Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson - Signed on a 1-month loan

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Why have Notts County let him go out on loan when they are chasing promotion?

They're skint and need him off the wage bill I imagine. From the link Len posted above sounds like the fans are surprised they let him go.

Plus the player wanted to move back to London, as his wife lives here and she's heavily pregnant apparently.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Why have Notts County let him go out on loan when they are chasing promotion?

They're skint and need him off the wage bill I imagine. From the link Len posted above sounds like the fans are surprised they let him go.

Plus the player wanted to move back to London, as his wife lives here and she's heavily pregnant apparently.

Sounds like a potential signing then at the end if the season if he impresses. This sounds quite promising because he will be playing his socks off for a move, if not its back to Nottingham
  • Options
    Great signing. Could not see us being able to sign anyone better on loan, so v good business imo.
  • Options
    I think this is a good signing, may score, may just be better at sprinting the line than Base, lets wait and see.
  • Options
    Reading Large's bit, I thought yeah, I like the sound of that midfield...then it occured to me we would have 12 players!
  • Options
    Very good signing. Bit worried about Youga being out for another six to eight weeks though. What is actually wrong with him? Ideally I would like to see Jackson on the left of midfield, but he should be a capable left back. He is a brilliant crosser of the ball and should have done better in his career and he'll know that. Just what we need, hungry players - and not in the Peter Garland sense!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Reading Large's bit, I thought yeah, I like the sound of that midfield...then it occured to me we would have 12 players!

oops, edited now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Reading Large's bit, I thought yeah, I like the sound of that midfield...then it occured to me we would have 12 players!

oops, edited now.

Large it was a better team before the edit ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Very good signing. Bit worried about Youga being out for another six to eight weeks though. What is actually wrong with him?

Ligament damage.

Basey's got ankle ligament problems.
    Yougs has got knee ligament problems.

'Orrible injury, never seems to mend quickly or properly, as anyone who has ever played knows.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Very good signing. Bit worried about Youga being out for another six to eight weeks though. What is actually wrong with him?

Ligament damage.

Basey's got ankle ligament problems.
    Yougs has got knee ligament problems.

'Orrible injury, never seems to mend quickly or properly, as anyone who has ever played knows.

Your right there Oggy, worse than a break in most cases
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really pleased with Jackson, seems that there may be a chance we could get him permanently but for now, should fill in well at LB and can move into midfield if PAarky wants to change things during a game or we need to go more attack minded. That goal he scored at The Valley was special and he is clearly imho too good for League 2.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This thread has significantly cheered me up and given me a bit of hope again when I was in serious danger of turning into a miserable bastard :-)
    I'm almost looking forward to Saturday now :-).....I think...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]although a good signing on the face of it, it is another loanee, and he only wants out of Notts County cause his wife is in London and up the duff, so ideal for him. I know Solly wasn't great the other night but there were far more experienced players on the pitch who were far worse than him and as he's predominately a right-back he needs a couple of games to get into it. I'd rather we had persevered with Solly, I want to see our youngsters progress. Plus if we can always majic up a midfielder or a left-back from somewhere why can't Parky magic up a decent forward which is where the problem lies.

As for Spring, I'd bring him back into midfield alongside Shelvey or Racon, Sam and Reid out wide, Bailey slightly withdrawn supporting Burton.
    Parky surely has a better idea than us if Solly is ready to start every week out of his best positon. If he struggled and then Jackson was brought in a month later you'd say it was poor judgement to play a young player out of position when we are under pressure to challenge for promotion. Progressing young players isn't just about playing them.

Agree with your midfield would like to see that or similar.
  • Options
    see if we can turn him into a propper charlton player within a month!
  • Options
    the team problems is defence not in goal scoring. We have only had 8 clean sheets in the league so far this season. That is just not good enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]the team problems is defence not in goal scoring. We have only had 8 clean sheets in the league so far this season. That is just not good enough.

spot on mate, as I mentioned on another thread

CL has an obsession with strikers but it's actually the defence which is jeopardizing our promotion push

if we could keep the odd clean sheet at home we'd be sitting pretty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]thought he was a bit younger than 27

I thought he was older than 27!

On paper a good signing and I hope he likes getting forward, if so he/Reid could make for a good left-flank combination.
  • Options
    I thought Jackson looked decent when at Spurs, so I'm damn sure he's good enough for us unless he's gone downhill.

Large would prefer Solly.Well I don't understand that, because Solly would struggle to hold down the right back birth, let alone have him playing on the left, when he can't kick with his left.It would be grossly unfair on Solly and he looked like a fish out of water against Rovers.

Rovers attacked Solly most of the game & was one of the reasons why we struggled (not Solly's fault).

Most people say we've missed Youga's attacking runs & surely Jackson will be able to provide these ?

I'm very pleased.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't a clue how old he is, but could've sworn Johnny Jackson was black when he was at Spurs. ...errr, guess not!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I haven't a clue how old he is, but could've sworn Johnny Jackson was black when he was at Spurs. ...errr, guess not!
    I could have sworn that Michael Jackson was black when he was with the Jackson Five.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I haven't a clue how old he is, but could've sworn Johnny Jackson was black when he was at Spurs. ...errr, guess not!
    I realised I didn't know what Jason Puncheon looked like until the other day. I thought he was white!
  • Options
    Jackson's 27.
  • Options

I thought the same thing but for some reason I think I confusing him with Rohan Ricketts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    I realised I didn't know what Jason Puncheon looked like until the other day. I thought he was white!
    same!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    same!

Is that because you think all coloured folk look the same eh?

Typical racist police ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    same!

Is that because you think all coloured folk look the same eh?

Typical racist police ;-)

I think "black", rather than "coloured" is the preferred term these days but not sure if that has reached as far a Hull yet : - )
  • Options
    when i was younger black was a more racist word than coloured,christ how times have changed
  • Options
    How did he do?