell