Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace v Villa

13»

Comments

• Options
    "20,846 at Shitfield Park.

Is that their record crowd since 1969?"

No...pretty sure they got 52,000 v Burnley in the 2nd Division in 1979.
  • Options
    second biggest then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHOICE Tv[/cite]Always rated Ambrose but it was never gonna happen for him here, like so many others..

For Ambrose read Lloyd Sam. Same muppets who used to slate Ambrose have now turned their attentions to Sam. If/when Lloyd goes he'll do well somewhere he's appreciated.

And not managed by a totaly moron.
  • Options
    rarely watch any football on telly these days, but thought it was a real cracking cup tie. Not sure how disappointing Villa were, or how much was down to palace not letting them play. Love Warnock as a pantomine character, the lino should be banned for giving a corner, yet he conveniently forgets his player got away with a clear elbow.

20k at Sellhurst to see Villa, yet under 9k home fans for the previous league game to see Swansea. And they had the cheek to call us 'Premiership' fans.....
  • Options
    Nolly...could well be! Shouldn't think either Palace or Charlton will see a 52,000 crowd in any division for a while yet.

PS: Ironically, the highest home attendance I've been in for a Charlton game...was at Selhurst Park v Liverpool...28,000. Bring back terracing I say!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] the lino should be banned for giving a corner, yet he conveniently forgets his player got away with a clear elbow.

Well palarse fan at my work said Palarse got a corner when it should of been a goal kick, which they scored from against wolves in the last round!!
    Warnock is such a git!! Strange how he forgets that!! GIT
  • Options
    I think why most people were pissed off with Ambrose was not that he did not have 'ability', but that he seemed not to use that ability! . What he does at Palace who cares!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ambrose could have off days for us and it wouldnt matter.
    He was surrounded by much better players who carried or covered for him if you like.
    At palace he stands out like a sore thumb as the rest of their team are shit, granted not as shit as our current crop, but shit none the less.

Free was hit as well as you would expect a professional to hit a ball, but was a two man wall sufficent?
    Nope and that is why it flew into the back of the net.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]the lino should be banned for giving a corner, yet he conveniently forgets his player got away with a clear elbow.

Well palarse fan at my work said Palarse got a corner when it should of been a goal kick, which they scored from against wolves in the last round!!

Totally agree with this. I cannot abide with fans who say his endless rants at officials are 'passion'. It's all utterly blinkered nonsense. You don't see him arguing the toss for dodgy decisions that go his way as was mentioned above when Palace got a favorable dodgy decision against Wolves. He may well have a point about the corner/goal kick issue but most fans whether they think he's right or wrong simply sick and tired of his ceaseless childish, pathetic, blinkered nonsense. Then to suggest the officials had CHEATED because Aston Villa are Premier League makes my blood boil and proves what an idiot and ill informed manager he really is.
  • Options
    Sometimes his rants are about taking the spotlight away from his team or one of its players actions or performance. He rants on about the lino and Alan Lee does not warrant so much coverage
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Sometimes his rants are about taking the spotlight away from his team or one of its players actions or performance. He rants on about the lino and Alan Lee does not warrant so much coverage

spot on.

Fergie and wenger do the same thing when ever their teams lose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]At palace he stands out like a sore thumb as the rest of their team are shit, granted not as shit as our current crop, but shit none the less.
    quote]

Sorry but that is garbage.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]the lino should be banned for giving a corner, yet he conveniently forgets his player got away with a clear elbow.

Totally agree with this. I cannot abide with fans who say his endless rants at officials are 'passion'. It's all utterly blinkered nonsense. Then to suggest the officials had CHEATED because Aston Villa are Premier League makes my blood boil and proves what an idiot and ill informed manager he really is.

Colin cheat - surely not?
    Then there was the time Colin was manager at Sheff Utd ...........

Linky: Sheff Utd losing 3-0, down to 6 players - match abandoned

Sheffield Utd v WBA - with just 6 men left on the park.
    Three Blades were sent off, including two substitutes who had both only come on moments before ... Warnock then insisted that his skipper come off, and minutes later Warnock brought off a further player, leaving Sheff Utd with just 6 players. The Laws of the game state that a team must consist of a minimum of 7 players - so match abandoned.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]"20,846 at Shitfield Park.

Palace have never got 52,000 in their existence, unless you are rounding your figures up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]

Palace have never got 52,000 in their existence, unless you are rounding your figures up.

You're quite right, it was only 51801 or 51482 depending on where you get your stats. Also several thousand that were unable to get in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]

You're quite right, it was only 51801 or 51482 depending on where you get your stats. Also several thousand that were unable to get in.

Budgie, I already knew that.
    I'm in no mood to bend with this, Palace have never got 52,000 in their existence.
    Facts are Facts ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]

Budgie, I already knew that.
    I'm in no mood to bend with this, Palace have never got 52,000 in their existence.
    Facts are Facts ;-)
    They probably got 9,000 for their following match.